Car Accident Lawyers Near You in Lutz
Auto Accident Lawyers Serving the People of Lutz, FL
We love Lutz, Florida because of its naturally friendly population and its prime location in the unspoiled Florida wetlands. Fishing and boating in Lutz Lake or Lake Stemper are always attractive options, as is simply strolling through Lutz’s tranquil rural atmosphere with our friends and clients. Lutz is a beautiful, friendly, and safe place to be. Unfortunately, no location (no matter how safe) is completely free from accidents. It is particularly tragic, however, when an accident happens that was easily avoidable. Yet an intoxicated motorist, an incompetent doctor, a careless shop owner, or even a greedy manufacturer cutting corners for profit has the power to turn your life upside down in a moment when his or her actions cause a serious accident. Pain, shock, and confusion all compete for your attention in the first few days after a car accident, and then your attention may stray to secondary consequences such as financial distress from mounting medical bills. When this is the case it’s important to reach out to an experienced personal car accident attorney near you who will fight to win you the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Why Hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk As Your Lutz Car Accident Lawyer?
As experienced Hillsborough County car accident lawyers, we have helped countless car accident victims in Lutz recover just compensation for their accident-related losses. Here are just some of the reasons why local Florida residents have trusted Abrahamson & Uiterwyk for more than 30 years:
- We are Passionate about What We Do. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we are passionate about what we do. We care about helping our clients recover, and we do everything we can to make sure our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
- We Get Results for Our Clients. We have helped thousands of clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars in financial compensation. Our Lutz car accident injury lawyers fight for our clients—negotiating aggressively and going to court when necessary.
- We Don’t Charge Any Out-of-Pocket Fees or Costs. When you choose our firm, you won’t pay anything out of pocket. We will never send you a monthly legal bill, and we only get paid if we help you recover just compensation.
- You Can Get In Touch with Our Staff 24/7. As our client, you can get in touch with us 24/7. We will respond to your calls, texts, and emails promptly, and we will never leave you waiting and wondering what is going on with your case.
- You Can Rest Assured We Have Your Best Interests in Mind. We have been ranked a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News and World Report, and we have an A+ rating with the BBB. We truly have your best interests in mind, and you can feel confident knowing that you have decades of legal experience on your side.
- We’ll fight the insurance company to give you the best chance at fair compensation. Insurance coverage in motor vehicle cases is incredibly complex. It’s not uncommon for clients to be unaware of their insurance coverage. Likewise, it is not uncommon for insurance adjusters to not fully explain the different types of coverage available to injured victims. Our experience has been that we commonly obtain significantly more compensation for our clients than was initially offered by the insurance company. Here are some examples of some of our actual car accident cases:
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
Some of Our Auto Accident & Other Personal Injury Practice Areas in Lutz, FL
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk we handle a wide variety of personal injury cases for people in Lutz, FL. Below are examples of just some of the types of injury cases we will take on:
Car Accidents: Every day, car accidents on Florida roads kill eight people and injure 50 times as many. About a quarter of these are DUI-related, and many more are the result of other negligent activities like texting and driving. In other words, if you are injured in a Florida car accident, it is likely that the accident was somebody’s fault. If you were injured and that “somebody” is another driver, you should be entitled to compensation.
Truck Accidents: Truck accident cases sometimes have to be handled differently than ordinary automobile accidents, because the truck driver is often a commercial driver subject to hundreds of regulations. Violation of any one of these can trigger liability if it causes an accident.
Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are often hit or run off the road because drivers are not watching out for motorcycles, and because a motorcycle can easily “hide” in a driver’s blind spot. Combine this risk with a motorcycle rider’s complete lack of frame protection, and catastrophic injury is the all-too-common result.
Slip and Fall Accidents: A slip and fall accident that would be minor for a young person may result in broken bones and lengthy hospitalization for an elderly victim. When a slip and fall accident results from a property owner or renter’s failure to keep the premises safe for visitors, a personal injury claim is appropriate.
Medical Malpractice: At some point or another, we all depend on doctors more than we would like to have to depend on anyone. After all, doctors are prone to human error like the rest of us, no matter how high the stakes may be. When a doctor acts carelessly or incompetently, however, justice demands that the patient who suffered harm be fully compensated.
Dog Bites: Roughly 98 percent of dogs earn their designation as “man’s best friend.” The other two percent, however, can be aggressive and unpredictable at times. When a dog bites, Florida’s dog bite law holds the owner liable, even if he or she had no way of knowing in advance that the dog would act aggressively.
Nursing Home Abuse: Nursing home abuse comes in two forms: Acting in a way that harms the victim, and failing to properly care for the victim. Although most of Florida’s 700 nursing homes offer professional and compassionate care, with so many institutions, abuses are bound to occur from time to time.
We also handle a great deal more types of personal injury cases in Lutz including:
- bicycle accidents
- brain injuries
- product liability
- drunk driving accidents
- birth injuries
- construction accidents
- pedestrian accidents
If you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence whether the circumstances fall in the types of cases listed above or not we urge you to reach out to the experienced accident attorneys in Lutz at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
Common Injuries in a Car Accident
Car accidents, whether minor fender benders or traumatic crashes can lead to life-altering injuries if you are struck the wrong way, or already have an underlying health condition that could be exacerbated by a car accident. Some of the most typical auto accident-related injuries our Lutz car accident attorneys see include:
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES:
- Spine, Back and Neck Injuries (including whiplash)
- Disc Herniations/Bulges
- Shoulder and Knee Injuries
- Broken Bones & Fractures
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Amputation Injury
- Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement
- Severe cuts and Bruises
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you have been involved in a vehicle accident whether car, truck, motorcycle, or even pedestrian, and are now suffering from debilitating injuries don’t hesitate to contact the car wreck lawyers in Lutz at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
Lutz, FL Personal Injury FAQs
My child was injured due to someone else’s negligence. Can I handle the claim for him or her?
In Florida, if your child has been injured in a car accident or some other type of accident, the parents of a minor can settle a personal injury claim on behalf of the child if the gross settlement value (excluding amounts such as attorney’s fees) is less than $20,000. If the gross settlement value is $20,000 or more, the parents must obtain the court’s approval.
A minor under 18 cannot file a lawsuit in his or her own name. Normally, a parent can file a lawsuit on behalf of the minor. If no parent is available, if the parents are unfit, or if a parent is a defendant in the lawsuit, the court will appoint a guardian ad litem, often an attorney, to act on behalf of the child.
How long will it take to resolve my case?
Although every case is different, the average is somewhere between a year and a year and a half. Since the vast majority of car accident injury cases are settled out of court, your case may take longer if the defendant refuses to settle and you are forced to proceed with a lawsuit. A lot also depends on the duration of your medical treatment. It is difficult to determine how much money to ask for until you have reached the point of “maximum medical improvement,” which means that you have recovered as much as you are ever going to.
Should I sign a settlement agreement with the defendant’s insurance company?
Not without your lawyer’s approval. Insurance companies love to offer quick but paltry settlements in the hope that the victim, under financial pressure from outstanding medical bills, will jump at the opportunity for a quick settlement. Have your lawyer read over any proposed settlement agreement before you sign it. As a matter of fact, you shouldn’t sign anything that the insurance company asks you to sign without your lawyer’s approval, and neither should you give any recorded statement to the insurance company.
What is a letter of protection?
A letter of protection is a document that guarantees that if you win compensation, your healthcare provider will be paid out of that compensation. It is designed to forestall bill collection activity by your healthcare provider until you resolve your claim. This could be important in, for example, an auto accident in which your damages exceed your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Call Us for a Free Case Consultation in Lutz
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is highly respected among its peers and clients. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we are proud of its “AV” rating, the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell, a national law firm rating system. The “A” signifies that the firm’s legal ability is “very high to preeminent.” The “V” denotes that our firm observes “very high” ethical standards. Also, we are an accredited business of the Better Business Bureau.
We are confident enough to offer you this guarantee: If we don’t win, you don’t pay. You will owe us precisely nothing in legal fees or costs until and unless we bring home a verdict or settlement for you.
Call us today at 800-538-4878 or contact us online by email or live chat to set up a free evaluation of your claim. We can evaluate your case over the telephone or meet you at your home or office in Lutz. If you live or work in Lutz and you have a car accident claim, contact us day or night, and we will have a representative standing by to take your call.
Check out what our clients have to say about us:
“This law firm is absolutely amazing. I had a slip and fall accident and decided to use Abrahamson and Uiterwyk after doing some research and reading their excellent reviews and their receiving the highest rating from the Better Business Bureau. Everyone is highly qualified and helpful through the process. From my initial phone call, to the resolution of my case, everyone was kind, helpful, patient, and responsive. I highly recommend them and I will call them in the future if the need ever arises. I am grateful for the settlement they were able to negotiate for me. Thank you Abrahamson and Uiterwyk!”
~ Melissa Brown
Rating 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
And read more of our 300+ positive reviews on Google.
Lutz, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Lutz, FL personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers