Brandon Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near You
Dealing with the consequences of a motorcycle accident is not easy. Fortunately, help is available. If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious collision, our Brandon motorcycle accident lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
With so many riders in the Brandon area, there are a number of law firms that would want your business. Here are some of the top reasons why we think you should choose Abrahamson & Uiterwyk:
- We Are Motorcycle Riders. Several of our Brandon motorcycle accident attorneys are riders. As a result, we take motorcycle accident cases personally, and we know what it means for riders to be able to get back in the saddle.
- We Have Recovered Millions for Riders and Their Families. We have been representing motorcycle riders and their families for more than 30 years. Over this time, we have helped our clients recover millions of dollars in compensation, including numerous million-dollar and multi-million-dollar awards.
- We Will Work to Settle Your Case While Preparing for Trial. Some lawyers will encourage their clients to settle even if they may be able to recover more by going to trial. Not ours. While we will work to settle your case for just compensation, we will also be fully prepared to fight in court if necessary.
- Our Clients and Our Colleagues Recommend Us. We have more than 1,000 5-star reviews from past clients, and we have the highest possible peer review rating with Martindale-Hubbell (”AV”). We also regularly receive referrals from other lawyers in Brandon.
- Our Clients Pay Nothing Unless We Win. When you hire the Brandon motorcycle accident attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, you can rest assured that you will not pay anything out-of-pocket, no fees or costs unless we win. If your case is successful, our legal fees will be calculated as a percentage of your recovery.
How Does Insurance Work in Motorcycle Accident Cases?
Most motorcycle accidents are the result of driver negligence. While many people seem to think that motorcycle riders are risk-takers who choose to take their lives into their own hands, the reality is that riders are not responsible for their own injuries the majority of the time.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident caused by driver negligence, the driver’s auto insurance company may be liable. Unfortunately, Florida does not require drivers to carry liability insurance that covers accident victims’ injuries. But, some drivers choose to purchase this coverage voluntarily; and, if the driver who hit you or your loved one has this coverage, our Brandon motorcycle accident lawyers can help you file a claim.
Another option you may have is to file an uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) claim. If you or your loved one has this insurance, you can use it to file a claim if: (i) the at-fault driver does not have liability insurance, (ii) the at-fault driver’s liability insurance isn’t enough, or (iii) the at-fault driver fled the scene of the accident.
Get A free case evaluation
When Can You File an Auto or Motorcycle Insurance Claim After an Accident?
Regardless of the circumstances involved, filing a liability claim after a motorcycle accident requires proof of fault. This means that you need to hire a Brandon motorcycle accident attorney to conduct an investigation as soon as possible. You can contact us 24/7, and we can get to work on your case right away.
When we investigate your (or your loved one’s) motorcycle accident, we will be looking for evidence of any and all forms of driver fault. This includes common driver-related causes of motorcycle accidents such as:
- Aggressive driving (i.e., speeding, tailgating, or cutting off a motorcycle rider)
- Alcohol or drug-impaired driving
- Careless or reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving (or falling asleep behind the wheel)
- Failure to yield the right of way to a motorcycle rider
- Failure to stop at a traffic signal or stop sign
- Turning or pulling out in front of an approaching motorcycle rider
When Can You File a Motorcycle Accident Claim Outside of Auto or Motorcycle Insurance?
While most motorcycle accidents result from driver negligence, there are other possible causes. In fact, there are many other factors that can cause (or contribute to causing) serious and fatal motorcycle accidents.
When you choose our firm, in addition to looking for evidence of driver fault, our Brandon motorcycle accident attorneys will look for evidence of other possible causes as well. If any of the following played a role in your (or your loved one’s) accident, we will fight to hold the appropriate company responsible:
- Motorcycle Defects – Motorcycle and component manufacturers can be liable in cases involving wheel, tire, engine, transmission, electrical, and other motorcycle defects.
- Riding Equipment Defects – Riding equipment manufacturers can be held liable when defects in riders’ helmets, boots, gloves, or jackets result in accident-related injuries.
- Vehicle Defects – If the driver who hit you or your loved one was unable to stop because of a defect in his or her vehicle, the vehicle’s manufacturer could be liable for the crash.
- Negligent Maintenance and Repairs – In addition to defects, negligent maintenance and repairs can also lead to motorcycle accidents. When this happens, the shop or dealership that performed the work may be legally responsible.
- Issues with the Road – Gravel in the roadway, sharp turns, unmarked construction zones, visual obstructions, and other road-related issues can also factor into motorcycle accidents. In cases involving road-related factors, the government agency or contractor that is responsible for the road’s condition may be liable for the crash.
- Employer Liability – If the driver who hit you or your loved one was working at the time of the crash, our Brandon motorcycle accident lawyers may be able to pursue a claim against his or her employer.
- Rideshare and Delivery Company Liability – In cases involving delivery drivers and ridesharing drivers (i.e., Uber and Lyft), our Brandon motorcycle accident lawyers may be able to pursue a claim against the rideshare or delivery company in addition to pursuing a claim under the driver’s auto insurance policy.
Sample of Our Motorcycle Accident Case Results
We have decades of experience helping motorcycle accident victims and their families recover just compensation. Here are some examples of the results we have been able to achieve for our clients:
- $11,100,000 recovered for a rider who suffered severe brain damage in an accident caused by a negligent driver.
- $5,050,000 recovered for the family of a motorcycle rider who was killed by a negligent driver.
- $5,000,000 recovered for the family of a motorcycle rider who was killed when a tractor-trailer pulled into his path.
- $4,899,000 recovered for a minor who suffered brain trauma and other injuries when a driver cut off his father’s motorcycle.
- $1,330,000 recovered for a motorcycle rider who suffered multiple fractures when a negligent driver pulled out in front of him.
- $1,269,936 recovered for a client who ran up the ramp of a car carrier that its driver had negligently parked in the roadway without any warning.
- $799,000 recovered for the family of a motorcycle rider who was killed when a negligent driver crossed a paved median.
Get A free case evaluation
FAQs: How (and When) Can a Brandon Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help?
Can I File a Claim if I Wasn’t Wearing a Helmet When I Got in a Motorcycle Accident?
If you were not wearing a helmet when you got in a motorcycle accident, this could impact the amount you are entitled to recover. Under Florida’s “comparative fault” law, the amount you can recover for a motorcycle accident is based, in part, on your percentage of fault. If your injuries are partially attributable to your decision not to wear a helmet, then your compensation award may be reduced. However, you could still be entitled to significant financial compensation, and you will want to speak with a Brandon motorcycle accident attorney about your legal rights.
How Much Can I Recover for My Motorcycle Accident?
The amount you can recover for your motorcycle accident depends on the specific circumstances involved. Who was at fault, what insurance coverage is available, what evidence is available, and the extent of your injuries (or your family’s losses) are all key factors. We will be able to provide an estimate of how much we can seek to recover on your behalf once we conduct an investigation.
How Soon Should I Call a Brandon Motorcycle Accident Lawyer After a Collision?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Brandon, you should call a lawyer right away. It will be important to collect evidence before it disappears, and you will need to be extremely careful to avoid mistakes when dealing with the insurance companies. On the flip side, there is no reason to wait, and you can get started with a free, no-obligation consultation 24/7.
Read Our Client Reviews From Our Brandon Law Office Near You
I was really grateful that they allowed the process to be simple. I didn’t have to do much at all as the attorneys done all for me. Very informative, caring and professional staff go eat. I would highly recommend abrahamson and uiterwyk.~ Missy Bold
Rating 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
And read more of our 28+ Brandon Motorcycle Attorney reviews on Google.
Get a Free Consultation about Your Motorcycle Accident Claim 24/7
If you would like to speak with a Brandon motorcycle accident lawyer at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, contact us now to schedule an appointment today. Call (813) 701-5123 or tell us how we can reach you online so that we can get to work on your case right away.
Service Area for Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Brandon, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Clearwater, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Lakeland, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- New Port Richey, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Palm Harbor, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Pinellas Park, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Spring Hill, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- St Petersburg, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL motorcycle accident lawyer
- …and more (see all our office locations here)
Brandon, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Brandon, FL personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury attorneys in Brandon, FL
- Car accident attorneys in Brandon, FL
- Motorcycle accident attorneys in Brandon, FL
- Slip & fall attorneys in Florida
- Truck accident attorneys in Florida
- Bicycle accident attorneys in Florida
- Brain injury attorneys in Florida
- Birth injury attorneys in Florida
- Pedestrian accident attorneys in Florida
- Construction accident attorneys in Florida
- Wrongful death attorneys in Florida
- Actos injury attorneys in Florida
- Boating accident attorneys in Florida
- Business interruption insurance attorneys in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device attorneys in Florida
- Dog bite attorneys in Florida
- Drunk driving accident attorneys in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates attorneys in Florida
- Insurance disputes attorneys in Florida
- Medical malpractice attorneys in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant attorneys in Florida
- Nursing home abuse attorneys in Florida
- Product liability attorneys in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp attorneys in Florida