Hire an Experienced Hernando County Personal Injury Attorney
Recovering from a car accident requires patience and commitment. Getting better takes time, and you need to follow your doctor’s advice until you get better. It also requires persistence and an in-depth understanding of Florida law. The insurance companies won’t make your life easy; and, to protect yourself, it is best to have an experienced Hernando County car accident lawyer on your side.
5 Reasons to Choose Our Hernando County Car Accident Lawyers
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our lawyers have been helping car accident victims in Hernando County for more than 30 years. If you have been injured in a collision, we can help you too. Here are five reasons why we believe you should choose our firm for your case:
- We Have a Reputation for Excellence Amongst Our Clients and Peers. Our Hernando County car accident attorneys are well-known for their dedication to pursuing just compensation for their clients. We have an “AV” Peer Reviewed Rating with Martindale-Hubbell and an A+ Rating with the BBB, and we have received numerous testimonials from our satisfied clients.
- We Don’t Charge Any Fees or Costs Unless We Win. With us, you can be certain that you will not be asked to pay any fees or costs unless we win your case. If we win, we will recoup our costs from your settlement or verdict, and our fees will be calculated as a percentage of your award. No win, no fee.
- You Will Get To Know Your Attorney and Our Legal Team. We are passionate about getting to know our clients and providing personalized legal representation. Throughout your case, you will work one-on-one with your attorney and dedicated members of our legal team.
- You Will Feel Confident in the Decisions You Make About Your Case. Making informed decisions after a car accident is not easy, but it is important. We will give you the advice you need to feel confident as you move forward.
- We Will Do Everything We Can to Maximize Your Compensation. We are not satisfied unless our clients are satisfied. As a result, we will do everything we can to maximize your compensation. While this will often mean negotiating an insurance settlement, we will not hesitate to go to court if necessary.
What are Your Rights After a Hernando County Car Accident?
As the victim of an auto accident in Hernando County, it is important to know your legal rights. Asserting your legal rights is an important part of the recovery process, and you only get one chance to recover the financial compensation you deserve. Here are some of your key rights after a crash:
- You Have the Right to Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage. Florida law requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage. This is insurance coverage you can use to help cover your medical bills and lost wages after a collision. You are entitled to PIP coverage regardless of fault; but, unfortunately, many insurance companies still fight their policyholders’ PIP claims.
- You Have the Right to Pursue Additional Claims for a “Significant” or “Permanent” Injury. If you suffered a “significant” or “permanent” injury in your crash, you can seek additional fault-based insurance coverage. When another driver is responsible for your injuries, you have two possible options: (i) filing a claim under the at-fault driver’s bodily injury liability (BIL) policy, and/or (ii) filing a claim under your (or a family member’s) uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) policy.
- You Have the Right to Pursue Claims Against Other At-Fault Parties. If a vehicle defect, road defect, or other issue played a role in your crash, you may be entitled to file a claim against additional defendants. You may also have a claim against the other driver’s employer if he or she was working at the time of the collision.
- You Have the Right to Be Treated Fairly. Regardless of the claim(s) you are entitled to file, you have the right to be treated fairly. However, the reality is that you won’t be treated fairly unless you have an experienced Hernando County car accident attorney representing you.
- You Have the Right to Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney. Fortunately, you have the right to hire an experienced attorney to handle all aspects of your case. From dealing with insurance companies to helping you make informed decisions, you can rely on your attorney’s advice every step of the way.
Recent Hernando County Car Accident Settlement Examples
$280,000/Car Accident/Hernando County
Our client is an owner/operator of a motorsports company in Spring Hill, Florida. Unfortunately, while riding his motorcycle in Hernando County, the defendant, who was heading in the opposite direction, attempted to make a left turn directly into the path of our client. This resulted in a serious collision with our client being ejected from his motorcycle. The defendant was found to be at fault and was cited by Florida Highway Patrol.
Our client was rushed to the hospital where it was determined that he had sustained numerous broken bones, including in his back and pelvis. These injuries involved extensive treatment and rehabilitation although no surgery was required. Our client missed an extended period of work as well due to his injuries.
In this case, we filed suit early because Florida was passing a new law that would have a negative effect on the rights of injured people. By filing the lawsuit before the new law was enacted, we protected our client’s rights under the existing Florida law. We then send a detailed settlement package to the defendant’s insurance company demanding that they tender their policy limits of $250,000.00 to our client by a date certain. Fortunately, after receiving our package, the company was convinced to tender its full limit to our client. We were also able to secure payment of our client’s uninsured motorist coverage in the amount of $30,000.00 for a total settlement of $280,000.00.
The A&U Difference
The representation of a top-tier injury law firm can make all the difference. We have successfully assisted numerous clients in various injury cases, enabling them to receive the maximum compensation they deserve. In the table below, you can see a comparison between the initial settlement offers made by insurance companies and the actual final compensation achieved through our relentless advocacy on behalf of our clients.
|Initial Settlement Offer
|The A&U Difference
Do You Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident in Hernando County?
So, you have the right to an attorney. But, do you need to hire an attorney to represent you?
In some cases, you won’t need an attorney. For example, if you weren’t injured and the damage to your vehicle is minimal, it probably makes sense to file an insurance claim on your own. But, if you were injured, there is a lot that a Hernando County, FL car accident lawyer will be able to do to help you; and, at the very least, it is worth scheduling a free consultation to make sure you know your next steps.
We recommend that you speak with a lawyer about your car accident in Hernando County if:
- You suffered injuries requiring medical treatment;
- You suffered injuries that forced you to miss work;
- Your vehicle suffered significant damage in the crash;
- Your losses are likely to exceed your PIP coverage; and/or
- You have questions or concerns about dealing with the insurance companies on your own.
Next Steps After You Hire a Lawyer for You Car Accident Claim
When you hire a lawyer to represent you, there are several steps that your lawyer will take to help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, the steps our Hernando County car accident attorneys take to help our clients recover their losses include:
- Giving You Personalized Legal Advice
During your free initial consultation, we will give you personalized legal advice based on the specific circumstances involved in your accident. We will explain what you need to do, what you need to avoid doing, and whether it makes sense to hire a lawyer to represent you.
- Investigating the Cause(s) of Your Accident
After your free initial consultation, we will conduct a thorough investigation. The purpose of this investigation is to determine the cause (or causes) of your accident and identify the party (or parties) responsible. Once we have this information, we can then file all relevant claims on your behalf.
- Collecting Evidence of Liability
Recovering financial compensation outside of PIP requires evidence of liability. In addition to gathering evidence at the scene of your accident, we may seek to obtain surveillance camera footage, phone records, and various other forms of evidence as well. The evidence we need to prove liability will depend on the specific cause (or causes) of your car accident.
- Calculating Your Losses
Calculating your losses is a crucial step in the process of filing a successful claim. Our Hernando County car accident attorneys will use their experience to not only calculate your losses to date but also to accurately estimate the losses you are likely to incur in the future. This includes financial losses such as medical bills and lost earnings, as well as non-financial losses such as emotional trauma, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Fighting to Help You Secure Maximum Compensation
Finally, we will fight to help you secure maximum compensation. We will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf; and, if the insurance companies make a settlement offer, we will help you decide whether to accept.
If I Hire a Car Accident Attorney Near Me am I Guaranteed a Settlement?
A settlement is never guaranteed. Even if you hire a team of experienced lawyers and legal professionals to represent you, the insurance companies might still decide not to handle your case in good faith. With that said bad-faith insurance practices are relatively uncommon when accident victims have legal representation. While we cannot guarantee a settlement, what we can guarantee is that we will do everything we can to help you obtain a favorable settlement that allows you to move on with your life. Contact one of our nearby Hernando car accident attorneys today!
Learn more about Recent Car Accident Settlements
What if the Insurance Company Refuses to Settle?
If the insurance companies refuse to settle your car accident claim in Hernando County, we will take them to court. While we have resolved the substantial majority of our 20,000+ clients’ cases via settlement, our lawyers also have distinguished trial records. We do not hesitate to fight for our client’s rights in court when necessary, and we will be fully prepared when your trial date arrives.
Contact a Hernando County Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident in Hernando County and would like to speak with a Hernando County personal injury lawyer contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk online or call (800) 538-4878 to schedule a free consultation. We have over 30 years of experience helping car accident victims and have resolved 20,000+ cases.