Car Accident Lawyer Hillsborough County FL
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident and are looking for an experienced FL car accident lawyer to represent your case, then look no further than the expert Hillsborough County car accident lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk. We have helped recover millions in compensation for verdicts across FL and can help you recover the most possible compensation for any injuries that you sustained as a result of another’s negligence or recklessness. Our firm has years of experience handling car accidents cases like yours, and we know how to get results.
Here are some reasons why we believe we are your best choice:
- WE ARE A LAW FIRM WITH A REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE.That excellence has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report with a “Best Law Firm” rating, an A+ Rating with the BBB, and an “AV” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating.
- WE’VE BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND HAVE HELPED OVER 20K CLIENTS.When you hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to handle your Tampa accident injury claim you can be confident that we’re not some fly-by-night operation. As car accident lawyers, we’re deeply committed to the Tampa community.
- YOU DON’T PAY US UNLESS WE WIN.It costs you nothing to hire our Tampa car accident lawyers. We only take a fee if we successfully recover money for you. Our car accident lawyers also offer free consultations. If you think you might have a claim, we are ready to tell you for sure.
- WE’RE FREQUENTLY REFERRED CASES BY OTHER ATTORNEYS AND BY FORMER CLIENTS.We consider it a great compliment that our colleagues in the legal profession, and our former clients, think highly enough of our Firm to refer us to their friends and family.
- WE’VE EARNED HUNDREDS OF POSITIVE CLIENT REVIEWS.Perhaps the best indicator of the quality of our services as car accident lawyers is the kind words that our past clients have felt compelled to share. We encourage you to browse our reviews on Google, and to check out more written testimonials here.
- WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE YOUR CASE TO TRIAL.Many car accident injury law firms in Tampa want to settle your case as quickly as possible. While promptness is certainly a goal of ours, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if that’s what in your best interest. We encourage you to check out our history of jury verdicts and settlements here.
- WE’LL FIGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY TO GIVE YOU THE BEST CHANCE AT FAIR COMPENSATION.Insurance coverage in motor vehicle cases is incredibly complex. It’s not uncommon for clients to be unaware of their insurance coverage. Likewise, it is not uncommon for insurance adjusters to not fully explain the different types of coverage available to injured victims. Our experience has been that we commonly obtain significantly more compensation for our clients than was initially offered by the insurance company. Here are some examples of some of our actual car accident cases:
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
5 Reasons to Hire a Hillsborough County Car Accident Attorney
You should hire a car accident lawyer if you want to make sure that you receive fair compensation for damages caused by another party’s negligence. Issues like your insurance company not being willing to pay out on your claim, the other driver was uninsured or underinsured, you were injured in a serious accident involving multiple vehicles can all affect your final auto accident settlement.
If you want to make sure you get the most possible compensation and hold any responsible party accountable for your injuries, hiring a lawyer is crucial See below for specifics on how a car accident lawyer can help.
1. Pease of Mind and Ease of Stress
Hiring an attorney can save you time and stress. An attorney will handle all aspects of your case, including gathering evidence, preparing legal documents, filing paperwork, and more. He will also keep track of everything so that you don’t need to worry about anything.
2. A FL Car Accident Lawyer Knows Which Claims You Need To File Under FL State Law
While filing a personal injury protection (PIP) claim with your car insurance company is a must under Florida’s “no fault” insurance law (FL statute 627.7407), this may not be your only option to recover compensation. Since PIP coverages are usually low, they probably won’t cover you entirely for your losses, pain, and suffering if you are seriously injured. A Hillsborough County car accident attorney can help you seek additional compensation for the following claims that PIP may not cover:
- Bodily injury liability (BIL) insurance claim
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) insurance claim
- Product liability claim for a vehicle defect
- A “third-party” liability claim against the other driver’s employer, a government agency, or another party
3. An Experienced Car Accident Attorney Will Know How Much You Are Entitled to Recover
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. This includes things such as medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your injuries. A skilled car accident lawyer knows what types of damages you can receive and will fight hard to ensure you receive full compensation.
4. Expertise and Experience to Get You the Most Possible Compensation After an Accident
Insurance companies often try to settle claims before trial. However, the amount they offer you is not always how much you could receive from them or how much you could be awarded if you take the case to trial. When you hire an attorney to represent you, they will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf as well as decide for you if the case is worth taking to court.
5. Worried About Going to Court? Let an Auto Accident Lawyer Represent You
Going to court can be an overwhelming and often scary prospect, especially for someone who has been injured in an accident. Sometimes though going to court is the best way to make sure you receive the full compensation you’re entitled to. The insurance companies hire their own attorneys who will argue against you during the trial. They do this because they want to minimize the payout they must give you. Hiring a lawyer means you won’t have to worry about arguing against these attorneys.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Hillsborough County FL?
After a car accident, the first thing you should do is call 911 right away and request police and medical assistance. This is the first and most important step as your health, safety, and wellbeing are the most important.
After you’ve called 911 and help is on the way you can do the following, if it is safe to do so, to gather details to build a potential car accident case.
1. Stay on the scene until the police come. Do NOT admit any fault. Give the police a detailed description of what happened without exaggerating or elaborating.
2. Talk to the driver of the other vehicle and get their insurance and contact info. Take a picture of that info along with their license plate. Again, do not admit fault and do not apologize for the accident.
3. Take pictures and/or videos of any damages to your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and damage done to the area where the car accident happened. This can include pictures of skidmarks on the road.
4. Talk to any potential witnesses that may have seen the accident and get their contact info. Try to not discuss the accident with them and stick to the hard facts.
5. Call a car accident lawyer right away to discuss your case. You’ll want to call a lawyer before calling your insurance company.
FAQs: Recovering Your Losses After a Car Accident
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
There are no fees unless you win. You won’t pay anything unless we recover compensation for your accident.
How Many Aar Accidents Happen in Hillsborough County and Tampa FL?
Hillsborough County has been the site of thousands of road accidents since the beginning of 2020. According to Florida State Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 24,168 motor vehicle crashes in Hillsborough County FL in 2020. Of this total, 16,450 of those car crashes resulted in some form of injury. This means 68% of all motor vehicle accidents in Hillsborough county resulted in some form of injury.
How Much Can I Recover from My Car Accident Claim?
The amount of settlement one can receive from a car accident case varies greatly. Factors that affect this final compensation include the severity of injuries, amount of insurance coverage, as well as measurable losses from the accident. For a free, no-obligation assessment of your legal rights, contact us today.
Can I File a Claim Outside of PIP Coverage?
Since FL is a “no-fault” car accident state when you file under PIP policy, it doesn’t matter if the accident was your fault or not, you can still collect on your insurance.
When you file outside of PIP fault does matter, and you can only file if the accident was not your fault. Even if your insurance company determines you were at fault, you may still have options. Filing outside of PIP also requires you to provide proof of significant or permanent injuries. This can include if medical costs and loss of wages are more than what PIP is covering.
Talk to a Hillborough County Car Accident Attorney for Free 24/7
Do you need help after being injured in a motor vehicle accident? If so, we encourage you to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our Hillsborough County car accident attorneys are available 24/7, so call (800) 538-4878 or tell us how we can reach you online now. With 2 personal injury law offices in Tampa, we handle car accidents all throughout Hillsborough County. Contact us today if you are looking for an experienced:
- Tampa car accident lawyer,
- Brandon car accident lawyer,
- Dover car accident lawyer,
- Lutz car accident lawyer,
- Plant City car accident lawyer,
- Riverview car accident lawyer,
- Ruskin car accident lawyer,
- Sydney car accident lawyer,
- Town ‘n’ Country car accident lawyer,
- …and anywhere else in Hillsborough County or nearby
Reviews from Our Hillsborough County Auto Accident Clients
Service Area for Car Wreck Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL car accident lawyers
- Brandon, FL car accident lawyers
- Clearwater, FL car accident lawyers
- Lakeland, FL car accident lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL car accident lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL car accident lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL car accident lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL car accident lawyers
- Sarasota, FL car accident lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL car accident lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL car accident lawyers
- …and more (see all our office locations here)