Car Accident Lawyers Serving Sarasota County
Injured in an accident and thinking about hiring a Sarasota car accident attorney? If so, you’ve probably noticed that there are tons of accident law firms that want your case.
But here are some reasons why we believe we are your best choice:
- WE HAVE A REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE.That excellence has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report with a “Best Law Firm” rating, an A+ Rating with the BBB, and an “AV” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating.
- WE’VE BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND HAVE HELPED OVER 20K CLIENTS.When you hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to handle your Sarasota accident injury claim you can be confident that we’re not some fly-by-night operation. We’re deeply committed to the Sarasota community.
- YOU DON’T PAY US UNLESS WE WIN.It costs you nothing to hire our Sarasota accident lawyers. We only take a fee if we successfully recover money for you. We also offer free consultations. If you think you might have a claim, we are ready to tell you for sure.
- WE’RE FREQUENTLY REFERRED CASES BY OTHER ATTORNEYS AND BY FORMER CLIENTS.We consider it a great compliment that our colleagues in the legal profession, and our former clients, think highly enough of our Firm to refer us to their friends and family.
- WE’VE EARNED thousands of positive CLIENT REVIEWS.Perhaps the best indicator of the quality of our services is the kind words that our past clients have felt compelled to share. We encourage you to browse our reviews on Google, and to check out more written testimonials here.
- WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE YOUR CASE TO TRIAL.Many car accident injury law firms in Sarasota want to settle your case as quickly as possible. While promptness is certainly a goal of ours, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if that’s what in your best interest. We encourage you to check out our history of jury verdicts and settlements here.
Request Your Free Case Review
Not quite ready to speak with a Sarasota accident attorney? Not to worry. Below you will find useful information that will help you understand what steps you ought to take as you navigate the aftermath of your auto accident.
The Correct Steps to Take After an Auto Accident in Sarasota
When you’ve been involved in a car accident, it can be physically and emotionally stressful. You can be disoriented and confused. But it’s important to stay calm and keep your head on straight. Here are some important steps you can take after a car accident.
1. Stay Safe
Pull over to the side of the road and ensure that you and the other people involved in the accident are safe. Safety should be your number one priority after a car accident. If anyone is seriously injured, contact an ambulance
2. Call the Police
It is always important to call the police after an accident even if the other driver encourages you not to. The police will make a report at the scene. Get the name of the officer making the report and the report number so you can get a copy later.
3. Gather Information
Get the name, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver. You should also get the contact information of any passengers involved in the accident and any witnesses who may have seen what happened
4. Document the Scene
Use your phone to take pictures of the scene, any property damage, and any injuries. You should also take a picture of the other car’s license plate.
5. Get Medical Treatment
If you’ve been critically injured, you will most likely be taken from the scene by ambulance. However, even if you feel that you haven’t been seriously injured, you should still seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Some injuries don’t present themselves right away, and you want to make sure you have documentation of any injuries.
6. Don’t Talk to the Insurance Company
The other driver’s insurance company will probably try to contact you and get you to make a statement about what happened. Remember that the insurance company is not on your side and that your words may be used against you later. The insurance company will want to record you, and have you sign various legal and medical releases.
7. Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers Serving Sarasota County
Our experienced and trusted Sarasota car accident lawyers can deal with the insurance company and help you pursue the maximum compensation. The lawyers at Abrahamson & Uitweryk are here to help you through the process. We’d be happy to evaluate your case for free and answer any questions you may have. Let us show you how we can help. Contact us or call 800-538-4878 to schedule your free, immediate, and no-obligation telephone consultation.
Why It’s Important to Act Quickly After a Sarasota Car Accident
There are a number of reasons why it’s important to contact an experienced car accident attorney quickly.
For one, to preserve evidence. Especially evidence of car accidents can disappear quickly. Memories can get fuzzy, skid marks can fade, and preserving as much evidence as possible is critical to maximizing your chances of a full recovery.
For another, after a car accident, the insurance companies have already begun working on your case. They have likely already assembled their vast resources in an effort to minimize your case, injuries, and compensation. To protect yourself against the insurance companies’ proven tactics, you need an experienced, knowledgeable, and aggressive advocate on your side.
Finally, if you wait too long to file your claim, you could lose your rights entirely. Florida has a strict “statute of limitations” for personal injury claims. If you fail to take actin in time, then your claim may simply expire.
Our team of car accident attorneys, investigators, paralegals, and others are available and ready to get to work for you. Get a free case evaluation with no obligation.
Answers to Sarasota Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
Auto accident victims in Florida can pursue compensation for any pain, suffering, or losses reasonably related to the negligence of the at-fault party. Courts commonly award compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Hospital stays
- Time away from work
- Loss of future wages due to inability to work
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
You are not required to talk to the other side’s insurance company or to answer their questions. They don’t work for you, they don’t represent your best interests, and they will probably try to use your statements against you later. When you hire one of our Sarasota car accident attorneys, you can tell the insurance company to contact us instead. The insurance adjustor might make you a settlement offer. Don’t accept their offer until you’ve reviewed it with your lawyer.
Getting hit by a driver who doesn’t have enough (or any) auto insurance can be frustrating, and you might be tempted to panic. There is still hope, though. You might have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage through your own auto insurance provider without even realizing it. Otherwise, we might still be able to pursue compensation from your own insurer, from the at-fault driver directly, or from other responsible third parties. Don’t give up — talk to us first.
Most of the clients we work with are in a tough economic situation. After all, you’ve just been in an accident, and that is never easy on anyone’s wallet. Don’t worry. We are proud to offer The Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Guarantee: No Costs or Fees Unless We Win!
Our firm operates on a 100% contingency basis. That means we don’t charge you a penny unless we win or settle your case. Your financial situation does not have to stand in the way of justice.
Yes. Florida applies very strict time limits on car accident claims. If you miss it, you’ll lose your chance to pursue compensation through the state legal system.
It’s also important to note that the time limit applies to the actual filing of the lawsuit. There is a lot that needs to be done before that happens, though, and it can take some time. While we will always work hard to meet your deadlines, it is unwise to wait too long on an accident claim. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can start taking your next steps together. Please don’t risk running out of time.
What Can I Expect From My Sarasota Car Accident Lawyer?
Navigating through the insurance and legal process can be confusing and frustrating, especially when you are also dealing with injuries. More importantly, dealing with insurance companies without experienced legal assistance will likely result in receiving far less compensation or nothing at all.
The big insurance companies are not necessarily there to help you. They hope to pay injured victims the smallest amount possible. Having a highly skilled Sarasota car accident lawyer advocating for you offers you the best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve.
When working with our personal injury law team, you can expect us:
- To conduct a thorough investigation of all the facts related to your case.
- To identify all responsible parties and insurance coverages.
- To file a No-Fault claim to initiate payments of your medical bills and lost wages.
- To handle all communication with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- To provide excellent communication by promptly answering your calls and keep you updated of new developments in your case.
- To obtain all pertinent documentation to substantiate your injury claim.
- To aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies to seek the compensation you deserve.
- To fight for your rights in trial when necessary.
- To never charge fees or costs unless you win.
Common Types of Sarasota Auto Accident & Injury Cases
Our Sarasota car accident attorneys specialize in various practice areas and injury types, such as:
TYPES OF ACCIDENTS:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck, Tractor Trailer and Semi-Truck Accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents (i.e., Uber and Lyft)
- DUI Accidents
- Wrongful Death
TYPES OF INJURIES:
- Spine, Back and Neck Injuries (including whiplash)
- Disc Herniations/Bulges
- Shoulder and Knee Injuries
- Broken Bones & Fractures
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Amputation Injury
- Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement
- Severe cuts and Bruises
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
$500,000 / Auto Accident / Back Surgery / Hillsborough County, FL
52-year-old male driver was rear ended by a limousine and pushed into the traffic in front of him. His back injuries required lumbar discectomy and surgical epidural steroid injections.