Clearwater Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Too often, the elderly and other vulnerable adults in our society don’t get the care and protection that they need. People try to take advantage of the vulnerable in our society by exploiting them financially or by abuse and neglect. The results are often tragic.
If you or a loved one suffers nursing home abuse, our team of Clearwater nursing home abuse lawyers may be able to help. Florida has strict criminal and civil laws aimed at protecting the vulnerable in our society. These laws aim to both punish those who abuse vulnerable adults and deter would-be offenders.
What Counts as Abuse?
There are several different actions that constitute nursing home abuse. When a person purposefully inflicts a physical or mental injury on a vulnerable person, they’ve committed elder abuse. Even if a person doesn’t directly cause the injuries, if a person purposefully does something that’s likely to cause a physical or mental injury to a vulnerable person, they’ve committed elder abuse. Finally, if a person encourages another person to do anything that’s likely to cause a physical or mental injury to a vulnerable adult, they’ve committed elder abuse.
In addition to overt acts, neglect can also amount to nursing home abuse. When a person provides care for a vulnerable adult, they must provide the adult with appropriate food, clothing, supervision, medicine and health-care services as necessary for the person’s well-being. The caregiver must take reasonable steps to protect the person that they care for. A caregiver’s failure to provide care or appropriate supervision can amount to abuse if it causes a physical or mental health injury. Finally, abuse may result from a single act, or it may be the result of repeated behaviors.
Who’s Protected by Florida’s Elder Abuse Laws?
Florida’s nursing home abuse laws cover seniors. The law also covers disabled adults. Any adult person that’s at risk because of their age or disability can be the victim of abuse under Florida’s nursing home protection laws.
Who Can You Recover From?
In addition to looking at the person directly responsible for the abuse for recovery, you may be able to look to the nursing home to hold it responsible too. The nursing home may have negligently hired a person who uses their position in order to abuse residents. The nursing home may have ignored warnings or complaints about the suspected abuse.
Perhaps the nursing home needs more safeguards to supervise employees. Maybe they failed to have appropriate cameras in place to catch abuse. They may not have had sufficient employees or appropriate employee training in order to provide the appropriate levels of care. Any of these actions or others could subject the nursing home to liability for abuse in addition to the person that’s directly responsible for the abuse.
How Our Clearwater Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Can Help
If you or a loved one may be suffering from nursing home abuse, there are a number of different ways that our Clearwater nursing home injury lawyers may be able to help. First, trust your instincts. If you suspect that something’s wrong, don’t ignore your feelings. Many times, your intuition is exactly right, and you may be your loved one’s best chance to get help.
The signs of nursing home abuse might be subtle. You may see obvious signs of abuse such as bruises or bleeding. You may see more subtle signs of abuse such as small behavior changes in your loved one. In addition to a loved one’s behavior changes, you may notice behavior changes in the people who provide care for your loved one.
If your loved one suddenly no longer wants you to visit, or their care providers discourage visitation, these are also red flags. If a loved one has a sudden change in the person exercising power of attorney, that’s also a warning sign. If your loved one is unusually withdrawn or they have sudden financial problems, these may be evidence of abuse.
What to Expect When You Work With Us
We know that nursing home abuse is a tragedy. We know that you’re panicked and wondering what to do. You may be overwhelmed with worry. Our professionals understand that you’re going through an extremely challenging and worrisome ordeal.
That’s why our team aims to provide aggressive legal services that come with our compassion and understanding. We want you to understand each step in the legal process as your case moves through the court. When you have questions, we pick up the phone to answer them. It’s important that you understand what to expect at each and every stage of the case.
If you think that you or a loved one may have suffered or may be suffering from abuse, please call us immediately. Your loved one’s safety is our most important concern, and we want to help your loved one recover fully for their losses. Our team of nursing home abuse lawyers in Clearwater has the training and experience to help you seek the compensation that you deserve.
We use all of the legal processes available to us in order to advocate for you. This includes preparing court pleadings, motions, briefs and other documents. It means demanding evidence and conducting depositions. It means tailored negotiations with the other side and if necessary, a thoroughly prepared and skillfully conducted trial.
Let us show you how we can help. When you work with us, we take steps immediately for your loved one’s protection and to pursue fair compensation. If you’re concerned about nursing home abuse, please contact us.
Clearwater, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!