Town ‘N’ Country Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Serving Motorcycle Accident Victims in Town ‘N’ Country, FL
Most motorcycle accidents result in serious or fatal injuries. If you have been injured or lost a loved one, you should talk to a Town ‘N’ Country motorcycle accident lawyer about your legal rights. Riders and families will be entitled to financial compensation in many cases, and hiring an experienced lawyer is the best way to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our lawyers have been successfully handling motorcycle accident cases in Town ‘N’ Country, Carrollwood, and Citrus Park for more than 30 years. Here is what you can expect when you choose our firm to represent you:
- 24/7 Accessibility. You can reach us 24/7 to schedule your free initial consultation; and, as our client, you can contact our lawyers and staff whenever you need to get in touch. We want to hear from our clients, and we want to make sure you have all of the information you need to feel comfortable about the direction of your case.
- Personalized Representation. We provide personalized representation focused on maximizing each individual client’s financial compensation. We have represented countless motorcycle riders and families over the past 30+ years, and we have helped our clients secure six, seven, and even eight-figure settlements and verdicts.
- Guidance Throughout Your Case. As your law firm, we will do more than handle your motorcycle accident claim. We will guide you through the entire process. Our lawyers will explain what to do, what mistakes to avoid, and how you can help make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- A Reputable Firm Trusted By Its Clients. We have been ranked a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News and World Report, we have an A+ rating with the BBB, and we have an “AV” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating available based on other lawyers’ recommendations. Our clients trust us in their times of need, and we have received numerous testimonials and positive reviews.
- Commitment to Your Recovery. From helping you get the treatment you need to making sure you receive the financial compensation you deserve, we are committed to your recovery. Our lawyers and professional staff members are passionate about their work, and they are prepared to do whatever it takes to help you move past your (or your loved one’s) motorcycle accident.
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
Staying Safe on the Road Isn’t Easy for Motorcycle Riders in Florida
While Town ‘N’ Country, Carrollwood, and Citrus Park are great places to ride year-round, staying safe on the road isn’t easy for motorcycle riders in Florida. Unfortunately, drivers frequently make poor decisions and careless mistakes that put riders in harm’s way. Defects, maintenance issues, and other hazards can cause accidents as well, and all of these factors combine to cause thousands of motorcycle accidents statewide each year.
When these factors lead to motorcycle accidents, injured riders and families will often be entitled to financial compensation. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our Town ‘N’ Country motorcycle accident lawyers bring decades of experience to handling cases involving:
- Aggressive and reckless drivers
- Careless and inattentive drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Fatigued drivers
- Inexperienced drivers
- Motorcycle and vehicle defects
- Safety equipment (i.e., helmet) defects
No matter what happened, if you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in a motorcycle accident, we strongly encourage you to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our lawyers will thoroughly assess your legal rights, and they will help you make an informed decision about how to move forward.
Sadly, even motorcycle riders who do their best to protect themselves are not immune from suffering the consequences of someone else’s mistake. For example, while the following safety practices can help reduce riders’ risk of serious or fatal injury, they cannot protect riders entirely. For the greatest protection possible, riders should always:
- Ride within your limits
- Give plenty of buffer to dangerous drivers
- Maintain your motorcycle in safe operating condition
- Obey the speed limit and other traffic laws
- Practice ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time)
Do Not Make Assumptions about Your Legal Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
What if you weren’t following all of these safety practices? For example, what if you were riding above the posted speed limit? Or, what if you weren’t wearing a helmet (since helmets aren’t required for insured riders over 21 under Florida law) at the time of your crash?
Even in these types of situations, it may still be possible to recover financial compensation. This is based on two key legal principles that apply to motorcycle accidents in Florida:
1. Liability for Motorcycle Accidents is Based on Evidence of Fault
First, in motorcycle accident cases, liability is based on evidence of fault. Even if a rider makes a mistake on the road, this does not necessarily mean that the rider is liable for his or her own injuries. For example, consider a scenario in which a motorcycle rider is speeding slightly. If an investigation reveals that the rider’s speed was not a factor in the crash, then the rider is not liable under Florida law.
2. Even if You (or Your Loved One) was Partially at Fault, You May Still Seek Partial Compensation
Florida is a modified comparative negligence state. This means that if you are found to be no more than 50% at fault for the accident, your recovery is reduced by the same proportion as your percentage of fault. As an example, if you are found to be 20% at fault in an accident, you may still recover 80% of your damages in a lawsuit. If, however, your percentage of fault is found to be more than 50%, you are barred from any recovery under the law.
Do Not Accept the Insurance Company’s Settlement Offer
After a motorcycle accident, it can be tempting to try to move on as quickly as possible. The insurance companies know this, and they will often try to get riders and their families to accept low-ball settlements. As a result, you should not accept an insurance company’s settlement offer unless you have consulted with an attorney.
In most cases, when an insurance company makes a quick settlement offer, there will be significantly more on the table. Under Florida law, riders and their families are entitled to just compensation for their financial and non-financial losses. This includes all current and future costs associated with the accident. Unless you present evidence of your losses to the insurance companies, you will not receive just compensation for your:
- Medical care, medical supplies, prescriptions, and therapy
- Other out-of-pocket costs (i.e., home modifications or in-home support services)
- Loss of income, benefits, and future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of companionship, consortium, enjoyment of life, services, society, and support
Calculating just compensation for these losses is not easy, and you cannot expect the insurance companies to calculate your losses for you. In order to protect yourself and your family, you need to take control of your insurance claim, and this starts with putting an experienced Town ‘N’ Country motorcycle accident lawyer on your side.
Real Reviews for Our Town ‘n’ Country Area Personal Injury Law Office
“Absolutely thrilling experience working with Abrahamson & Uiterwyk… I was involved in a motorcycle accident and had some substantial injuries but I could work through them. I simply wanted a check cut to replace my motorcycle and med. bills paid from State Farm and I would have been satisfied+/-…State Farm sat on there hands with the resolution so I decided to call a lawyer to speed things up a bit. I had been through this process before and stated that ” I am not going to waste countless hours substantiating my injury with physical therapy and various other med. treatments.” …It was understood… Verdict? A&U were able to get the maximum amount rewarded. $100,000… I was in shock. Highly recommended to say the least..” -S. Paul, July 2021 via Google
We have more than 25 reviews with a 5.0-star rating (as of 10/2/21).
FAQs: Filing a Claim After a Motorcycle Accident in Town ‘N’ Country, Carrollwood, or Citrus Park
Q: What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Town ‘N’ Country, Carrollwood, or Citrus Park?
A: After a motorcycle accident, the most important thing you can do is seek medical treatment. The next most important thing you can do is talk to an attorney. We are here for you 24/7, and we can walk you through everything you need to do in order to maximize your chances of a full recovery.
Q: How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
A: It is extremely important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Unnecessary delays can be costly; and, if you aren’t careful, you could end up without the financial compensation you deserve.
Q: Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
A: While you don’t technically need a lawyer to file a motorcycle accident claim, it is strongly in your best interests to hire a lawyer to represent you. The insurance companies will try to deny you compensation by all means available; and, without a lawyer, you won’t know (i) how much you are entitled to recover, (ii) what you need to do to recover your losses, or (iii) whether you should consider accepting a settlement or taking your claim to court.
Q: How Much Can a Town ‘N’ Country Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me Recover?
A: The amount you can recover after a motorcycle accident depends entirely on the unique facts of your case. When you choose Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our lawyers will focus on the details of your case in order to seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Town ‘N’ Country Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you would like to speak with a Town ‘N’ Country motorcycle accident lawyer, we encourage you to contact us 24/7. To schedule a free consultation as soon as possible, call (800) 538-4878 or tell us how we can reach you online now. We also handle a number of other types of cases including car accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall cases, and more.Contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today to schedule a free initial consultation. Let us put our 30 years of experience to work for you and help you pursue the financial compensation you deserve.
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Injury Lawyers
6940 W Linebaugh Ave #101,
Tampa, FL 33625
Town ‘N’ Country, FL Case Types
We have significant connections to the northwest Tampa suburbs. Many of our clients are residents of Hillsborough County, FL. The highly-experienced Town ‘N’ Country personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury lawyers in Town ‘N’ Country
- Car accident lawyers in Town ‘N’ Country
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Town ‘N’ Country
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Near You
If you’re looking for a Florida motorcycle accident attorney, we’re ready to help you. Here are just some of the areas we serve – see our office locations here:
- Tampa, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Brandon, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Clearwater, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Lakeland, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- New Port Richey, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Palm Harbor, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Pinellas Park, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Spring Hill, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- St Petersburg, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- …and more (see all our office locations here)