Unsafe conditions on someone else’s property are responsible for all too many slip and fall accidents resulting in serious injuries to the back, neck and spine.
When it comes to suffering a neck injury from a fall, some victims find that they do not experience serious symptoms at the scene of the accident.
Instead, hours or days may pass before symptoms of their neck injury appear and they realize that a significant injury has taken place.
Common Symptoms of Neck Injury from a Fall
A neck injury can have a variety of symptoms, including:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Neck swelling
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Weakness, numbness or tingling in the arms and shoulders
- Dizziness or vertigo
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Injury
The fact that not all severe injuries are apparent at the actual scene of an accident is one of the main reasons why every slip and fall incident should be handled appropriately.
While your health and safety should be your top priorities after a slip and fall accident, there are some things you should do at the scene of an accident that can be helpful in protecting your rights, including:
- Reporting the accident to the property owner or manager
- Documenting the incident as best as possible with pictures and notes
- Gathering contact information from eyewitnesses
- Seeking medical attention for any injuries
- Contacting a slip and fall attorney for an evaluation of your case
Are you suffering from a neck injury that was caused by someone else’s carelessness? It may be time to speak with a Tampa personal injury lawyer.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our personal injury law team has stood up for the rights of injured victims since 1988. If you’ve been injured in an accident in our area, put our injury lawyers’ 100+ years of combined experience to work for today by calling 1-800-753-5203 for a free initial consultation.