Justin W. Pimenta
Justin W. Pimenta
Injury Attorney & Board Certified Trial Lawyer
Justin Pimenta is a highly accomplished trial attorney who cares deeply for his clients and the practice of personal injury law. Justin has been recognized by numerous top attorney rating services including The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and Martindale Hubbell. He is twice board certified as an expert in civil trial law by the Florida Bar and The National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has resolved multiple seven-figure settlements on behalf of his clients and has been named a Lifetime Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Justin began his practice as a defense lawyer for one of the largest and most prestigious insurance defense law firms in the State of Florida. His experience representing large corporations and insurance companies has given him unique insights into how the other side may be evaluating a case. He has now been exclusively representing injured clients for the past fifteen years.
One of Justin’s proudest career accomplishments was achieving board certification in civil trial law by the Florida Bar on his first attempt. Only 1-2% of attorneys in Florida are board-certified. Certification involves a rigorous peer-review process where the attorneys you practice against, and the judges you practice in front of, are called upon to evaluate your skill and knowledge in the courtroom. Candidates are also asked to support their application by listing their experience and trial outcomes and then must pass an exhaustive written examination.
After achieving board certification, Justin was selected by the Florida Bar President to serve on the Civil Trial Law Board Certification Committee from 2019-2022. The committee is compromised of 12 board-certified trial lawyers who are responsible for writing and grading the tests that trial lawyers must take before becoming board certified. The committee also conducts the peer review and judicial review of all candidates for certification.
- Graduated with a dual Juris Doctorate (JD) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the Kogod School of Business from American University in Washington, D.C.
- Law school in Washington, D.C. and graduated with honors from American University Washington College of Law in 2001. Was the first student in school history to graduate from American University with both a JD and MBA in just a three-year period.
- Bachelor of Arts from American University, cum laude in 1999.
- Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 2014
- National Board of Trial Advocacy – Civil Trial since 2014
- Appointed by Florida Bar President to the Florida Bar Civil Trial Law Board Certification Committee for 2019-2022. Committee members are responsible for writing and grading the tests that trial lawyers must take before becoming board certified in civil trial. The Committee also conducts peer review and judicial review of all candidates for Board Certification in Civil Trial.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association and The Florida Bar in 2002
- Admitted to practice in the Northern, Southern, and Middle District of Florida Federal courts
- Member, Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI) – 2015-Present
- Florida Justice Association
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in Personal Injury Litigation in 2021 and 2022.
- In 2021 was selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers listing for Plaintiff’s Personal Injury. Super Lawyers Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
- In 2010, 2016, and 2017 was selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers: Rising Stars listing for Plaintiff’s Personal Injury.
- In 2015, attained an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell, a national law firm rating system. The “AV” rating is the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The “A” signifies legal ability to be “very high to preeminent.” The “V” represents “very high” ethical standards.
- In 2017-2021, was selected for inclusion in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 100” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2018 was admitted to lifetime membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and in 2019 was admitted to lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- Avvo nationwide attorney rating service score of “Superb” – 10.0 out of 10.0.
- In 2017-2021 was selected by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for inclusion in the “Top 10” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2013- 2016 was selected for inclusion in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2015 and 2016 was selected by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for inclusion in the “Top 10 Under 40” trial attorney’s group for the State of Florida.
- In 2015-2021 was selected for inclusion in Legal Leaders – Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers as published in the Tampa Tribune.
- In 2017 was selected for inclusion in Top Attorneys/Outstanding Young Lawyers in the Tampa Bay Area as published in Tampa Bay Magazine.
Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Completed the “National Session”, an advanced trial advocacy course presented by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) in Boulder, Colorado July 25-August 2, 2012.
- Completed the Florida Bar Trial Lawyer’s Section “Advanced Trial Advocacy” course at the University of Florida May 10-14, 2011.
Born in Milford, Connecticut on January 25, 1977. Justin has lived and studied in six countries, including Saitama, Japan; Madrid, Spain; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Haifa, Israel. He is an avid traveller and has travelled to over 125 countries and territories around the world.