Motorcycle accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence. The risk posed by riding without the protection of a car’s safety features often proves fatal in the event of an accident.
Roadways are hazardous for even the safest of vehicles, and motorcycle accidents can result from an extensive variety of factors.
With over 100 years of combined experience, our focused, aggressive Tampa motorcycle accident lawyers may be able to help if you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence. Call us today for a free consultation at 1-800-753-5203.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Single Vehicle Accident Statistics
- 25% of motorcycle accidents involve only the motorcyclist
- 2/3 of single vehicle accidents are the result of rider error
- Curve slideout is the most common of these accidents
- Over-braking, too-wide turns, under-cornering, and excessive speed are the predominant causes of slideouts
- Speeding is a common denominator in the majority of single vehicle accidents
Multiple Vehicle Accident Statistics
- 75% of motorcycle accidents involve collision with a passenger vehicle
- Of those, the primary cause of collision was the vehicle driver’s inability to spot and recognize the motorcyclist
- 2/3 of motorcycle/vehicle collisions are the vehicle driver’s fault
- Speeding is a common denominator in the majority of multiple vehicle accidents
General Accident Statistics
- Less than 3% of motorcycle accidents are due to mechanical failure
- 29% of motorcycle fatalities involved riders with a BAC above .08
- In 2005, 1 out of every 3 motorcycle accident involved DUI
- Speeding is a common denominator in the majority of motorcycle accidents
To summarize these statistics, in the event of an accident, speeding and alcohol consumption are the most common error on the rider’s part, while lack of recognition is the most common problem on the driver’s part.
Motorcycle accidents could be drastically reduced if riders stayed near the speed limit and drivers paid closer attention to surrounding traffic on the road.
Put Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys to Work for You
If you’ve been injured in an accident, particularly at the hands of an at-fault driver, you might be facing an uphill battle in collecting compensation. You may need an experienced injury law team who will fight for just compensation for your injuries.
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has spent 30 years working with over 20,000 injury victims just like you. We have experience with the tactics an insurance company may throw your way, and, more importantly, we understand what you may need to recover.
Our injury law team can provide you with a free initial consultation to discuss the best next step for your particular situation.
If you decide legal action is appropriate, we offer 100% contingency services, so you won’t pay for any legal costs or fees unless we win your case. Call 1-800-753-5203 right now to get started.