Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Not all case results are provided; each case is different; prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results. The case results listed are the total result, not the client’s net. Included in these amounts were attorney’s fees, costs, medical bills, liens, etc.
|"Motorcyclist are frequently the victims of inattentive and negligent drivers.....and unfortunately the bikers injuries are commonly tragic..."|
Erik G. Abrahamson, Representing Bikers for Over 25 Years.
Florida motorcycle accident statistics show that motorcycle accidents typically account for a disproportionately high number of catastrophic traffic accidents resulting in brain injury, broken bones, paralysis, and death. Tragically, the vast majority of Florida motorcycle accidents were unavoidable by the motorcyclist who was injured or killed but could have been easily avoided by the other vehicle driver who caused it. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk understand the complex aspects of Florida motorcycle accident cases, including:
- Florida vehicle laws pertaining to motorcyclists
- Motorcycle accident reconstruction
- Roadway design and architecture as it relates to motorcyclists
- Motorcycle design and manufacturing issues (resulting in product liability)
|In most motorcycle-motor vehicle accidents, a negligent or inattentive automobile driver is at fault. Some of the common types of collisions include:|
- A driver swerving directly in front of a motorcyclist
- A driver pulling out of an intersection or driveway into the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- A driver's failure to follow posted traffic laws or yield proper right of way
- A driver's failure to see a motorcyclist when changing lanes or passing other motor vehicles
- A driver who is temporarily impaired by drugs or alcohol
Most motorcycle riders understand the physical and financial consequences of being involved in a motorcycle accident. Thus, most riders pay attention to the basics of motorcycle safety. For example, a comfortable, full-face motorcycle helmet can drastically improve a rider's chances of survival in a serious accident. Also, proper clothing is considered a must when it comes to riding safely. As an additional precaution, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation also recommends that riders adopt the "SEE" System in order to navigate traffic safely. The "SEE" system reminds bike owners to:
- Search around you for potential hazards
- Evaluate any possible hazards, such as merging traffic
- Execute the proper action to avoid the hazard
Unfortunately, even the most conscientious riders cannot completely avoid the safety threat poised by negligent drivers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over one hundred thousand riders are injured in motorcycle accidents every year, thousands of whom lose their lives as a result of their injuries. In the state of Florida, motorcycle accidents resulted in nearly 7,500 injuries in 2009 alone, including 376 tragic fatalities. Sadly, all too many of these collisions could have easily been prevented if it were not for the negligence of other drivers who failed to share the road with motorcyclists.
Thus, to all riders: Utilize the "SEE" system to enhance your safe motorcycle enjoyment!
If you have questions or concerns about injuries sustained in a
motorcycle crash, please contact the Florida motorcycle accident lawyers at
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today. We offer free initial consultations
and work on a contingent fee basis, which means that there are no fees or costs unless we win. For assistance on your Florida motorcycle accident case, call us toll-free at
ALL 24/7 1-800-753-5203
Personal telephone calls are the quickest and preferred way to contact us for your free consultation and case evaluations.
Call Now and Put Our Experienced Injury
Attorneys to Work for You: 800-753-5203
- Brooksville: 352-666-1111
- Bradenton: 941-746-8181
- Brandon: 813-681-1800
- Clearwater: 727-725-9411
- Citrus County: 352-726-9991
- New Port Richey: 727-847-1700
- Orlando: 407-622-5297
- Sarasota: 941-365-5297
- Spring Hill: 352-666-1111
- St. Petersburg: 727-323-5297
- Sumter County: 352-793-8800
- Tampa: 813-223-5295
Car Accident Information
"Car accident injuries comprise nearly 80% of our injury practice....driving is the largest risk many of us encounter on a day to day basis..."
Erik G. Abrahamson, Representing Car Accident Victims for over 25 years.