Actos Side Effects: Actos Products Linked to Bladder Cancer
If you are a victim of Actos side effects such as the development of bladder cancer, you may be entitled to compensation. The attorneys of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk are assisting Actos bladder cancer victims.
Actos is the brand name of Pioglitazon, a drug used in coordination with in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Pioglitazon functions by making the body’s metabolism more sensitive to insulin, resulting in greater stability of blood sugar levels.
The FDA recently issued a health warning regarding the increased risk of developing bladder cancer associated with the use of Actos to treat diabetes. This announcement follows a review by the administration of an interim study of the drug by Takeda Pharmaceuticals. While an increased bladder cancer risk was not found amongst all patients who had been administered Actos over the course of the study, those who had been prescribed Actos the longest did present an increased risk of developing bladder cancer.
In response to the discovery of this new data, FDA officials have announced that warnings of this risk will now be included in the patients medical guide as well as the Actos drug label. Additionally, the FDA recommends that Actos no longer be administered to patients who have had bladder cancer or a family history of bladder cancer.
Get a Free Consultation for Your Case
If you or a loved one has developed bladder cancer after taking Actos, it is imperative that you act now to ensure that you receive adequate legal representation. Our Actos personal injury attorneys can provide you with a free evaluation of your case.
Call 866-496-1875 for a free case evaluation today
Because of the fact that cases involving medical device failures and pharmaceutically caused injuries are highly complex and exceedingly specific, our law firm commonly works with other law firms who have considerable experience in each particular case type. Thus, we may be referring these types of cases to a separate firm, with whom we typically associate and work with on a co-counsel basis.
Florida Injury Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida