Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an attorney after my car accident?
After you’ve been involved in an accident that was caused by someone’s negligence, you may wonder whether you need to hire a Tampa Bay personal injury lawyer. Dealing with insurance companies can be complicated and frustrating. Insurance companies are not thinking about what’s in your best interest. If you’re in pain and dealing with various medical bills, you want someone on your side to handle the various insurance rules, deadlines, and requirements. Our personal injury lawyer can deal with the insurance company and let you focus on attempting to heal from your injuries.
Why should I hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk?
You should hire the Tampa Bay personal injury lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk for a number of reasons including:
- Our No Fee Guarantee: We don’t get paid unless you get paid. You incur absolutely no fees or costs unless you win a settlement.
- 20,000+ represented: We have helped over 20,000 clients pursue compensation for injuries resulting from someone’s negligence.
- Over 30 years of experience: We’ve been helping Floridians injured by negligence for over 30 years. Our team of 10 attorneys and 40 legal staff have a wealth of experience helping the injured.
- Injury cases: Our firm focuses solely on personal injury cases such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and slip and falls.
- Prompt & Aggressive: We don’t represent insurance companies. With our prompt and aggressive representation, we push insurance companies to settle claims quickly and fairly.
- Hundreds of 5-Star Google Reviews: Our past clients have put their trust in us and have posted hundreds of 5-star Google reviews.
- “Best Law Firm” Rating: We are honored to have received the first-tier “Best Law Firm” rating with U.S. News and World Report.
- Highest Ratings: We’re proud of our AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, a national law firm rating system. This is the highest rating and indicates that our legal ability is “very high to preeminent,” and our firm observes “very high” ethical standards. We are also an accredited business of the Better Business Bureau.
- Convenience: If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you. Whether it’s in your home or in the hospital, we’re happy to meet you where it is convenient for you.
- Free, No Obligation Consultation: We can evaluate your case immediately over the phone.
Should I talk to the insurance company?
If the insurance company contact you about your accident, you are not required to talk to them. Remember that anything you say to the insurance company may be used against you later. They will likely want to record your statement. In addition, they will want you to sign medical releases and injury settlement documents. The insurance company is not on your side. Don’t accept any settlement offers until you’ve consulted with your lawyer. If you hire the Tampa Bay personal injury lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we can talk to the insurance company for you.
What if I was hit by someone with no insurance?
All hope is not lost if you were hit by someone without car insurance or with not enough insurance. You may have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and not even be aware of it. There are also other avenues of compensation our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue.
What if I can’t afford a lawyer?
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk we have a No Fee Guarantee. This means that you pay nothing up front and we take a percentage of the settlement you recover. You won’t be charged a penny unless we win or settle your case.
What kind of compensation may I be entitled to?
Negligence and car accident victims can pursue compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Hospital stays
- Loss of future earnings
- Emotional distress
Is there a time limit for filing a lawsuit?
Under Florida law, there is a strict deadline for a filing a lawsuit in a negligence case. It is important that you act quickly. Many things need to be done prior to filing a lawsuit, so it is important to contact our Tampa Bay personal injury attorneys as soon as possible after your accident.
The experienced and trusted personal injury lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk are here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation, and we’ll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.