What is the Average Settlement for Slip/Trip and Fall Lawsuits in Florida?
Overview of Florida Slip and Fall Settlements
There is no clear average slip/trip and fall settlement amount in Florida. Florida slip/trip and fall settlements depend on the circumstances unique to each case.
Several factors that might affect a Florida slip/trip and fall settlement include:
- Negligence of the business or landowner;
- Existence of a dangerous condition on the premises;
- Ability to prove that the business or landowner created the hazardous condition, knew of the condition, or should have known of the condition;
- Whether the business or landowner failed to repair the condition or to warn others about the condition;
- Contributing negligence of the injured party;
- Whether the injured party was lawfully on the premises;
- Severity of the injuries;
- Ability to prove the injuries were caused by the slip/trip and fall; and
- Extent of damages, including past and future lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Because Florida slip/trip and fall settlements depend on the specific facts of each case, it’s best to discuss the details of your situation with our slip and fall injury attorney.
Examples of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Slip/Trip and Fall Settlements
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has represented over 20,000 injury victims, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Here is an example of a recent trip and fall accident settlement we won for our clients:
$300,000.00/ Trip and Fall Accident / Shoulder and Wrist Injuries / Lee County, Florida
In late 2018, our client was walking into the clubhouse at her condominium complex. Our client tripped over a rug that had been rolled up and placed in the doorway. The rug had been placed there by an employee of the complex. As a result of her trip, the client fell onto her left side and badly fractured her left shoulder and wrist. The shoulder and wrist each required surgery and inpatient rehabilitation.
After the client was released from the rehabilitation facility, the complex’s insurance company reached out to the client and assured her that they would “take care of everything.” When communication with the insurance company broke down, the client called Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
It was only after Abrahamson & Uiterwyk sent the insurance company a formal demand for payment that the insurance company became open to negotiation.
As a result of several subsequent telephone conferences with the insurance company, Abrahamson and Uiterwyk settled the claim for $300,000.00.
$850,000 Premises Liability Settlement
Our 49-year-old client was injured when she sat on a fitting room bench at a department store. The bench collapsed, and the Plaintiff fell to the ground. As a result of this incident, the Plaintiff suffered multiple injuries to her hip and back. We settled her premise liability case for $850,000.
$689,000 Slip and Fall Premises Liability Settlement
Our client sustained a back injury when he slipped and fell at a Wal-Mart. We settled this case for $689,000.
$650,000 Trip and Fall Premises Liability Settlement
We obtained a $650,000 settlement for our client who tripped over cables and fell headfirst into a concrete barrier.
Feel free to browse other premises liability case results featured on our website.
What Factors Will Most Impact the Amount of my Florida Slip/Trip and Fall Settlement?
Whether you can settle your premises liability claim may depend on whether you can prove the defendant’s negligence.
To provide liability for your slip/trip and fall, Florida requires that you establish the following:
- You were legally on the property,
- The business or landowner had a duty to inspect the property and to keep it reasonably safe,
- The business or landowner breached this duty by failing to take reasonable steps to remedy the danger, and
- This breach caused your injuries.
Also, the following factors can affect the amount of your Florida slip and fall settlement:
- The extent of your damages and
- The amount that your negligence contributed to your injuries.
Our lawyers can help maximize your settlement amount by assisting you in showing that the defendant is liable. We can also help you calculate your damages for a fair settlement.
What Evidence is Most Critical in a Florida Slip/Trip and Fall Case?
As the plaintiff, you and your attorney must present evidence of the defendant’s liability for your fall. Evidence that is critical in a Florida slip/trip and fall case can include:
- Photographs of the dangerous condition and the surrounding area,
- Statements from eyewitnesses,
- Physical evidence like the shoes and clothing you were wearing at the time,
- Surveillance footage of the accident,
- Expert opinions and statements, and
- Medical bills and treatment plans.
The evidence you gather can increase your ability to prove your claim and maximize your slip/trip and fall settlement. Our experienced premises liability attorneys can help you gather and present critical evidence in your case.
How Do I Know If I Should Hire a Lawyer for my Florida Slip/Trip and Fall Claim?
Hiring a lawyer is your best option to ensure you get the most favorable outcome in your case. Premises liability and personal injury laws are complicated.
Also, negotiating a fair settlement is difficult for people inexperienced with negotiating tactics.
Without the help of a lawyer, you risk losing out on compensation that you deserve.
If your case involves any of the following, seek legal assistance as soon as possible:
- Your accident resulted in severe, long-term, or permanent disabilities;
- You have substantial medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering; or
- An insurance company refuses to negotiate a settlement offer.
Our attorneys can help you navigate the legal process, giving you more time and energy to recover from your injuries.
Speak with an Experienced Slip and Fall Attorney About Your Claim
If you have been injured in a slip/trip and fall accident, consult with our experienced personal injury attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
For over 30 years, our team of personal injury lawyers have fought to get injury victims the compensation they deserve. Let us put this experience to work for you. Contact our trusted lawyers online or call us at 1-800-753-5203 to schedule your free consultation.