St. Petersburg Car Accident Lawyer Near You
What should you do after you are involved in a car accident in or near St. Petersburg?
This is a question that many people have. Unfortunately, however, it is also one that too many Floridians fail to ask until the accident actually occurs.
After an accident, there are certain steps that you should always take. Once you’ve taken necessary action on your end, it might be time to contact a St. Petersburg accident lawyer to help you move forward.
Hiring a St. Petersburg accident lawyer can seem like a large step, but it is an important one to take. And while there are many lawyers that will want to take on your case, let us tell you why we think we are the best choice for you:
- We have been helping clients recover for over 30 years, and we are ready to fight to do the same for you;
- Our team has recovered over $800 million for injury victims throughout the state of Florida;
- We’ve received countless positive reviews from former clients who have been happy with the quality of services and results they have received; and
- You will never pay us fees or costs unless and until we win your case.
Even if you’re not ready to make a decision on hiring an accident attorney at this point, it’s still important to know what steps to take in the event an accident ever occurs in your life.
Read on for some useful information on how to navigate the aftermath of an auto accident in St. Petersburg.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Steps to Take Immediately After Your St. Petersburg Car Accident
The aftermath of a car accident can be a traumatic and stressful experience. In fact, it can often feel like a blur.
However, it is imperative that you take certain actions to ensure the safety of yourself and your passengers and improve your chances of recovery moving forward.
Stop and Check for Injuries
After a car accident, move your vehicle to a safe location as soon as practicable and check for any injuries to yourself or others in your vehicle.
Regardless of how minor you think your accident may be, you should always verify that nobody has sustained any serious injuries that need immediate attention.
Call the Police
Once you are out of harm’s way, contact the authorities. Regardless of whether there are any serious injuries, calling the police to the scene is highly recommended. In fact, in some cases, doing so might be necessary.
When the police respond to the scene of an accident, they will prepare a formal accident report. This can be great evidence moving forward for your car accident case.
Accordingly, make sure to get the name of the officer making the report so that you can more easily obtain a copy later.
Collect Evidence at the Scene
Frequently, some of the best evidence for your St. Petersburg car wreck case will be right there at the scene of the accident. If you are physically able, gather as much information as you can that might be useful.
Examples of evidence that you might be able to collect immediately after your accident include:
- Contact and insurance information of any other involved parties;
- Statements from any eyewitnesses to the accident; and
- Photographs of the accident scene, the other party’s license plate, any property damage, and any injuries.
By gathering this information as early as possible, you will reduce any risk of not being able to obtain it later on.
More often than not, the success of your car accident claim will come down to whether you have evidence to prove your case.
The more documentation and information you have, the better chance you will have at a successful claim.
Seek Medical Attention
If you or a passenger has sustained critical injuries, you will likely require an ambulance for immediate transportation.
However, even if the injuries are less severe, you should always seek medical diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible.
This is important so that you have verifiable proof as to whether any injuries exist. Your potential compensation in a car accident case will often come down to what injuries you can prove.
Recoverable damages in a car accident case include compensation for:
- Ambulance costs,
- Emergency room visits,
- Hospital stays,
- Future doctor’s office visits,
- Prescription medications, and
- Rehabilitation services.
However, without actually taking the step to seek medical attention, you may be unable to get the compensation you need to recover.
Additionally, some injuries, such as brain injuries and internal injuries, may not be visible, or they may not present themselves immediately.
Thus, it is imperative that you get a diagnosis from a medical professional to ensure that no injuries exist.
Contact A St. Petersburg Car Accident Lawyer Near You Today
Once you’ve taken the above steps, the next thing to do is to contact an experienced St. Petersburg auto wreck attorney. While doing so is rarely necessary, it is always recommended.
The benefits of hiring an attorney to help with your case cannot be overstated. A car accident attorney can help by:
- Gathering relevant evidence;
- Connecting you with medical professionals;
- Negotiating with insurance companies and opposing parties; and
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary.
Put simply, an experienced St. Petersburg car accident attorney can help fight for your rights and work toward maximizing your recovery.
If you have questions about your car accident case and how to move forward, don’t wait.
The attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk have over three decades of experience helping accident victims get the compensation they need to recover, and we want to do the same for you.
Read Our Client Reviews From Our St. Petersburg Law Office
My first car accident ever and I didn’t know what to do. A friend recommended this law firm to me and I called immediately. From the first time they picked up the phone they reassured me they were in my corner. They explained everything and set me up to receive medical treatment. They kept in constant contact with me and I never felt left in the dark. Seriously, this law firm is top notch! I would recommend them to anyone a million times. I appreciate you guys so much!~ Jennifer McCarrick
Rating 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
And read more of our 73+ reviews on Google.
What Should I Do If I Was Injured in a Collision with a Drunk Driver?
If you have been injured in a drunk driving crash, you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Your damages may include medical expenses, hospital bills, lost income due to time away from work, physical pain, emotional distress, and long-term suffering or disability. In the event of death, close family members may also be entitled to compensation for their loss. By following the steps below, you can help protect yourself after a drunk driving car collision.
- Get to safety. Your immediate safety should be your top priority.
- Check on the safety of everyone else involved in the collision.
- Call 911 and report the crash. Also ask for medical help if needed.
- Quickly record your version of the events for later reference.
- Don’t make any statements that might sound like you’re admitting fault.
- Remain present at the site of the collision until police have finished their report.
As soon as possible after completing these six steps, you should contact a St. Petersburg auto accident injury attorney. The sooner you have an experienced attorney on your side, the sooner you can begin protecting yourself against the tactics of the insurance company on the other side.
Car Accident Injury Cases in St Petersburg, FL That We’ve Handled
Our St Petersburg car accident injury law firm deep ties to Pinellas County. A large number of our car crash injury clients live right here in Pinellas County, FL. Below, you’ll find photos of just some of the people we’ve represented for auto accident injuries near St Petersburg, Florida.
Car Crash Statistics in St. Petersburg / Pinellas County FL
A car collision is the most likely way for the average American to suffer a serious injury, and the situation is no different for folks in St. Petersburg and Pinellas County. The statistics below were pulled from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website, and they highlight just how prevalent causing accidents are in St. Petersburg:
Breaking down the numbers further, we see that, in 2018 in Pinellas County, there were:
- 4,985 hit-and-run accidents which resulted in 984 injuries and 10 deaths
- 502 pedestrian crashes which resulted in 37 deaths
- 503 motorcycle crashes which resulted in 27 deaths
- 622 bicycle crashes which resulted in 7 deaths
When you’re looking for a St Petersburg auto accident attorney near me, we’re here to help.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
St. Petersburg, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced St. Pete personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury lawyers in St. Pete
- Car accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Slip & fall lawyers in St. Pete
- Truck accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Bicycle accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in St. Pete
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in St. Pete
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Directions to Our St. Petersburg, FL Office
Service Area for Car Wreck Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL car accident lawyers
- Brandon, FL car accident lawyers
- Clearwater, FL car accident lawyers
- Lakeland, FL car accident lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL car accident lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL car accident lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL car accident lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL car accident lawyers
- Sarasota, FL car accident lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL car accident lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL car accident lawyers
- …and more (see all our office locations here)