Florida Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
Nursing home residents are among our most vulnerable citizens. Ensuring their quality care, and seeking justice when standards are not met, is an imperative for our laywers.
If you have a loved one who has experienced neglect or abuse while a resident in a Florida nursing home or rehabilitation facility – our experienced lawyers are on standby to help you seek justice and compensation on their behalf.
5 Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
We trust that our elderly family members who require daily assistance will be well taken care of in a nursing home. Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned. It can be hard to accept the possibility that someone you love has been mistreated in a nursing home, even when there are signs. If your loved one is in a nursing home, it is very important to be aware of the warning signs of abuse and neglect.
DEPRESSION OR EMOTIONAL WITHDRAWAL
If your loved one is reluctant to speak, distant from friends and family, and seems less interested in activities, it may be a sign that he or she is being neglected or abused. In addition, a loved one might seem fearful of staff members if they are being abused.
PHYSICAL INJURIES THAT ARE UNEXPLAINED
Unexplained bruising, fractures, or head injuries could be signs that something is wrong. While an occasional fall is to be expected in a nursing home, the nursing home has a duty to take the necessary steps to prevent injury and provide your loved one with a safe living environment. Failing to provide a resident with the required assistance to get around a facility could be neglect. In addition, some unexplained injuries could be the result of physical abuse by a staff member.
Bedsores and skin breakdown are typically preventable with proper care. Nursing home staff have the duty to turn and reposition residents throughout the day to ensure that they do not remain stationary long enough to develop skin breakdown.
POOR PERSONAL HYGIENE
Assistance with daily living skills and hygiene is one of the most important services a nursing home provides. If your loved one has overgrown nails, is wearing dirty clothes, and just seems to be unclean, it could be a sign that he or she is not getting the care necessary to maintain their personal hygiene.
DEHYDRATION OR WEIGHT LOSS
If it seems that your loved one is losing a dramatic amount of weight, this may be a sign that they are not receiving proper nutrition. While some weight loss in the elderly is to be expected, a noticeable amount of weight loss could also be a sign that the staff is not adequately feeding or monitoring the diet of your loved one. Sometimes depriving a nursing home resident of food can be a sign of abuse as well.
CONTACT A TRUSTED PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
If you believe your loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, you should have an experienced personal injury attorney evaluate your case. Contact the trusted lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk online or call us at 1-800-538-4878 to schedule your free consultation.
What Our Clients Have to Say About Our Personal Injury Work on Google
Dana Hoffman our lawyer kept us informed at all times. We cannot say enough about all of the staff we spoke to! We would highly recommend this law firm to everyone! They truly care!April 2021
Florida Injury Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida