Understanding the Florida Wrongful Death Statute
The sudden loss of a loved one from another’s carelessness can leave family members wondering how to find justice. A Florida wrongful death claim might be the answer. Under the Florida wrongful death act, the estate of the victim is granted the legal authority to initiate a lawsuit on behalf of the surviving family members. The personal representative has the ability to pursue a case against an individual whose actions, such as a wrongful act, negligence, default, breach of contract, or breach of warranty, resulted in the untimely death of the victim.
If you have lost a loved one, and you’d like to discuss your case with an experienced wrongful death attorney, we are ready to listen.
Call us to talk to an experienced Florida wrongful death attorney near you at one of our local offices listed below, or complete the short form to speak with an attorney from Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
What is a Florida Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is a legal action brought by the survivors of a person killed by the negligent, intentional, or reckless behavior of another person.
Money cannot bring a loved one back. However, the Florida wrongful death act can hold the defendant accountable and offer some comfort to grieving family members.
Deciding to file a wrongful death claim after the death of a loved one is a deeply personal choice. When you are ready to talk with a wrongful death attorney, our legal team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is here to help you pursue justice.
What Our Clients Have to Say About Our Personal Injury Work on Google
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
Florida Injury Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida