Study Recommends New Auto Safety Devices for Older DriversTrusted Content
Legally reviewed by:Erik Abrahamson, J.D. October 09, 2012
A new study released by MIT and the Hartford Financial Services Group has revealed several advances in automotive safety technology that may be of particular interest to seniors. Drivers in our area may find some of the devices listed below to be helpful in avoiding a car accident.
- Voice Command Technology: Hands-free access to various car features that allows drives to keep their attention on the road.
- Emergency Response: Allows drivers who have been injured or are experiencing a medical emergency to request assistance from within their vehicle.
- Lane Departure Warnings: An advanced warning system that monitors a vehicle’s position and alerts drivers if their vehicle wanders.
- Blind Spot Warnings: Informs drivers with a limited range of motion of objects in their blind spot while parking or changing lanes with this new warning system.
- Smart Headlights: Reduces glare and maintain night vision by adjusting the brightness of the light based on a vehicle’s proximity to other traffic.
- Parking Assistance Systems: Provides parking assistance by warning drivers of obstacles or parking automatically.
Unfortunately, even the safest drivers in our area may find themselves in need of a Tampa car accident attorney after being seriously injured in an auto accident through no fault of their own.
Let Us Put Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys to Work for You!
If you’ve been seriously injured in an automotive accident due to another person’s negligence, please contact the experienced Tampa personal injury lawyers of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today at 1-855-293-5630.