Boat Accident Lawyers in Florida
Florida has over 1,350 miles of beautiful coastline and 11,000 miles of rivers, tributaries and other waterways ideally suited for boating, sailing, Jet Ski riding, and various recreational activities. However, accompanying these abundant natural resources is the sobering reality of Florida having the highest number of deaths resulting from boating accidents in the United States during the past five years.
The U.S. Coast Guard reports that from 2003 to 2007, there were 3,364 boating accidents in Florida that claimed the lives of 351 people. Of those accidents in 2007 which resulted in fatality, 75% involved operators who had never taken a boating safety course. The law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has over 100 years of combined legal experience working exclusively in personal injury law and a reputation for providing detailed case analysis and aggressive representation on behalf of our clients in the pursuit of justice.
Under Florida law the operator of a boat and its owner must exercise the highest degree of caution in order to prevent injuries to passengers in the boat, swimmers in the water or any surrounding vessels. The leading causes of boating accidents are:
- Operator inattention
- Careless/Reckless operation
- Passenger/skier behavior
- Excessive speed
- Alcohol Use
- No proper lookout
- Operator inexperience
- Equipment failure
How Our Boating Accident Attorneys can Help
The types of boating accidents that occur most frequently are collisions with other vessels or fixed objects, skier mishaps, falling overboard, and capsizing. The legal rights applicable to your claim will vary depending upon certain factors such as your categorical relationship to the vessel (as a social guest, employee, bystander, etc.) as well as the literal events surrounding the incident that could have feasibly had an impact on the outcome.
It is crucial to receive legal advice that can guide you seamlessly through the complexity of maritime law to ensure that the maximum amount of damages available for your case will be retrieved.
Our law firm has represented over tens of thousands of people injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured in a boating accident in Florida, please contact the lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today. We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingent fee basis, which means there are no fees or costs unless we win. For assistance call us toll-free at 1-800-538-4878.
Florida Injury Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida