Florida Knee Injury Lawyer
Knee Injuries: What You Should Know
Knee injuries can be serious and can cause future health problems if not treated properly. Knee injuries can often result from the negligence of others such as in a car accident or a slip and fall. Florida car accident victims can suffer from knee injuries due to a sudden external force on the knee. Slip and fall victims can fall onto their knee or twist it and sustain serious injury.
No matter what the cause, knee injuries frequently take an extended period of time to heal and require rehabilitation for a person to get back on their feet. Because bearing weight can be quite difficult very often people who have suffered a serious knee injury are also unable to work or perform day-to-day tasks. This can lead to loss of income or wages and in some cases the need to pay a caregiver. If you have been in an accident due to someone else’s negligence and have ended up with a serious knee injury you need help to carry the financial burden that this injury can cause. Whether you were injured in a Tampa car accident, or in another way elsewhere in Florida, our personal injury law firm has years of experience helping residents from all over the state recover compensation through knee injury settlements to help cover their medical bills, loss of income, and other expenses.
Why Hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk As Your Florida Knee Injury Lawyers?
- We are a law firm with a reputation for excellence. That excellence has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report with a “Best Law Firm” rating, an A+ Rating with the BBB, and an “AV” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating.
- We’ve been around for over 30 years and have helped over 20k clients. When you hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to handle your Florida accident injury claim you can be confident that we’re not some fly-by-night operation. As car accident and injury lawyers, we’re deeply committed to the Tampa community.
- You don’t pay us unless we win. It costs you nothing to hire our Florida knee injury lawyers. We only take a fee if we successfully recover money for you. Our injury lawyers also offer free consultations. If you think you might have a claim, we are ready to tell you for sure.
- We’re frequently referred cases by other attorneys and by former clients. We consider it a great compliment that our colleagues in the legal profession, and our former clients, think highly enough of our Firm to refer us to their friends and family.
- We’ve earned hundreds of positive client reviews. Perhaps the best indicator of the quality of our services as accident lawyers is the kind words that our past clients have felt compelled to share. We encourage you to browse our reviews on Google, and to check out more written testimonials here.
- We are not afraid to take your case to trial. Many knee injury law firms in Florida want to settle your case as quickly as possible. While promptness is certainly a goal of ours, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if that’s what in your best interest. We encourage you to check out our history of jury verdicts and settlements here.
- We’ll fight the insurance company to give you the best chance at fair compensation. Insurance coverage in cases involving knee injuries can be incredibly complex. It’s not uncommon for clients to be unaware of their insurance coverage especially related to covering medical expenses. Likewise, it is not uncommon for insurance adjusters to not fully explain the different types of coverage available to injured victims. Our experience has been that we commonly obtain significantly more compensation for our clients than was initially offered by the insurance company.
Common Knee Injuries After Accidents
No knee injury is the same, and the effects of a knee injury can vary. Depending on the severity of your accident your knee injury could heal quickly or could be quite complicated requiring surgery and rehabilitation. Some common knee injuries include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury—involves a tear or sprain of one of the major ligaments in your knee. This type of injury can occur if you fall onto your knee. You may hear or feel a “pop” in your knee when you sustain an ACL injury. An ACL injury can result in severe pain, a loss of range of motion, and a feeling of instability with weight-bearing. Treatment typically involves rest or surgery and then long-term physical therapy to build back the strength and stability of the knee.
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury—involves a tear or sprain to another ligament in your knee. This injury, also known as dashboard knee, and frequently occurs when the driver or the passenger hits the dashboard in a car accident. Common symptoms include pain, swelling, and instability. In many cases, other structures of the knee are also damaged when you suffer a PCL injury. You can suffer long-term knee pain and instability as the result of a PCL injury and are at a higher risk of developing arthritis.
- Torn Meniscus—one of the most common knee injuries, a torn meniscus occurs when your knee is forcefully twisted or rotated. This type of injury is particularly common in Florida slip and fall cases. You typically feel a popping sensation and then pain and swelling. A torn meniscus can result in serious pain and locking or instability of the knee. Surgery may be required to repair the injury and a slow recovery is typical as the knee tissue repairs itself.
- Patellar Fracture (Broken Kneecap)—this is a serious injury to the small bone that sits in the front of your knee. It can make it nearly impossible to straighten your knee or walk. Patellar fractures usually require the use of a cast until the bone heals. However, more complicated fractures require surgery to stabilize the kneecap. Patellar fractures can be caused by falling directly on the knee or receiving a sharp blow to the knee which might occur during a head-on collision.
The consequences of a knee injury can vary depending on the circumstances of the injury and your physical condition. Some injuries heal with time, while others can trigger life-long issues. If you have been in a serious accident and suffered a knee injury it is important to reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer near you to discuss your case. They can help you determine what sort of compensation you will require to cover all of your medical expenses.
Metal-on-Metal Hip and Knee Implant Pain and Failure
Hip or knee replacement surgeries are quite common for people who have suffered an accident or who are dealing with deterioration of their joints over time. The surgical replacements can give people a much better range of mobility and movement but what happens when something goes wrong with the replacement implant?
Individuals suffering from the pain, trauma, and expense of flawed metal-on-metal hip implants may be entitled to legal compensation. The failure of several metal-on-metal joint implants produced by manufacturers including DePuy, Zimmer, Stryker, and others has resulted in complaints ranging from severe pain to further injury and the need for additional surgery.
Two metal-on-metal hip implants manufactured by DePuy have been linked with hip pain and other complications: DePuy ASR Hip Implants and DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implants. In response to a large number of reports concerning implant failure, DePuy ASR Hip Implants have been removed from the US market and are no longer used by the medical community. The failure of these implants, often within only a few years of surgery, has resulted in many patients requiring painful, expensive replacement operations. The DePuy Pinnace hip replacements are also associated with similar early failures due to flaws like those found in the DePuy ASR hips, resulting in another wave of personal injury lawsuits targeting the manufacturer.
Medical device manufacturer Stryker has also recalled a pair of its hip replacement devices: the Trident Acetabular PSL Cup and Trident Hemispherical Cup. In early 2005, complaints began surfacing from patients equipped with these implants due to uneven wear and faulty fittings resulting in pain and bone fracturing. By the beginning of 2008, Stryker had voluntarily pulled these products from market following warnings issued from the FDA to the manufacturer concerning these issues.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Zimmer Durom Cup Hip Replacements are another example of metal-on-metal hip implants that have been pulled from the market following complaints of a higher need for revision surgery and device failure. The Durom Cup was specifically designed for young, healthy patients who were expected to outlive the product life of most hip replacement products. From the implant’s introduction to market in 2006 until sales were suspended due to complaints of complications, this device was implanted in some 12,000 patients. Reports of post-implant problems involving revision or replacement surgery have been reported to occur in as much as 5.7% of implant procedures using this product.
If you or a loved one has suffered due to complications caused by the failure of these or other flawed metal-on-metal hip replacement devices, contact the personal injury attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today to request a free evaluation of your case. Call now at 1 (800) 753-5304 for your free case consultation.
Because of the fact that cases involving medical device failures and pharmaceutically caused injuries are highly complex and exceedingly specific, our law firm commonly works with other law firms that have considerable experience in each particular case type. Thus, we may be referring these types of cases to a separate firm, with whom we typically associate and work on a co-counsel basis. FREE CASE EVALUATION
Contact a Knee or Hip Injury Lawyer Near You Today
If you’ve sustained a knee injury due to someone’s negligence, or if you are dealing with a hip injury or defective replacement implant, it’s important to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side to pursue the compensation to which you are entitled. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we’ve been helping injured Floridians for over 30 years. Contact us online or call us at 1-866-314-4296 to set up your free consultation.
Read Reviews of Our Nearby Florida Personal Injury Law Office
And read more of our 309+ reviews on Google.