Clearwater Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near You
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be a painful and emotional experience. To make matters worse, dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can often be the most stressful part.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in or around Clearwater, Florida, you may be wondering what to do next. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we understand how difficult this time can be, but you don’t have to go through it on your own.
Our team of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers is standing by and ready to fight for you. Contact us today to see how we can help so that you can get back to what matters most —working toward your recovery.
Why Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is the Best Choice for You
We know that there are many personal injury law firms in the Clearwater, FL, area that you might be considering. But let us tell you why we think Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is the best choice to help you with your case.
First, while many firms handle personal injury claims generally, at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we have specific experience handling motorcycle accident injury claims.
In fact, we are a proud sponsor of the Florida Motorcycle Club Facebook group and are personally involved in the Florida motorcycle community as strong advocates for motorcycle rider safety and protections.
We have earned the trust and respect of our past clients and peers. Often, the best indicators of a successful personal injury firm are the reviews and testimonials of those we have worked with. But don’t take our word for it. Check out our reviews on Google and Martindale-Hubbell, a national law firm rating system and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We would be honored to earn your business and trust too.
Lastly, and most importantly, we have received multi-million-dollar settlements for numerous motorcycle accident victims, and their families, and we will fight to do the same for you.
This is often what matters most in any personal injury claim—getting the compensation you deserve so that you can recover from your injuries.
Motorcycle Driver’s Rights Under Florida State Law
Florida law defines a motorcycle as a type of motor vehicle “having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider
, and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground.” If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Florida, you will have certain rights under Florida State law. Primarily, you may have a right to recover monetary compensation to help you recover.
Damages Under Florida Law
As with any other type of motor vehicle, if you sustain injuries while driving a motorcycle, you may be entitled to compensation. In general, a motorcycle accident victim may receive compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those that help compensate for physical or tangible damages that may exist. Examples of economic damages under Florida law in a motorcycle accident for which you might receive compensation include:
- Property damage,
- Past lost income,
- Future lost income,
- Medical and funeral expenses, and
- Lost support and services.
These economic damages are crucial in ensuring that you can recover from your physical injuries as best you can.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensate an accident victim for their less tangible, non-financial loss. Recoverable non-economic damages might include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering,
- Physical impairment,
- Mental anguish,
- Disfigurement, and
- Loss of capacity for enjoyment of life.
While these non-economic damages are less tangible, they are no less important than economic damages. Both are necessary to make you whole so that you can recover. Thus, it is essential to have an experienced personal injury lawyer with an in-depth understanding of motorcycle accident claims and available recovery.
Clearwater Motorcycle Crash Statistics
It is no secret that riding a motorcycle can be dangerous, despite what safety measures are observed. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were roughly 89,000 motorcycle accident injuries and 5,172 motorcycle accident deaths in 2017. Further, the NHTSA noted that motorcyclists were 27 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash per vehicle mile traveled.
Motorcycle accidents are a nationwide concern, and Clearwater, FL, is no exception to these concerning statistics. News stories of motorcycle accidents in Clearwater occur regularly. In fact, in 2021, the State of Florida had over 600 motorcycle fatalities.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
While there are many factors that lead to motorcycle accidents, some are more common than others. The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Cars making left-hand turns;
- Motorcyclists splitting/driving between lanes;
- Road hazards; and
- Alcohol use.
Motorcycles are already more susceptible to accidents compared to passenger cars. Thus, it is imperative to use proper safety measures, such as wearing a helmet, and take extra precautions while driving a motorcycle.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Neck and back injuries,
- Arm and hand injuries, and
- Lower trunk (i.e., hips and pelvis) injuries.
The most common injuries, however, are head and brain injuries. But according to the CDC, helmets are estimated to reduce the risk of head injury by 69% and the risk of death in a motorcycle crash by 37%.
How to Document Your Accident
After a motorcycle accident, it is important to document the accident. This will allow you to better prove the facts of your case moving forward.
One way to document your accident is to call 911. When you contact the police after an accident, they will complete an accident report with relevant information about the accident scene and who was involved. Here’s how to request a copy of your Clearwater police accident report and how to file a police report in Clearwater.
This accident report can be extremely helpful and will have much of the information that you will need to help bolster your case.
Not only is it a good idea to have this report created, but it may also be required. Under Florida law, you must contact a law enforcement officer who will complete a Florida Traffic Crash Report for any accident that:
- Results in death or personal injury,
- Results in property damage to a vehicle,
- Involves a party driving under the influence, or
- Involves a commercial motor vehicle.
If any of the above are present, you must contact the authorities. However, even if none of these exist, it is still be a good idea to call 911.
Regardless of whether the police are called to the accident scene, you may also take certain steps to document your accident on your own. For example, you can take photos of the vehicles and the accident scene, gather contact information of other parties involved, and take statements from any eyewitnesses at the scene.
If you are physically able, taking these steps can help preserve evidence that may later become useful to you.
Read Our Client Reviews From Our Clearwater Law Office Near You
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, or you require more information from a motorcycle accident lawyer in Clearwater contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk online or call 866-598-8582 for a free case evaluation. Our team of experienced attorneys and staff members know what it takes to handle a motorcycle accident claim.
Our firm has been in practice for more than 30 years and represented over 20,000 clients. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for injured victims throughout Florida, and we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve too.
Contact us today and see what we can do to help you recover.
We understand that this can be a difficult time, and cost shouldn’t be another factor you have to worry about. That’s why when you hire our team of motorcycle accident attorneys, you won’t pay any fees or costs unless and until you win.
While you are not required to have a lawyer to move forward with your case, having a lawyer in your corner can be a great benefit. Our Clearwater motorcycle accident lawyers have extensive experience and resources to help you succeed.
It is difficult to say with any certainty whether your case will have to go to court. Most cases will settle without ever going to trial, but if trial is what it takes to get you the recovery you deserve, then that’s what we will do. We will settle your case only if that is what is best for you.
Clearwater, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!