Sumter County Car Accident Lawyer
Why Hiring An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney In Sumter County Can Help With Your Car Accident Case
Recovering from a car accident requires patience and commitment. Getting better takes time, and you need to follow your doctor’s advice until you get better. It also requires persistence and an in-depth understanding of Florida law. The insurance companies won’t make your life easy; and, to protect yourself, it is best to have an experienced Sumter County car accident lawyer on your side.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our lawyers have been helping car accident victims in Sumter County for more than 30 years. If you have been injured in a collision, we can help you too. Here are five reasons why we believe you should choose our firm for your case:
- We Have a Reputation for Excellence Amongst Our Clients and Peers. Our Sumter County car accident attorneys are well-known for their dedication to pursuing just compensation for their clients. We have an “AV” Peer Reviewed Rating with Martindale-Hubbell and an A+ Rating with the BBB, and we have received numerous testimonials from our satisfied clients.
- We Don’t Charge Any Fees or Costs Unless We Win. With us, you can be absolutely certain that you will not be asked to pay any fees or costs unless we win your case. If we win, we will recoup our costs from your settlement or verdict, and our fees will be calculated as a percentage of your award.
- You Will Get To Know Your Attorney and Our Legal Team. We are passionate about getting to know our clients and providing personalized legal representation. Throughout your case, you will work one-on-one with your attorney and dedicated members of our legal team.
- You Will Feel Confident in the Decisions You Make About Your Case. Making informed decisions after a car accident is not easy, but it is important. We will give you the advice you need to feel confident as you move forward.
- We Will Do Everything We Can to Maximize Your Compensation. We are not satisfied unless our clients are satisfied. As a result, we will do everything we can to maximize your compensation. While this will often mean negotiating an insurance settlement, we will not hesitate to go to court if necessary.
What Are Your Legal Rights After a Car Accident in Sumter County?
As the victim of a car accident in Sumter County, it is important to know your legal rights. Asserting your legal rights is an important part of the recovery process, and you only get one chance to recover the financial compensation you deserve. Here are some of your key rights after a crash:
- You Have the Right to Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage. Florida law requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage. This is insurance coverage you can use to help cover your medical bills and lost wages after a collision. You are entitled to PIP coverage regardless of fault; but, unfortunately, many insurance companies still fight their policyholders’ PIP claims.
- You Have the Right to Pursue Additional Claims for a “Significant” or “Permanent” Injury. If you suffered a “significant” or “permanent” injury in your crash, you can seek additional fault-based insurance coverage. When another driver is responsible for your injuries, you have two possible options: (i) filing a claim under the at-fault driver’s bodily injury liability (BIL) policy, and/or (ii) filing a claim under your (or a family member’s) uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) policy.
- You Have the Right to Pursue Claims Against Other At-Fault Parties. If a vehicle defect, road defect, or other issue played a role in your crash, you may be entitled to file a claim against additional defendants. You may also have a claim against the other driver’s employer if he or she was working at the time of the collision.
- You Have the Right to Be Treated Fairly. Regardless of the claim(s) you are entitled to file, you have the right to be treated fairly. However, the reality is that you won’t be treated fairly unless you have an experienced Sumter County car accident attorney representing you.
- You Have the Right to Hire an Experienced Attorney. Fortunately, you have the right to hire an experienced attorney to handle all aspects of your case. From dealing with the insurance companies to helping you make informed decisions, you can rely on your attorney’s advice every step of the way.
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
When Do (and Don’t) You Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident in Sumter County?
So, you have the right to an attorney. But, do you need to hire an attorney to represent you?
In some cases, you won’t need an attorney. For example, if you weren’t injured and the damage to your vehicle is minimal, it probably makes sense to file an insurance claim on your own. But, if you were injured, there is a lot that Sumter County car accident lawyers will be able to do to help you; and, at the very least, it is worth scheduling a free consultation to make sure you know your next steps.
We recommend that you speak with a lawyer about your car accident in Sumter County if:
- You suffered injuries requiring medical treatment;
- You suffered injuries that forced you to miss work;
- Your vehicle suffered significant damage in the crash;
- Your losses are likely to exceed your PIP coverage; and/or
- You have questions or concerns about dealing with the insurance companies on your own.
What Will Happen When You Hire a Lawyer for Your Car Accident Claim?
When you hire a lawyer to represent you, there are several steps that your lawyer will take to help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, the steps our Sumter County car accident lawyers take to help our clients recover their losses include:
1. Giving You Personalized Legal Advice
During your free initial consultation, we will give you personalized legal advice based on the specific circumstances involved in your accident. We will explain what you need to do, what you need to avoid doing, and whether it makes sense to hire a lawyer to represent you.
2. Investigating the Cause(s) of Your Accident
After your free initial consultation, we will conduct a thorough investigation. The purpose of this investigation is to determine the cause (or causes) of your accident and identify the party (or parties) responsible. Once we have this information, we can then file all relevant claims on your behalf.
3. Collecting Evidence of Liability
Recovering financial compensation outside of PIP requires evidence of liability. In addition to gathering evidence at the scene of your accident, we may seek to obtain surveillance camera footage, phone records, and various other forms of evidence as well. The evidence we need in order to prove liability will depend on the specific cause (or causes) of your car accident.
4. Calculating Your Losses
Calculating your losses is a crucial step in the process of filing a successful claim. Our Sumter County car accident attorneys will use their experience to not only calculate your losses to date, but also to accurately estimate the losses you are likely to incur in the future. This includes financial losses such as medical bills and lost earnings, as well as non-financial losses such as emotional trauma, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life.
5. Fighting to Help You Secure Maximum Compensation
Finally, we will fight to help you secure maximum compensation. We will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf; and, if the insurance companies make a settlement offer, we will help you decide whether to accept.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Am I Guaranteed a Settlement if I Hire a Sumter Car Accident Attorney?
A settlement is never guaranteed. Even if you hire a team of experienced lawyers and legal professionals to represent you, the insurance companies might still decide not to handle your case in good faith. With that said, bad-faith insurance practices are relatively uncommon when accident victims have legal representation. While we cannot guarantee a settlement, what we can guarantee is that we will do everything we can to help you obtain a favorable settlement that allows you to move on with your life.
What Happens if the Insurance Companies Refuse to Settle?
If the insurance companies refuse to settle your car accident claim in Sumter County, we will take them to court. While we have resolved the substantial majority of our 20,000+ clients’ cases via settlement, our lawyers also have distinguished trial records. We do not hesitate to fight for our clients’ rights in court when necessary, and we will be fully prepared when your trial date arrives.
Get a Free Consultation with a Sumter County Car Accident Lawyer 24/7
If you have been injured in a car accident in Sumter County, we strongly encourage you to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. To speak with an experienced Sumter County car accident attorney at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk in confidence, call 866-984-9268 or tell us how we can reach you online now.