How to Prepare for Your Personal Injury ConsultationTrusted Content
Legally reviewed by:Erik Abrahamson, J.D. October 19, 2018
In Florida, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, offer free consultations to prospective clients. During this consultation, we will review the details and circumstances of your injury and determine whether we believe you have a viable case to pursue compensation. Being adequately prepared for this consultation can be helpful and make the process more efficient.
Bring Questions to Ask the Attorney
Before the consultation, spend some time thinking about questions you may have regarding the process. Some helpful questions may be:
- Do you think I have a viable case?
- Approximately how long will my case take to resolve?
- Does the attorney foresee any issues with the case?
- What can I do to assist with my case?
- Who will be my contact person, and how often can I expect to be updated?
Gather Any Evidence
It may be difficult to think clearly immediately after an accident, but it can be helpful to your case if you try to remain calm and collect evidence if you can. The attorney may like to see:
- Photographs of the scene where the injury occurred
- Photographs of any vehicles involved in a car accident
- Contact information for any eyewitnesses to the incident
- Any communications between you and any of the witnesses or parties involved in the incident.
Documentation can play an important role in a favorable outcome in your case. These documents may be important:
- Police reports or accident reports
- Any medical bills
- A copy of your medical insurance policy
- A copy of your car insurance policy
- A copy of your homeowner’s insurance policy
- Any emails between you and anyone at any insurance company
- Car repair estimates
- Pay stubs to show lost wages (if applicable)
If you think of any other documents that may be relevant to your injury claim, bring those with you to the consultation as well.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured due to someone’s negligence, you should have an experienced personal injury attorney evaluate your case. Contact the trusted lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk online or call us at 1-855-293-5630 to schedule your free consultation.