Pinellas County, FL Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Pinellas County, you need to be careful to protect yourself. You need to make sure you get the medical treatment you need, and you need to do everything you can to make sure you receive the financial compensation you deserve. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. To make sure the insurance companies don’t take advantage of you, you need an experienced Pinellas County car accident lawyer near you on your side.
Our Pinellas County car accident lawyers have decades of experience helping car accident victims recover. If you’ve been injured in an accident, we can help, but it is important that you contact us as soon as possible.
Here is what you can expect when you choose the team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to represent you:
- A Commitment to Your Recovery – When you choose our firm to represent you, we will do everything we can to help you recover as much as you can as quickly as you can. We are committed to doing everything we can to help our clients achieve the best outcomes possible.
- Representation Backed By Decades of Results – We have been successfully representing car accident victims in Pinellas County for more than 30 years—and we have the results to prove it. We rely on this experience to strategically seek maximum compensation for our clients.
- No Out-of-Pocket Costs or Fees – As our client, you will never be asked to pay any out-of-pocket fees or costs. If you don’t win, you owe us nothing.
- Award-Winning Client Service – We have been named a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News and World Report. We also have an A+ rating with the BBB, and we have received numerous testimonials from our satisfied clients.
- 24/7 Accessibility – As a client of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, you have access to our team 24/7. We are here for you when you need us, and we want to make sure you have all of your questions answered.
- WE’LL FIGHT THE INSURANCE COMPANY TO GIVE YOU THE BEST CHANCE AT FAIR COMPENSATION. Insurance coverage in motor vehicle cases is incredibly complex. It’s not uncommon for clients to be unaware of their insurance coverage. Likewise, it is not uncommon for insurance adjusters to not fully explain the different types of coverage available to injured victims. Our experience has been that we commonly obtain significantly more compensation for our clients than was initially offered by the insurance company. Here are some examples of some of our actual car accident cases:
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
5 Important Reasons to Contact a Pinellas County Car Accident Attorney
People get injured in car accidents every day, and every day people choose to handle their insurance claims without hiring an attorney. This is a mistake. There are several important reasons to hire a Pinellas County car accident attorney near you, including:
1. You Need to Avoid Falling for the Insurance Companies’ Tactics
Despite what they say, the insurance companies are not on your side. When you file a claim with an auto insurance company, its only goal is to pay you as little as possible.
To make sure it pays you as little as possible, the insurance company may deploy several different tactics. For example, it might try to get you to admit fault in the accident (while you are on a phone call that is being recorded). Or, it might offer you a quick settlement hoping that you will accept before you realize the true costs of your injuries. When you have an experienced Pinellas County car accident attorney on your side, your attorney can help make sure you do not unknowingly put your claim at risk.
2. You Need to Know Which Claim(s) to File
While you must file a personal injury protection (PIP) claim with your auto insurance company under Florida’s “no fault” insurance law, this may not be your only option. PIP coverage limits are relatively low, and your PIP policy will not cover all of your losses if you have been seriously injured. If you have one (or more) of the following claims, a Pinellas County car accident attorney can help you seek additional compensation:
- Bodily injury liability (BIL) insurance claim
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) insurance claim
- Product liability claim for a vehicle defect
- A “third-party” claim against the other driver’s employer, a government agency, or another party
3. You Need to Know How Much You are Entitled to Recover
Regardless of which claim(s) you can file, you need to know how much you are entitled to recover. The insurance companies will not calculate your losses for you, and any settlement they offer will almost certainly be for just a fraction of the compensation you deserve.
An experienced Pinellas County car accident lawyer will be able to accurately calculate your losses and negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf. A fair settlement will include just compensation for your current and future losses.
4. You Need to Know When (and if) to Settle
Any amount an insurance company offers you can seem like a lot of money. As a result, it can be tempting to settle and move on with your life. But, the reality is that if you settle for too little, you may never truly be able to move on from your collision.
When you hire an attorney to represent you, your attorney will help you make informed decisions about settlement. This includes not only deciding what amount you are willing to accept, but also deciding when you need to stand up for your rights at trial. If you accept a settlement that does not fairly compensate you for your losses, you could suffer the consequences for years to come.
5. You Need to Show that You are Prepared to Go to Court
If you are like most people, the last thing you want to do is take your car accident insurance claim to court. The insurance companies know this; and, if you don’t hire a lawyer, they will use it to your advantage.
When you hire a lawyer to represent you, it shows that you are prepared to go to court if necessary. It doesn’t mean that you will go to court (the vast majority of our clients’ claims settle), but it lets the insurance companies know that you are prepared to fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Pinellas County?
With all of this in mind, what should you do after a car accident in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, or elsewhere in Pinellas County? As soon after your car accident as possible, you should:
- See a doctor. If you didn’t go straight to the hospital after your car accident, it will be important for you to see a doctor right away. We can help you decide where to go.
- Talk to a lawyer. One of the most important steps you can take after a car accident is to talk to a lawyer. This costs you nothing, and you can get advice over the phone 24/7.
You also need to report the accident to your insurance company. But, if you haven’t done this already, we recommend that you talk to a lawyer first. This way, you can make sure you avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your recovery.
What if My Insurance Company Determines I was At Fault in My Car Accident?
When it comes to PIP insurance, fault isn’t an issue (with a few very narrow exceptions). So, even if you were at fault, you should still be able to collect under your PIP policy.
If you have a claim outside of PIP, then fault is a factor. However, you should not accept the insurance company’s determination. Remember, the insurance company has its best interests in mind, not yours. You should hire a Pinellas County car accident attorney to conduct an investigation, determine who was really at fault, and seek just compensation on your behalf.
When Can I File a Claim Outside of PIP?
In addition to proof of fault, filing a claim outside of PIP also requires proof of a “significant” or “permanent” injury. If your medical bills and lost wages exceed your PIP coverage (as will often be the case), your injuries may qualify. You should speak with a Pinellas County car accident lawyer promptly to find out if you can file a claim outside of PIP.
How Much Can I Recover for My Car Accident?
The amount you can recover for your car accident depends on the unique facts of your case. For a free, no-obligation assessment of your legal rights, contact us today.
Talk to a Pinellas County Car Accident Attorney for Free 24/7
Do you need help recovering from a car accident? If so, we encourage you to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our Pinellas County car accident attorneys here at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk are available 24/7, so call (800) 538-4878 or tell us how we can reach you online now. With office locations including St. Petersburg, Clearwater, and Palm Harbor we handle car accidents throughout Pinellas County. Contact us today if you are looking for an experienced:
- St Petersburg Car Accident Lawyer
- Clearwater Car Accident Lawyer
- Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyer
- Pinellas Park Car Accident Lawyer
- Largo Car Accident Lawyer
- and anywhere else in Pinellas County or nearby
Reviews from Our Pinellas County Auto Accident Clients
“Abrahamson & Uiterwyk handled my case with the utmost professionalism.”
“There was constant communication and interaction. All questions were answered promptly and efficiently. The outcome was in my favor and I thank them for that. I hope that I never had a need for a Lawyer again, but if I do I will certainly use Abrahamson & Uiterwyk for my representation. I recommend you give them a try.” – Sharon V. ★★★★★
“My experience with Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has been extremely positive.”
Every person in this firm that I’ve had contact with has been so kind, patient and helpful. I was treated with compassion and every question or concern I had was answered promptly and fully. I believe they acted in my best interest on every level and I am truly grateful. Thank you sincerely. – Robyn L. ★★★★★
“The best lawyers in the Tampa Bay area!!!”
“My father used them first and had a great experience as well. I couldn’t have asked for better communication with the paralegal, she kept me updated with my case throughout the entire process, which can be overwhelming at times. Also they settled my case very very fast. I would highly recommend this firm to anybody needing a personal injury lawyer.” – Eric C. ★★★★★