Florida Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Near You
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you need an experienced Florida pedestrian accident lawyer on your side. You may have suffered substantial losses – which may be continuing to grow – and in order to fully recover from those losses, you are going to need to secure fair compensation. This means dealing with the driver’s insurance company. But, rather than helping you recover, the insurance company’s goal is to make sure it pays you as little as possible.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we can help. Our Florida pedestrian accident lawyers have been representing accident victims throughout Florida for more than 30 years. Our team of 10+ lawyers have over a century of legal experience and a track record that includes helping more than 20,000 clients receive financial compensation. In order to protect your rights after a pedestrian accident, you need to act quickly. To get started with a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us today at 866-651-0234.
What Are My Rights After a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
From crossing the street downtown to jogging in your own neighborhood, pedestrian accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. With more and more drivers talking and texting behind the wheel, distracted driving presents a major risk for pedestrians. When a driver is not paying attention – whether due to a distraction or simple inattentiveness – they can cause a life-changing accident in the blink of an eye.
But, you already know this all too well.
As the victim of a pedestrian accident in Florida, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation for your losses. All drivers owe a legal duty to exercise reasonable care on the roads, and they owe this duty to pedestrians just the same as they owe it to other drivers. If the driver who hit you was to blame, or even partially to blame, in the accident, we can help you stand up for your legal rights.
|Initial Settlement Offer
|The A&U Difference
Client Reviews for our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
Types of Florida Pedestrian Accident Cases We Most Often Handle
Pedestrian accidents can be quite tragic and sometimes deadly. Pedestrians being struck by cars is a significant risk. Pedestrians are sometimes struck while on the sidewalk, but many times are struck in crosswalks or when crossing the road. Pedestrians are struck from other drivers’ inattention but also sadly sometimes struck from negligent actions on the part of the pedestrian, sometimes involving alcohol. The risk to pedestrians is magnified at night time when their visibility is limited. And tragically often pedestrian accidents involve children darting into traffic, or not looking before crossing the road. Pedestrian accidents can also occur around theme parks like Florida Universal Studios due to a combination of factors in which case our theme park lawyers would be happy to assist.
How the Florida Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Can Help You
Securing just compensation after a pedestrian injury is not easy. Aside from the general hassle of dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, there are investigations, evaluations, and analyses that need to be performed – all while developing a case strategy designed to maximize your financial recovery. Individuals who deal with the insurance companies on their own rarely (if ever) collect the full compensation to which they are legally entitled, and this means that they end up paying for someone else’s mistake for years to come.
If you are like most accident victims:
- You do not know the full extent of your losses, and you are not familiar with the wide variety of compensable “damages” that exist under Florida law.
- You are not familiar with the tactics that insurance companies use to minimize accident victims’ compensation.
- You do not have the legal experience necessary to take your case to court if the insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve.
The insurance companies handle accident cases on a daily basis. They have policies, processes, and procedures in place that are designed to make sure you recover as little as possible. They know that most accident victims don’t know their rights
Full-Service Representation for Pedestrian Accident Victims in FL
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we will handle your entire claim on your behalf. We know what it is like to be in your situation, and we also know how important it is that you recover as much compensation as possible. Each one of our 10+ attorneys and 40+ professional staff members is devoted to helping accident victims fight to recover their losses.
- Initial Consultation – Your case starts with a free, no-obligation consultation. During your consultation, you will speak with one of our experienced legal professionals who will answer your questions, explain your options, and begin gathering the information we need in order to assess your claim for compensation.
- Dealing with the Insurance Company for You – From the moment when you choose to work with us, you will be done dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. We will let the adjuster know that it is time for them to deal with us, and that we will be handling all communications on your behalf.
- Investigation – Next, we will investigate the accident. It is important that we have the opportunity to conduct the investigation as soon as possible, so we encourage you to contact us right away. During the investigation, we will seek to collect evidence that we can use to prove that the driver who hit you was to blame.
- Filing Your Claim – Once we have enough evidence to suggest that you may be entitled to compensation, we will file your claim on your behalf. You only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim under Florida law, and as long as you contact us in time, we will make sure to file your claim before the “statute of limitations” expires.
- Negotiating with the Insurance Company – Most accident cases get resolved through negotiations with the insurance companies. We will use your statements, your medical records, and the evidence we uncovered during our investigation to seek to convince the insurance company to settle for maximum value.
- Keeping You Informed – We will be in close contact with you throughout the process. If we receive a settlement offer from the insurance company, we will help you make an informed decision about whether to accept, push for more, or take your case to trial.
What You Can Do Now to Protect Your Rights
Following a pedestrian accident, there are a number of important steps that you should try to take to help preserve your claim for maximum compensation. After your accident, you should:
- Seek prompt medical attention. Right now, protecting your health needs to be your top priority. If you haven’t done so already, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Tell him or her what happened, and explain your symptoms with as much detail as possible so that your doctor can provide a thorough diagnosis. Even if you are only experiencing mild back or neck pain, seek prompt medical attention.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. While it may seem like your doctor is being overly cautious, for purposes of protecting your health and your claim for compensation, it is important that you follow your doctor’s advice.
- Avoid talking about the accident. At this point, you should not discuss the accident with anyone other than your pedestrian accident attorney. Try to stay off of social media, and be sure not to give a recorded statement to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Seek experienced legal representation. Finally, you will want to speak with a pedestrian injuries lawyer right away. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we are available 24/7. To get answers to your questions and learn more about what you need to do to protect your rights, contact us today.
Contact the Florida Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, or need more information from a Florida pedestrian accident lawyer, contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk online or call 866-651-0234 to schedule a free case consultation.
Florida Injury Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida