Born in Milford, Connecticut on January 25, 1977. Has lived and studied in six countries, including Saitama, Japan; Madrid, Spain; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Haifa, Israel. He is an avid traveler and has traveled to over 120 countries and territories around the world.
Practice: Justin’s practice began in 2002 as a defense lawyer for one of the largest insurance defense law firms in the State of Florida. His experience representing large corporations and insurance companies has given him a unique insight into how the other side may be analyzing a case.
Justin is a specialist in Civil Trial Law and has been exclusively representing injured parties for the past fifteen years.
- Graduated with a dual Juris Doctorate (JD) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the Kogod School of Business from American University in Washington, D.C.
- Law school in Washington, D.C. and graduated with honors from American University Washington College of Law in 2002. Was the first student in school history to graduate from American University with both a JD and MBA in just a three year period.
- Bachelor of Arts from American University, cum laude in 1999.
- Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- National Board of Trial Advocacy – Civil Trial
- Appointed by Florida Bar President to the Florida Bar Civil Trial Law Board Certification Committee for 2019-2020. Committee members are responsible for writing and grading the tests that trial lawyers must take before becoming board certified in civil trial. The Committee also conducts peer review and judicial review of all candidates for Board Certification in Civil Trial.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association and The Florida Bar in 2002
- Admitted to practice in the Northern, Southern, and Middle District of Florida Federal courts
- Member, Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI) – 2015-Present
- Florida Justice Association
- Primarily personal injury including automobile crashes and trucking accidents;
- Slip and Fall injuries;
- Workplace Injuries;
- Brain Injury;
- Wrongful Death cases; and
- Admiralty/Maritime Law/Boating Accidents
- In 2015, attained an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell, a national law firm rating system. The “AV” rating is the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The “A” signifies legal ability to be “very high to preeminent.” The “V” represents “very high” ethical standards. https://www.martindale.com/Mr-Justin-William-Pimenta/157975621-lawyer.htm
- In 2017, 2018, and 2019 was selected for inclusion in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 100” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2018 was admitted to lifetime membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- In 2019 was admitted to lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- Avvo nationwide attorney rating service score of “Superb” – 10.0 out of 10.0
- In 2010, 2016, and 2017 was selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers: Rising Stars listing for Plaintiff’s Personal Injury.
- In 2017, 2018, and 2019 was selected by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for inclusion in the “Top 10” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2019 was selected for inclusion in America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2013, 2014, and 2015, and 2016 was selected for inclusion in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2015 and 2016 was selected by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for inclusion in the “Top 10 Under 40” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2015, was selected by Personal Injury Law Experts as the 2015/2016 Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year for Florida.
- In 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 was selected for inclusion in Legal Leaders – Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers as published in the Tampa Tribune.
- In 2017 was selected for inclusion in Top Attorneys/Outstanding Young Lawyers in the Tampa Bay Area as published in Tampa Bay Magazine.
Advanced Trial Advocacy:
- Completed the “National Session”, an advanced trial advocacy course presented by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) in Boulder, Colorado July 25-August 2, 2012.
- Completed the Florida Bar Trial Lawyer’s Section “Advanced Trial Advocacy” course at the University of Florida May 10-14, 2011.