Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyers Near You
How a Clearwater Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With Your Case
Are you considering speaking with a Clearwater injury attorney? If you’ve suffered a personal injury, consulting with a lawyer is the best way to protect your interests and your future. Whether you’re seeking assistance from a Clearwater car accident attorney, Clearwater nursing home abuse lawyer, or anything in between, we can help.
Here are a few reasons to call Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Personal Injury Lawyers in Florida:
- We’ve practiced in Clearwater for over 30 years. The sad truth is that there are more than a few personal injury law firms that pretend to be located in Clearwater, when in reality they aren’t. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk our roots run deep. We’re proud to have helped generations of injured folks in Clearwater get their life back on track.
- It costs you $0 up-front to retain our legal services. Like some personal injury lawyers in Clearwater, we do not require an up-front fee. Rather, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that our fee is determined by how much money we recover for you, not how much time we spend on your case. We collect our fees after we’ve finished the job, not up-front.
- We have earned a reputation for professional excellence. Whether it’s our A+ Rating with the BBB, our “Best Law Firm” rating by U.S. News and World Report, our “AV Preeminent” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, or hundreds of positive of Google reviews, we have earned a reputation for professional excellence in the area of personal injury law.
With over 30 years of experience, our Florida personal injury law firm has represented over 20,000 personal injury victims and we have recovered over $800 million dollars in financial compensation for our injured clients. If you’ve been injured, we invite you to contact our firm today for a free and immediate case evaluation.
How Our Experience Can Make a Big Difference in Our Clients’ Compensation
Hiring our experienced and resourceful injury attorneys can make all the difference in the amount of compensation injured victims in Clearwater or Pinellas County, Florida receive after a personal injury. All too often, we see firsthand how insurance companies use various tactics to take advantage of unrepresented injured victims who do not know their rights and the complexities of the law. Our highly experienced injury attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk will strategically and aggressively fight through extensive legal negotiation and potential litigation to obtain our clients’ fair and just compensation. Below are examples of actual injury case negotiations and case results for some of our Clearwater clients. The chart illustrates the insurance company’s initial offer, as well as the ultimate case result that we obtained.
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Clearwater
We focus our practice exclusively on the areas of personal injury and wrongful death representation. By limiting our practice to these areas, we are able to focus 100 percent of our efforts on finding new and better ways to seek maximum compensation for our injured clients. We have been handling personal injury claims in Florida for over 30 years. Below we’ve listed the most common personal injury cases that we see in Clearwater:
The overwhelming majority of the cases that we handle – close to 80% – involve some sort of automobile collision. This is because getting behind the wheel of a car is the most dangerous thing that people do on a regular basis. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we help car crash victims in Clearwater seek to maximize their financial recoveries. With a team of more than 10 attorneys and 40 professional staff members, we provide full-service representation focused on seeking to recover the compensation to which our clients are legally entitled. We will be with you every step of the way; and, whether your case settles or goes to trial, you can rest assured knowing that you have decades of experience on your side. Our Clearwater car accident lawyers will ensure you get the care and coverage you are owed.
🏍 Motorcycle Accidents
When you’re hurt in a motorcycle collision, it can be hard to know where to begin. Physical injuries, emotional devastation, and an inability to work can all wreak havoc on your life and your family’s security. You may wonder if there’s any way to seek compensation for your losses. Fortunately, in many cases, the answer is yes. Florida laws are meant to fairly and fully compensate motorcycle collision victims for a variety of losses. In certain cases, you’re able to bring a lawsuit against another driver or other responsible party. You may be able to seek compensation for things like pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life as well as for medical bills and lost wages.
When other drivers aren’t responsible on the road, the Clearwater motorcycle collision lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk are ready to help. Our team of specifically trained and experienced attorneys dedicate themselves to helping injured riders fight for justice. We work tirelessly to help you pursue your case in the strongest ways possible under Florida law. Learn more about our Clearwater motorcycle accident lawyers.
🚚 Commercial Truck Accidents
Semi-trucks are one of the road’s most dangerous means of transportation. Weighing as much as 80,000 pounds, these massive pieces of motorized machinery can be over 20 times the weight of your car. Such dangerous vehicles call for extreme precaution, yet too often, trucking companies are more concerned with their bottom line than the safety of those on the road. Overworked, impossible demand and mile-based pay all contribute to the nearly 275,000 large truck collisions that occur every single year in the United States. If you’ve been the victim of such a wreck, you are probably wondering where to turn. Perhaps you’ve been offered an insurance settlement that doesn’t even come close to covering your medical expenses. If so, we can help. Learn more about our Clearwater truck accident lawyers and how we can help you.
🚧 Slip and Falls
As a visitor on another’s property, you are vulnerable. Neglected maintenance, hazards. or obstacles could result in a serious injury. While it is the owner’s responsibility to protect you on his or her property, unfortunately, this does not always happen. If you’ve sustained an injury due to a slip & fall, picking up the pieces can be difficult. But don’t be worried. You aren’t alone. Our experienced Clearwater slip and fall lawyers have walked this road with thousands of individuals just like you.
🚴 Bicycle Accidents
Bicyclists don’t stand a chance in on-road collisions. Whether it’s from the threat of a car or a commercial truck, you are extremely vulnerable when you’re on your bike. If you’ve been injured in a bicycle collision, don’t leave your fate in the hands of an insurance company, even your own insurance company. These companies are often committed to minimizing your claim payout. They’re not primarily interested in helping you. Our Clearwater bicycle accident lawyers will ensure you’re properly cared for and compensated for your bicycle accident injuries.
🐶 Dog Bites
We’d like to think that dogs are man’s best friend, but the truth is that serious dog attacks happen regularly. Those attacks can leave terrible scarring both physically and emotionally, and it can be hard to know where to turn in the aftermath of an attack. If you’ve been injured in a dog attack, the Clearwater dog bite lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can help you get the compensation you deserve so that you can focus on your recovery and get back to your life. Learn more about Florida dog bite law.
🚸 Pedestrian Accidents
Hit by a car? You’re not alone. On average, over 400 pedestrian and motor vehicle incidents take place every year in Pinellas County, part of over 7,750 pedestrian crashes statewide. For the victims of these incidents, there can be years of rehabilitation, pain, and suffering to go through, as well as dozens of doctors’ visits, surgeries, and tests. The emotional, physical, and financial toll can be extreme. The last thing you want to worry about is finding sound legal advice. Fortunately, the Clearwater pedestrian injury lawyers of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk are here to guide you every step of the way. Learn more about our pedestrian accident attorneys.
🚑 Wrongful Death
Wrongful death is a legal term used to describe a situation in which someone dies due to the wrongful or negligent actions of another. Specifically, Florida law provides a right of action where a person’s “wrongful act, negligence, default, or breach of contract or warranty” causes the death of another. Learn more about our Clearwater wrongful death lawyers.
Clearwater, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Clearwater personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury lawyers in Clearwater
- Car accident lawyers in Clearwater
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Clearwater
- Slip & fall lawyers in Clearwater
- Truck accident lawyers in Clearwater
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Clearwater
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Clearwater
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Clearwater
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Directions to Our Clearwater Office
2639 McCormick Drive,
Clearwater, FL 33759
Open 24 hours
If you’re not ready to speak with a Clearwater injury lawyer in your area just yet, no problem. Keep reading this page for information that will help you understand the next steps you ought to take, and how we can help you in the aftermath of a personal injury.
Personal Injury Cases We’ve Handled
Our established personal injury law firm has deep and long-lasting connections to Pinellas County. It has been the core of our central and principal law offices (in Clearwater and St. Petersburg). A large number of our clients are residents of Pinellas County. We are often contacted by people looking for an experienced injury lawyer near them. Here are a few examples of our Clearwater and Pinellas County clients who contacted us after an injury.
Personal Injury FAQs
Q: Can I seek compensation if I was injured by a driver who was texting?
Yes. Texting behind the wheel is a form of distracted driving, and it has quickly become one of the leading causes of vehicle collisions. If you believe that the driver who hit you was texting at the time of the collision, we can use this to help you seek proper financial compensation.
Q: What other types of driving mistakes can support claims for compensation?
Some additional common forms of driver negligence include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while fatigued (and falling asleep behind the wheel)
- Merging without looking
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Other forms of inattentive and reckless driving
Yes. While driver error is the most common cause of car collisions, there are a variety of other factors that can cause and contribute to dangerous collisions as well. Defective parts, faulty maintenance jobs, improper cargo loading, and numerous other issues can all lead to injuries that entitle victims to just compensation.
Q: What are my options if the driver who hit me was uninsured?
If the driver who hit you does not have insurance (or if their insurance is inadequate to cover your losses), you potentially have a few options available. These include:
- Filing a claim under your personal injury protection (PIP) policy (PIP coverage is a requirement under Florida law);
- Filing an uninsured/underinsured (UIM) claim with your insurer (if you purchased UIM coverage); and,
- Pursuing alternate sources of financial compensation (such as a claim for a mechanical failure).
- Potentially pursuing the employer of the other driver if they were working at the time of the collision.
- Pursuing the owner of the vehicle if different than the driver.
Previous Settlements and Case Results
We have achieved significant settlements and verdicts for people just like you. Below are a few examples of results we’ve fought to obtain for our Clearwater injury clients.
Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case.
What Our Clients Say
Additional Service Areas
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- St Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers