Polk County Car Accident Attorney
If you have recently been involved in a car accident in Polk County and find yourself in need of legal representation, look no further than Abrahamson & Uiterwyk. Our team of seasoned professionals is dedicated to providing exceptional assistance to clients in Polk County and its neighboring areas, backed by decades of experience protecting the rights of injured victims. Rest assured, we are here to support you in your time of need.
Should I Hire An Attorney After A Car Accident In Florida?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Polk County, it is crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced car accident lawyer who will pursue the maximum compensation possible. Even seemingly minor accidents can escalate in severity once the initial adrenaline wears off and the true extent of damage is evaluated by professionals such as mechanics or body shop experts.
According to the 2022 statistics from the Florida Highway Safety & Motor Vehicle Dashboard, Polk County witnessed a staggering 6,247 automobile crashes, with 2,874 resulting in injuries and 66 tragic fatalities. Insurance companies, whose primary objective is to minimize payouts, often put up a strong fight to offer the bare minimum in terms of settlements or awards. Challenging these insurance giants on your own can be a daunting task.
We strongly recommend hiring an experienced attorney who will zealously work to take on these large insurance companies. It’s a common misconception that your insurance company is “on your side” as an accident victim. In reality, any insurance company is primarily focused on their own interests and aims to avoid cutting you a substantial check. This is an undeniable fact.
It is important to remember that immediately after an accident, you may feel fine due to the surge of adrenaline. However, delayed pain and symptoms can emerge even a week or more later. Therefore, it would be unwise to assume that you won’t need to file a claim or that the guidance of an attorney isn’t necessary following a car accident in Polk County.
We often tend to overlook the inherent dangers of automobiles and the serious implications of car crashes, considering that most of us drive or ride in motor vehicles daily. To safeguard your rights and pursue fair compensation, consulting a dedicated car accident lawyer who understands the complexities of such cases is essential.
Common Injuries Sustained In Polk County Car Accidents
Car accidents in Polk County frequently give rise to a range of injuries commonly observed in such incidents. These injuries encompass:
- Head Injuries – Car accidents can result in a spectrum of head injuries, from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). The impact of the accident can cause significant injury to the head and brain.
- Neck Injuries – Rear-end collisions often lead to whiplash, a common neck injury caused by the sudden jerking motion of the head. Whiplash can cause pain, stiffness, and limited mobility.
- Spinal Injuries – The impact of car accidents can cause various spinal injuries, including broken vertebrae, ruptured discs, or even paralysis due to a severed spinal column. These injuries can have long-lasting effects on a person’s mobility and overall quality of life.
- Organ Damage – Crush injuries or impact injuries from rollovers can result in harm to internal organs, such as the kidneys, lungs, and other vital organs. These injuries can have severe long-term implications for an individual’s health.
- Broken bones and fractures – The force of a collision can lead to fractures and broken bones in different parts of the body, including the arms, fingers, legs, and ribs. Airbag impact or damage to the steering column often contributes to these injuries.
- Joint Injuries – Car crashes can leave fingers, ankles, and knees particularly vulnerable. The sudden impact can cause sprains, strains, dislocations, or even fractures in these joints.
- Facial Scarring – Flying glass from shattered windshields can cause facial scarring, resulting in lacerations and permanent disfigurement.
- Amputations – Severe limb damage during an accident or injuries affecting tissue and veins may necessitate amputations. The loss of a limb has profound physical and emotional consequences for the individual.
- Eye Injuries – Car accidents can inflict eye injuries due to flying glass, airbag residue, or debris. These injuries can range from temporary irritation to partial or complete vision loss.
- Muscle Injuries – Torn or stretched muscles in the back, shoulders, and other parts of the body can cause chronic pain that may persist for years after the accident.
- Nerve Damage – Car accidents can lead to nerve damage, resulting in long-lasting pain that is often challenging to treat effectively.
- Permanent Hearing Loss – The force and noise generated by airbag deployment during accidents can cause pressure and noise injuries, leading to permanent hearing loss in approximately 17% of car occupants. Temporary hearing impact or ringing in the ears is more common but typically resolves over time.
These examples highlight the common injuries individuals may experience as a consequence of car accidents in Polk County. It underscores the importance of seeking prompt medical attention and obtaining legal representation through a Polk County, FL auto accident lawyer to address these injuries and pursue fair compensation for the resulting damages.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Polk County
Car accidents are a common occurrence on the roads of Polk County, Florida, with various factors contributing to their frequency. Some of the most prevalent causes include:
- Drinking and driving
- Rear-end accidents
- Distracted driving
- Adverse weather or road conditions
- Head-on collisions
Among these causes, rear-end collisions stand out as particularly common in Polk County, often resulting from behaviors like:
- Distracted driving
- Excessive speed
Dealing with the aftermath of a rear-end accident can be challenging, especially because whiplash symptoms, such as neck and back pain, may not manifest immediately and can take days or even weeks to develop. Unfortunately, insurance companies and adjusters often dispute the validity of such injuries, claiming they are not real or present due to the individual variation in symptom onset and manifestation.
Given these circumstances, it is crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced Polk County car accident lawyer in Florida following an accident. Our dedicated team can provide invaluable support in record-keeping, evidence collection, negotiations with insurance adjusters and companies, and all other aspects of the legal process. By entrusting them with your case, they ensure that your rights are protected and work diligently to seek the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Contact A Polk County, FL Auto Accident Lawyer Near You
If you find yourself involved in a car accident in Polk County, Florida, it is of utmost importance to seek the assistance of a reputable Polk County, FL auto accident lawyer in your area. The aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, and navigating the legal process alone can be a daunting task. By reaching out to an experienced Polk County car accident lawyer, at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, online or by calling 866-482-1634, you can receive the necessary guidance and support to protect your rights and pursue fair compensation for your injuries and damages. An experienced attorney will carefully evaluate your case, gather crucial evidence, handle communication with insurance companies, and aggressively negotiate on your behalf, ensuring that your best interests are fully represented. Do not hesitate to contact a car accident lawyer in Polk County who can provide you with the legal experience and advocacy you require during this challenging time.