Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle accident in Lakeland, FL, you could have the legal right to recover financial compensation for your damages.
Faced with a growing pile of medical bills and no way to pay your rent or mortgage payment, you could be facing financial and emotional trauma along with the physical pain you’re enduring.
The good news is that, depending on the details of your case, you could be legally entitled to recover the cost of your medical treatment, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
A Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer from Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can provide the assistance and support you need. We help protect your legal rights and fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
The Serious Risk of Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Lakeland
If you ride a motorcycle in Lakeland or the surrounding areas of Polk County, you face a fairly significant risk of being in an accident and suffering serious (or even fatal) injuries as a result.
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV), Polk County was home to almost 300 motorcycle crashes in 2019 alone. Of those, more than 30 accident victims lost their lives that year.
Compared to other U.S. states, the Sunshine State is home to some of the highest motorcycle accident rates in the country. Favorable weather and plenty of open roadways make our state especially popular with bikers.
Research from the Governors Highway Safety Association regularly ranks us as one of the most dangerous states for motorcycle riders, with motorcyclist fatalities making up almost 20% of our state’s annual traffic fatalities, despite motorcycles making up only about 3% of the state’s registered vehicles.
Florida motorcycle accident fatality data from Ride Smart Florida (the communication and outreach extension of the Florida Motorcycle Safety Coalition) demonstrates just how serious motorcycle crash injuries can be.
Although motorcycle crashes account for a relatively low percentage of overall motorized vehicle crashes in Florida, these accidents are responsible for a substantially higher percentage of traffic fatalities.
So, although you might not face a hugely inflated risk of being involved in a bike crash, you do face a significantly higher risk of dying as a result of any crash you may be involved in.
Taking extra precautions on the roadway is second nature to most bikers. No matter how cautious you might be, however, your life could change in an instant if you become the victim of someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions on the roadway.
Who Has Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident & Injury Claim?
Many Lakeland motorcycle crashes occur as a result of negligence or wrongful actions on the part of other motorists.
Other accidents happen due to poorly marked streets, neglected maintenance, highway construction, or other roadway hazards. Even faulty vehicle manufacturing and components can cause serious injury accidents for bikers.
If your accident may have been caused by another party’s negligence or wrongful actions, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. To negotiate a settlement or be successful in court, you must establish liability for your injuries.
Lakeland motorcycle accident attorneys typically prove liability by demonstrating the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care,
- Breach of duty,
- Causation, and
- Actual damages.
Motorists have a duty (a legal obligation) to exercise reasonable care when driving on the roadways and to act in a way that allows them to avoid causing harm to motorcycle riders, other drivers, and others on the road.
If a driver breaches their duty and, as a result, their actions lead to an accident, that driver is liable for any actual (demonstrable) damages that result.
In addition to motorists, there are other parties who have a duty of care to bikers. Commercial and public transportation companies must operate their vehicles safely to reduce the risk of harm.
Lakeland and other cities must maintain the roadways in good condition and provide safe, appropriate lighting and signage.
Contractors have an obligation to clearly mark areas of road construction and to barricade areas when workers are present. If any of these parties breach their obligations, they could have liability for your damages.
Will You Have to Go to Court for Your Lakeland Motorcycle Accident?
Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyers recognize the importance of building a persuasive, well-documented case.
Your attorney will build the strongest possible claim on your behalf and submit it to the at-fault party’s insurance company with a demand letter. From that point, the insurance company should begin to negotiate a potential settlement.
In most cases, attorneys successfully negotiate a settlement for injury victims with the insurance company.
This ensures that you get cash in hand as quickly as possible and avoid the hassle and delay that going to court can cause. Sometimes, however, your attorney might recommend filing a lawsuit and pursuing compensation that way.
Do You Have to Hire a Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Although you are not legally obligated to have an attorney to pursue a motorcycle injury settlement or even to file a civil suit, having an experienced Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer on your side provides many advantages.
When you choose an experienced personal injury lawyer from Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to handle your case, you will benefit in many significant ways.
Immediately, you will have the benefit of knowing our entire team is on your side. We work tirelessly to get you justice and help you pursue fair financial compensation for your damages.
These are just a few of the benefits we provide our Lakeland motorcycle accident clients:
- We investigate and document your case;
- We establish fault and liability for your damages;
- We handle every aspect of your case;
- We deal with all parties, including the insurance company;
- We help protect your legal rights; and
- We provide exceptional communication.
Our extensive network of resources will help us build your case and document your damages. We level the playing field for you with our extensive background and in-depth knowledge of the legal process and the local court system.
We make it clear to the insurance company that they must negotiate a settlement in good faith. Otherwise, we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
Calculating the Value of Your Motorcycle Injury Claim
When we calculate the value of your motorcycle injury claim, we identify and document all your damages. You may be entitled to recover some or all of the following:
- Emergency medical transportation and treatment,
- Physician and surgeon services,
- Hospital and surgical costs,
- Medication and assistive devices,
- Physical therapy and rehab,
- Lost income and benefits,
- Pain and suffering,
- Emotional trauma,
- Diminished quality of life, and
- Diminished earning capacity.
If your injuries will require future treatment or if you cannot return to work, we will also project the cost of any future care and loss of income. We can also incorporate into your settlement claim the value of any permanent damage or disability you sustained.
Our goal is to recover financial compensation that allows you to get the comprehensive medical treatment you need while covering expenses until you can get back on your feet.
We will handle all aspects of the negotiation process, so you can focus on the important task of recovering and healing from your injuries.
Talk to a Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
You do not have to face this difficult situation on your own. The experienced personal injury attorneys in Lakeland, FL provide compassionate and aggressive representation tailored to your needs.
We provide a free consultation and case evaluation, and we never collect any legal fees or costs until we recover compensation for you.
Contact us now to schedule your consultation or to speak directly with one of our Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyers today. If you have been in a car accident in Polk County, contact a Polk County, FL auto accident lawyer today.
Read Our Client Reviews From Our Lakeland Law Office Near You
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
Lakeland, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Clearwater, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Sarasota, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Orlando, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Bartow, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Brandon, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Brooksville, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Crystal River, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Citrus County, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Dade City, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Homosassa, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Hudson, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Inverness, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Lakeland, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Largo, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Lutz, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Plant City, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Port Richey, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Riverview, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Ruskin, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Sebring, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Sumter County, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL motorcycle accident lawyers
…and the surrounding area!