Florida Car Accident Lawyer
There is a lot to unpack when you find yourself in need of a Florida Car Accident Lawyer. Among the immediate logistics of medical care, getting your car fixed or replaced, and dealing with time off work for recovery or other appointments – finding a lawyer to assist with negotiations between you and the insurance companies involved is a key factor in a favorable outcome.
The team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has attorneys across the Tampa Bay area ready to review your case and offer advice. Find a highly experienced local Florida car accident attorney at one of our offices across the bay area:
- Tampa Car Injury Lawyers
- Lakeland Car Injury Lawyers
- Clearwater Car Injury Lawyers
- St. Petersburg Car Injury Lawyers
- New Port Richey Car Injury Lawyers
- Palm Harbor Car Injury Lawyers
- Sarasota Car Accident Lawyers
- Spring Hill Car Injury Lawyers
- Pinellas Park Car Injury Lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country Car Injury Lawyers
- Brandon FL Car Injury Lawyers
- Hardee County Car Injury Lawyers
Our team is here to help – reach out to any of our offices above or give us a call at (866) 934-3104 today
Florida drivers experience around 400,000 auto accidents a year.
With all those crashes, one or more drivers are at fault. Florida is a no-fault state, meaning a driver’s insurance must pay for their injuries regardless of fault. However, even in a no-fault state, the driver who caused the accident can still face a lawsuit.
Should I Get an Attorney After a Car Accident?
It’s a common question: You just had a car accident and you’re wondering “Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?”
The simple answer is, it depends. There are many types of car accidents where a lawyer will not be needed as they are pretty straightforward, minor, and without any significant injuries or property damage. In these cases our team of expert Florida car accident lawyers would likely suggest that legal counsel is not necessary, however, there are always extenuating circumstances so what works for one case may not work for another. The best thing to do after you’ve been in a car accident in Florida and you’re unsure if hiring a lawyer would be the right call is to contact us. We are more than happy to discuss your case with you and to give you the best advice for your situation, even if that advice is not to pursue legal action, and the consultation is completely free so there’s really nothing to lose
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident Settlement?
If you have been involved in a car accident in Florida where you or a loved one has been injured and there is going to be some sort of settlement involved from an insurance company you need to understand that a Florida driver’s legally mandated personal injury insurance only covers 80% of their medical costs and 60% of lost wages. The personal injury insurance caps benefits at $10,000 for medical and disability benefits and up to $5,000 for wrongful death.
Because medical bills and lost wages from a car accident usually exceed those limits, the injured party is likely to sue. The driver responsible for the accident (or their insurance company) should pay for the injuries they caused. By hiring an auto wreck lawyer when seeking a car accident settlement or a multiple injury settlement, you greatly increases your chances that the compensation payout will be more, thus being an amount that will actually cover your medical bills.
This is just a small portion of the complicated amount of information you need to know, understand, and utilize to ensure your car accident settlement is adequate to your present and future needs. If you have experienced a car accident, we absolutely think you should get a Florida car accident lawyer to help with your case. Even if you have been injured while a passenger in a rideshare accident, such as an Uber or Lyft, contact one of our Uber accident settlement lawyers. Over the past 30 years, our car accident attorneys have represented over 20,000 injured victims and won millions of dollars of compensation. Learn more about our recent car accident passenger settlements.
Actual Car Accident Cases We Have Helped Florida Clients with
When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident in Florida
You’ve just been in a car accident, do you need a lawyer? As we mentioned before a car accident attorney is not always needed when you’ve been involved in an accident, so when is it needed? There are many reasons why you would want to contact a car accident lawyer near you about retaining their services and pursuing a personal injury claim. After your accident, you should ask yourself these six questions to help you decide if contacting a lawyer is the right decision:
- Am I or a loved one injured? It is very important to seek medical attention after you’ve been involved in a car accident, even a minor one, since injuries like whiplash, sciatica, or back injuries can sometimes take days or even weeks to show up. Neglecting to seek medical attention could lead to more serious injuries such as herniated discs.
- Did I lose time at my job as a result of this accident? Loss of wages is a very real part of being involved in a car accident. If you are injured an unable to work your employment prospects could be negatively impacted.
- Was there significant property damage? Even if you don’t end up seriously injured after a car accident your vehicle and the belongings inside of it could be completely destroyed and insurance is not always able to provide the amount necessary to replace these items.
- Has your car accident insurance claim been denied? Insurance companies thrive on loopholes, if they can find a way to keep from paying they will and this includes car accidents.
- Was the insurance settlement to small to cover all expenses? As mentioned above, there are cap amounts on how much an insurance company is required to pay after a car accident. Very often those amounts don’t cover the full cost of expenses incurred after the accident especially if you are dealing with serious injuries such as a fractured sternum.
- Was it a hit-and-run accident? Hit-and-run car accidents can make it feel like there is no one to hold accountable. You need a hit-and-run accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you answered yes to any of these questions it’s time to contact an experienced car accident attorney in your area. They will be able to advise you on the best way to proceed and help prepare a strong case for why you deserve more significant compensation after your accident. And since we work on a contingency fee basis you don’t need to worry about paying upfront. We only get paid if you win.
It is important to note as far as a timeframe for when to get an attorney after a car accident in Florida goes, the sooner the better. There is a statute of limitations for personal injury claims in the state of Florida and once that has run out it isn’t possible to pursue legal action. You typically have 2 years to submit a claim which is why it is important to reach out to a qualified car wreck as soon as you can after your accident to get things moving. Our team of aggressive personal injury lawyers in Florida are here to fight for you. Gain insight into the average compensation for hip injury by taking a closer look at some of our cases.
Client Reviews for our Car Accident Attorneys
What Our Clients Say:
Learn the Common Reasons Why a Florida Car Accident Lawyer Might Not Be Able to Take Your Case.
Car accident lawyers can’t take every client. Here are the most common reasons why a Florida car accident attorney may not be able to take your case:
Actual Car Accident victim that was represented by Abrahamson & Uiterwyk
Call Us to Discuss Your Florida Car Accident Injury
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you owe it to yourself to find excellent legal representation. We’ve helped thousands of clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars over the past 30 years. Read some of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk reviews from dozens of our satisfied clients.
We can’t represent everyone, but we help everyone we can. Contact us for a free consultation. We’ll review your case and let you know if we can give you the legal representation you deserve. If you’ve experienced an injury in an Uber accident, contact one of our Florida Uber accident lawyers today. Or if you have suffered injuries due to a left-turn accident, do not hesitate to contact a Florida left-turn accident lawyer near you at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
Read more on When Can Kids Sit in the Front Seat in Florida.
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
Florida Injury Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
The Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Attorneys and Injury Law Team
“A system of hiring an attorney on an hourly basis rewards inefficiency, creates delays and commonly creates negative issues between the lawyer and the client. Representing clients on a contingency basis in which the law firm earns a percentage of the settlement, however, is much more rewarding for the client and the injury attorneys.”
Client Services Manager
Kelly Anne Kelly
As a Client Services Manager, Kelly’s focus is to enhance client satisfaction by continuously looking for ways to fulfill clients’ needs and concerns.