St. Petersburg Florida Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers Near You
In Florida, a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property may entitle you to financial compensation. Learn more about your rights, then schedule a free consultation with one of our St Petersburg slip and fall injury attorneys at the law offices of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk.
A sudden slip can change your life instantly. When you are out shopping, on your way to work, exploring St. Petersburg, or attending a party, the last thing you expect is to have to fear for your safety because of a dangerous condition on the ground. Unfortunately, property owners make mistakes – they fail to repair cracks, they fail to clean up spills, and they fail to protect known fall hazards – and these mistakes often prove costly for their visitors and guests.
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury or accident, what are your rights? You have the right to quality medical care. You have the right not to suffer through pain without treatment. You have the right to speak with St Petersburg slip and fall injury lawyers. Most importantly, you have the right to hold the at-fault property owner responsible so that you do not bear the financial and emotional burdens of your injuries for years, or perhaps decades, to come.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we focus exclusively on helping injured victims and their families pursue compensation. If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property in St. Petersburg, we will fight for your rights on your behalf. While most of our clients’ cases settle, we do not hesitate to take property owners and their insurance companies to trial, and you can be rest assured knowing that you have decades of legal experience on your side.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in St. Petersburg
Our St Petersburg slip and fall injury attorneys represent individuals in and around the St. Petersburg area who have suffered bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, back and head injuries, and other serious injuries in slip and fall accidents caused by:
- Tripping on torn carpeting
- Falling due to a missing or loose railing
- Tripping over an abrupt change in flooring surfaces
- Falling due to unsafe conditions at a swimming pool
- Slipping on moss or algae-covered steps
- Falling over an obstacle due to poor lighting
- Slipping on an oil spill in a garage or parking lot
- Slipping on a spill or recently-cleaned floor in a convenience, grocery or big-box store
- Stepping in an unprotected pothole
- Falling down crumbling, loose, or poorly-maintained stairs
- Other dangerous conditions on private, business, or government premises
In every case, our goal is to quickly establish liability by conducting a thorough investigation, and seek maximum compensation for our client as efficiently as possible.
Slip and Fall Accident Claims: Answers to FAQs
Florida property owners have an obligation to protect customers, visitors, and guests from fall risks by exercising reasonable care to maintain their premises in safe condition, repairing known issues, and providing adequate warning if an issue cannot be promptly addressed. If you slipped and fell because a property owner failed to meet their legal obligations, you can seek financial compensation for your injury-related losses. There are certain exceptions (for example, property owners owe less duties to trespassers); but, if you fell on someone else’s property, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation.
Standard Florida homeowners’ insurance policies include coverage for slip and fall injuries resulting from most typical hazards. So, if you fell at a friend’s or neighbor’s house, you do not have to worry that he or she will struggle financially if you file a claim. The risk of unexpected accidents is the reason we have insurance, and you should feel comfortable asserting your legal right to compensation.
Yes, slip and fall injuries from accidents on both public and private property are potentially eligible for financial compensation. This includes accidents that occur at:
- Apartment and condo buildings
- Commercial offices
- Hotels and motels
- Malls and retail stores
- Medical offices and hospitals
- Nursing homes
- Parking garages
- Resorts and entertainment venues
- Restaurants and bars
- Other private and public facilities
There are some important things that you should avoid doing after a slip and fall accident that could have an impact on any claim you may have for your injuries.
Fail to Report the Accident to a Manager
You may want to forget the whole thing happened and simply leave the area. However, if you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, it is important to inform a manager or property owner about what happened. This report should be made immediately, and you should be sure to get a copy of any incident report prepared by the manager.
Say ‘I’m Sorry’
It’s human instinct to reflexively say “I’m sorry” even when something is not your fault. Resist the urge to apologize.
Ignore any Witnesses
If you’ve fallen in a public place, chances are there were eyewitnesses to your accident. Gather the names and contact information of any witnesses so that statements can be obtained from them later.
Leave the Scene Without Collecting Evidence
Before you leave the scene, make sure you take pictures of the area where your slip and fall occurred. It is important to get pictures of the condition that caused your fall. Was there a spill on the floor, torn carpeting, uneven flooring, or debris? Make sure to document the condition.
Skip the Doctor Visit
It is important to see a doctor after your slip and fall even if you’re not sure if you’ve been seriously injured. Even if you only have slight pain, you should still see your doctor as the adrenaline of your accident may be masking a serious injury. In addition, some injuries don’t present themselves right away, and it’s important to have a medical professional make the determination that you’re not injured.
The decision to hire an attorney for your slip and fall accident is a personal one, but there are some important reasons why you should consider doing so.
Securing Important Evidence
An St. Pete slip and fall attorney can be helpful in making sure that all important evidence is preserved after your slip and fall. Without the right evidence, it can be difficult to prove that your injuries were the result of someone else’s negligence. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help determine which evidence is necessary and how to get the evidence you need.
One of the most important parts of your slip and fall claim is proving that someone else, whether it was a business or a property owner, was responsible for your injuries. In many cases, this can be a complicated process. An experienced slip and fall injury law firm can help you figure out the logistics of your case and put together the best evidence to determine who was liable and the nature of the negligence.
Another important part of a slip and fall case is establishing that you suffered damages as a result of this fall. These damages typically include medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced St. Petersburg slip and fall accident attorney can help you put together all of the documentation and evidence needed to prove that you were injured and sustained damages as the result of someone’s negligence.
Negotiating With Insurance Companies
It is important to remember that insurance adjusters are not on your side. After your slip and fall accident, an insurance company may try to offer you a settlement or talk you out of pursuing your claim. The job of the insurance company is to pay out as little as possible on any claims. If you have an experienced slip and fall attorney on your side, the attorney can communicate with the insurance company for you. The attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk talk to insurance adjusters every day and know the best way to negotiate on your behalf.
Contact a St Pete Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to remember that the insurance company is not on your side. You should consider consulting with an experienced slip and fall lawyer. The attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk have been representing slip and fall accident victims for over 30 years. Contact us online or call us at 866-598-8582 to set up your free consultation today. If you have been injured in a car accident contact one of our St Pete car accident lawyers.
Read Reviews of Our Nearby St. Petersburg Injury Law Office
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
St. Petersburg, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Slip & Fall Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- North Port, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Safety Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Seminole, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!