Six Common Causes of Tampa Car AccidentsTrusted Content
Legally reviewed by:Erik Abrahamson, J.D. October 01, 2012
Establishing the exact cause of a car accident is one of the key steps in demonstrating fault in a Tampa personal injury case. Some of the most common causes of car accident include the following:
- Driver Error – Many auto accidents are the result of common driver errors such as unsafe passing, tailgating and failing to yield the right of way.
- Distractions – The chances of starting a serious car accident increase the moment a driver’s attention is diverted from the road. Common distractions include other passengers, mobile devices and applying makeup.
- Inclement Weather – Bad weather conditions such as rain, ice and fog that affect traction or visibility can make driving safely more challenging. Rapid changes in weather that catch drivers off guard once they are already on the road may be a factor in the cause of some accidents.
- Intoxication – The use of alcohol or drugs can severely impair a driver’s ability to drive safely and has led to many avoidable and tragic accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions – Improperly maintained roads and changing conditions caused by weather, construction and other circumstances can play a major role in the cause of a motor vehicle accident.
- Flawed Road Design – Badly designed roads or intersections and improperly placed signs may make it difficult for drivers to avoid a collision.
Let Us Put Our Experience Injury Attorneys to Work for You!
Drivers in the greater Tampa metropolitan area are often seriously injured in traumatic collisions through no fault of their own. If you have been injured in motor vehicle accident in our region, contact the experienced Tampa car accident lawyers of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk at 1-800-538-4878.