St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident in or around St. Petersburg, it might be time to consider contacting an attorney to help with your case moving forward. But where do you start?
The St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk have been helping Florida accident victims recover for over thirty years. Our passion is fighting for clients in need, and we hope we can help you. We can also assist you with St. Pete car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and more.
IS FLORIDA THE MOST DANGEROUS STATE FOR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 4,985 motorcyclists were killed in accidents in 2018.
This number may seem small compared to the number of car accident deaths each year.
However, motorcycle accidents remain a serious concern when you consider how large this number is compared to how few motorcyclists there are.
In fact, per vehicle miles traveled, the NHTSA estimates that motorcyclists are 28% more likely than people in passenger cars to die in an accident.
Further, while motorcyclists represent only 3% of registered motorists, motorcyclists account for roughly 14% of all traffic-related fatalities.
Why Choose Us for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
If you have already begun the search for a St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyer, you may have noticed that a quick internet search yields more results than you can probably count.
We know it can seem overwhelming to select an attorney for your case. Let us tell you why we think that Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is the right choice for you:
- Our team has specific experience handling motorcycle accident cases. While many law firms are equipped to handle personal injury cases generally, the St. Petersburg motorcycle lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk have specific knowledge and experience required to effectively take on your motorcycle accident case.
- Motorcycle accident cases are important to us personally. Several of our attorneys are avid motorcycle riders, and we sponsor the Florida Motorcycle Club Facebook group.
- We have successfully represented hundreds of motorcycle accident victims throughout Florida. Further, we have helped our clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts, allowing them to recover from their injuries.
- You will not pay us a dime, meaning no fees or costs, unless and until we successfully resolve your case. We know this can be a stressful time, and we don’t want to add to that stress. We will take
afees and costs only if we are able to get you a recovery.
If you’re not ready to make a decision right now, we understand. This is an important choice, and you should take your time.
While you think it over, feel free to browse our page to learn more about motorcycle accident cases.
We hope that the information available here will give you a better understanding of what to expect moving forward.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
What to Do After a St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident
The time immediately following your motorcycle accident can feel like a blur. However, it is important to take appropriate action after your accident.
Doing so can not only help you address any physical injuries that may exist but can also improve your chances at getting the compensation you will need to recover.
Call the Police and Formally Report Your Accident
Immediately after your accident, you should contact the police. Make sure not to leave the scene until the police arrive and you provide them with any requested information they need to complete the formal accident report.
Even if you don’t believe you or any involved parties have sustained injuries, it is important that you stay at the scene and cooperate until the authorities have the information they need.
Collect Documentation and Information at the Scene
The strength of your potential motorcycle accident case will depend in large part on the quality of evidence you have available. Much of this evidence will actually be available at the scene of your motorcycle accident.
Thus, if you are not injured and are physically able, try to document and collect as much pertinent evidence as you can.
Evidence you should collect at the scene if it is available includes:
- Contact information of any involved parties;
- Insurance information of any involved parties;
- Photographs of the accident scene; and
- Statements from any eyewitnesses to the accident.
The more evidence you have, the easier it will be to prove your case moving forward.
Seek Medical Attention
If you sustain any injuries in your motorcycle accident, you should call an ambulance immediately. This will allow you to address any severe injuries that may exist.
However, even if you do not notice any immediate injuries, you should still seek medical attention as soon as practicable to verify whether any injuries exist.
Injuries such as internal bleeding or brain damage may not be visible to the naked eye. But failure to identify these injuries in a timely manner can result in negative repercussions.
Do not let the fear of potential costs keep you from seeking the medical diagnosis and attention you need.
Medically related costs in a motorcycle accident that you may seek compensation for include:
- Ambulance rides,
- Emergency surgery,
- Prescription medication,
- Doctor visits, and
- Rehabilitation services.
Proper medical treatment is necessary to help you recover. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you seek reimbursement for these costs.
Contact a St. Petersburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Once you have taken the above steps, you should consider reaching out to a motorcycle accident lawyer to help you move forward with your claim.
An experienced St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyer can help you assess your claim and determine what damages you may be entitled to.
Further, a lawyer can help you fight for your rights so that you get the compensation you need to begin your recovery.
If you have any questions about the motorcycle accident claims process, don’t wait. Contact our team of experienced attorneys today for a free case review.
The St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk will make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve for any injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages. We’ll make sure that the insurance company does not take advantage of you to settle your claim for a reduced amount which is likely significantly less than what your case is really worth.
St. Petersburg, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced St. Pete personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury lawyers in St. Pete
- Car accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Slip & fall lawyers in St. Pete
- Truck accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Bicycle accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in St. Pete
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in St. Pete
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Brandon, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Clearwater, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Lakeland, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- New Port Richey, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Palm Harbor, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Pinellas Park, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Spring Hill, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- St Petersburg, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- …and more (see all our office locations here)