Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyer
When you get injured in a collision, there are lots of reasons to get help from a Palm Harbor car accident lawyer, but you need to make a smart decision about who you hire to help you. So, how do you choose?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a lawyer to help you after a car accident. Here are just some of the reasons why accident victims and families in Palm Harbor trust Abrahamson & Uiterwyk:
- We Have Been Successfully Representing Car Accident Victims in Florida for Over 30 Years. Our firm has more than three decades of experience handling car accident cases in Palm Harbor and throughout Florida. We know what is at stake in your case, and we know what it takes to win.
- We Have Helped Over 20,000 Individuals and Families Recover Their Losses. Some lawyers boast about representing hundreds or thousands of clients. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our car wreck lawyers have helped more than 20,000 clients recover just compensation.
- We Don’t Charge Anything Unless We Win. Our Palm Harbor car accident lawyers provide legal representation at no out-of-pocket fees or costs to our clients. Your initial consultation is free, you will never receive a monthly legal bill, and you won’t have to pay anything unless we help you recover your losses.
- We Get Many of Our Cases Through Referrals and Reviews. Many personal injury law firms rely heavily on online advertising to get new clients. We are proud that many of our clients find us through referrals—including referrals from other law firms—or from reading reviews posted by others who we have helped in the past.
- We Are Prepared to Do Whatever It Takes to Win Your Case. When you choose Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, you can feel confident knowing that our lawyers will do everything they can to recover the compensation you deserve. We don’t settle for less, and we don’t hesitate to go to court when necessary.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
When Can You Seek Financial Compensation for a Car Accident in Palm Harbor?
In Florida, you can seek financial compensation after any car accident. This is because Florida is a “no fault” auto insurance state. Under Florida law, all drivers must carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, and insurance companies must provide PIP coverage regardless of who (or what) causes a collision.
But, in many cases, PIP coverage won’t be enough. In cases involving significant and permanent injuries, car accident victims in Palm Harbor can seek additional fault-based compensation. Some examples of situations in which injured drivers, passengers, and their families can seek fault-based compensation include:
- The Other Driver was Distracted. Distracted driving is among the most-common causes of car accidents—especially in high-traffic areas like Palm Harbor. If the driver who hit you was navigating, texting, or talking on the phone, his or her insurance company should have to cover your losses.
- The Other Driver was Drunk or Under the Influence of Narcotics. Auto insurance also covers accidents caused by drivers who are drunk or under the influence of narcotics. Regardless of whether the driver who hit you got a ticket, you may have a very strong case for just compensation.
- The Other Driver Was Being Reckless or Driving Aggressively. Reckless driving and aggressive driving are common factors in Palm Harbor car accidents. This includes dangerous behaviors such as running red lights and stop signs, tailgating, speeding, and weaving through traffic.
- The Other Driver Made a Careless Mistake. Even if the other driver wasn’t intentionally being dangerous, his or her insurance company could still be liable for your losses. Inadvertent driving errors are particularly common in accidents involving teens and elderly drivers, but drivers of all ages can (and do) make mistakes that put others in harm’s way.
- An Issue with the Road or a Vehicle is to Blame. Driving mistakes aren’t the only factors that can lead to serious collisions. If an issue with the road, your car, or the other driver’s car is to blame for your injuries, our Palm Harbor car accident lawyers can fight to recover just compensation on your behalf.
How Does Auto Insurance Work After a Car Accident in Palm Harbor?
Under Florida’s “no-fault” auto insurance law, your first option after a car accident in Palm Harbor is to seek coverage under your PIP policy. However, most people only have $10,000 in PIP coverage; and, while this might sound like a lot, it can go very quickly after a serious collision.
As a result, you might find yourself in a situation where you need to seek auto insurance coverage outside of PIP. If you do, you will need an experienced Palm Harbor car accident attorney on your side.
Why? Because seeking coverage outside of PIP requires proof that someone else was at fault in the collision. The insurance companies are not on your side, and they are not going to take your word. You also need to prove how much you are entitled to recover—and this means proving not only your future medical needs, but also your future loss of income, your pain and suffering, and your other “non-financial” losses.
In many cases, our auto wreck attorneys have been able to secure six-figure, seven-figure, and even eight-figure settlements and verdicts for our clients. Your losses could be far greater than you think, and you owe it to yourself to find out how much you are entitled to recover.
What Do You Need to Do to Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident in Palm Harbor?
In order to protect your right to just compensation after a car accident in Palm Harbor, there are some steps you should try to take right away. Here’s what our Palm Harbor car accident attorneys recommend:
1. See a Doctor
It is extremely important that you see a doctor as soon as possible after a car accident. If you haven’t seen a doctor already, you should call 911 if you need emergency treatment or contact us so that we can give you a referral.
2. Take Notes
Write down everything you can remember from the crash. Taking notes now will help ensure that you don’t forget anything as you start to move on. Be sure to include a copy of your accident report with your notes.
3. Talk to a Lawyer
After a car accident, there is no substitute for personalized legal advice. To give yourself the best chance of recovering maximum compensation as quickly as possible, you should talk to a lawyer today.
Palm Harbor / Pinellas County Car Accident Statistics
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Palm Harbor, you are not alone. In fact, there are tens of thousands of car accidents in Pinellas County including Palm Harbor each year. We have helped many Palm Harbor residents and visitors recover just compensation—and we can help you, too—as long as you contact us in time.
Here are some notable statistics on car accidents in Palm Harbor / Pinellas County from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV):
- Each year, there are more than 17,000 car accidents in Pinellas County. These accidents result in an average of around 10,500 injuries and 115 fatalities.
- Alcohol and drugs play a role in about one out of every 50 car accidents in Pinellas County. However, these accidents account for nearly one out of every four car accident fatalities.
- Nearly 10 percent of all car accidents in Pinellas County involve commercial vehicles. When the driver of a commercial vehicle causes a crash, his or her employer will usually be liable for the victims’ injuries.
Unfortunately, far too many car accident victims fail to seek help. Don’t let your car accident impact your life any more than necessary. Contact us today so that our Palm Harbor car wreck lawyers can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Read Our Client Reviews From Our Palm Harbor Law Office Near You
And read more of our 15+ Palm Harbor office reviews on Google.
FAQs: Recovering Your Losses After a Car Accident in Palm Harbor
Should I File a Claim with My Insurance Company After a Car Accident in Palm Harbor?
Yes, you will need to file a claim with your insurance company. However, you need to be very careful when doing so, and we strongly encourage you to contact us before you call your insurer.
What if the Insurance Companies Contact Me After I Report My Crash?
If the insurance companies contact you, you should tell them that they need to contact your lawyer. You are not required to say anything—and anything you do say will be used against you.
How Much Can I Expect to Recover if I Hire a Car Wreck Lawyer?
The amount you can expect to recover for your car accident depends entirely on the unique facts of your case. This includes everything from who was at fault (including whether you were partially at fault) to the severity of your injuries, and from the cost of your long-term medical needs to the dollar value of your pain and suffering. As your law firm, we will conduct a detailed analysis of the costs of your accident to ensure that we are seeking maximum compensation on your behalf.
Get a Free Consultation about Your Palm Harbor Car Accident
Are you entitled to financial compensation for your car accident in Palm Harbor? Find out today by contacting one of our experienced Pinellas County car accident lawyers. Call (800) 538-4878 or contact us online now for a free, no-obligation consultation.
How to Get Your Palm Harbor Accident Report from the Pinellas County Sheriff
To get your Palm Harbor accident report, you need to visit the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office online or in person. On the website, you can order and download your Palm Harbor accident report as a PDF file. Keep in mind that the website only has accident records going back one year.
Depending on the nature of the Palm Harbor injury accident, the sheriff’s office may take anywhere from a few days to several weeks to put the record in the database. If you cannot find your online Palm Harbor accident report two weeks after your crash, call the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Records Division at 727-582-6281.
There are also two Records Division locations you can visit to pick up your accident report.
Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Central District
10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office North District
496 Bayshore Boulevard
Dunedin, FL 34698
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Palm Harbor Accident Report Fees
The first ten pages of the accident report are free. After the first ten pages, the sheriff’s office charges:
- $0.15 per one-sided copy;
- $0.20 per double-sided copy; and
- $1.00 per certified copy.
Any accidents requiring extra research or audio will have additional fees.
Examples of Recent Major Accidents in Palm Harbor Florida
Accidents can happen anywhere, and sometimes they are serious. Here are two examples of deadly crashes that happened in Palm Harbor recently.
Palm Harbor Crash Kills One, Injures Two
On October 18, 2019, a fatal crash took place outside the Shoppes at Cloverplace in Palm Harbor.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, at around 11:30am, Stephanie Ann Tunender, 43, was driving west on Tampa Road when she veered into the median and ended up in the eastbound lanes. She crashed head-on into Suzanne Cosper, 52, causing the vehicle to spin and hit the van of 75-year-old Elza England.
Tunender was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. She was not wearing her seatbelt. Emergency services took the other two victims to Mease Countryside Hospital and Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.
Three People Killed in Pinellas County Car Crash Involving Stolen Vehicle
On August 6, 2017, three boys died after crashing a stolen vehicle they took for a joyride. Deyon Kaigler, 16, and his friend Kamal Campbell, 18, were racing their friends in a stolen Chrysler Sebring.
The other group of friends, identified as Jimmie Goshey, 14; Dejarae Thomas, 16; Keontae Brown, 16; and Keondrae Brown, 14 were driving a stolen Ford Explorer from the same dealership.
At around 4:40am, the Ford Explorer and the Chrysler Sebring were playing a game of “cat and mouse”, driving at more than 100 mph down Tampa Road in Palm Harbor. Investigators stated that both vehicles ran a red light and hit a Toyota Camry driven by Ricky Melendez Jr., 29, who was on his way to work.
The Ford Explorer flipped several times, while the Chrysler Sebring fled the scene. Three of the four occupants of the Ford Explorer died on the scene. According to the Tampa Bay Times, police later found the teens driving the Chrysler Sebring and arrested them.
The driver of the Camry suffered several injuries but eventually recovered.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Palm Harbor, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Palm Harbor personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury lawyers in Palm Harbor
- Car accident lawyers in Palm Harbor
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Palm Harbor
- Slip & fall lawyers in Palm Harbor
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Directions to Our Palm Harbor, FL Office
Service Area for Car Wreck Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL car accident lawyers
- Brandon, FL car accident lawyers
- Clearwater, FL car accident lawyers
- Lakeland, FL car accident lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL car accident lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL car accident lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL car accident lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL car accident lawyers
- Sarasota, FL car accident lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL car accident lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL car accident lawyers
- …and more (see all our office locations here)