Manatee County Car Accident Lawyer
Why Hiring An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney In Manatee County Can Help With Your Car Accident Case
You’ve been injured in a car accident in Manatee County. Can you use your health insurance? Do you need to contact your auto insurance company? Should you hire a Manatee County car accident lawyer to represent you? These are all important questions—and you need the answers quickly.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we help car accident victims in Manatee County through the entire recovery process. We can answer all of your questions, and we will do so at no out-of-pocket cost. Here is what you can expect when you contact us about your car accident:
- You Will Receive Personalized Legal Advice. As our client, you will work one-on-one with our lawyers and legal professionals. You will receive advice that is custom-tailored to your individual circumstances, and you will receive prompt and personalized answers to all of your questions.
- You Will See Why We Have Thousands of Testimonials and 5-Star Reviews. We are passionate about helping our clients, and this passion shows through in our legal representation. When you become a client, you will see why we have thousands of testimonials and 5-star reviews.
- You Can Rely on Our Lawyers’ Decades of Experience. Our firm has been representing accident victims in Florida for more than 30 years, and our lawyers have decades’ worth of relevant experience. You can rely on this experience to feel confident in your choice of legal representation.
- You Can Focus on Yourself While We Focus on Your Case. We will handle your car accident case for you so that you can focus on getting better. We will keep you informed every step of the way, and we will be here for you whenever you need advice related to your recovery.
- We Will Fight to Help You Obtain Maximum Compensation. We have one goal in every case we handle: We want to help our client recover maximum compensation as quickly as possible. As your law firm, we will do everything we can to pursue the compensation you deserve.
5 Types of Insurance Coverage that Cover Car Accident Injuries
In most cases, recovering financial compensation for a car accident in Manatee County will involve dealing with the insurance companies. Multiple types of insurance coverage may be available to you, and knowing what type(s) of coverage to seek in what amount(s) is critical. Our Manatee County car accident lawyers can explain everything you need to know about:
1. Health Insurance
After being injured in a car accident, one of the first things you should do is seek treatment for your injuries. Since you haven’t resolved your car accident claim yet, you can use your health insurance coverage for now. At some point, your health insurance company may be entitled to reimbursement (or “subrogation”), but this is a matter that your Manatee County car accident attorney can handle for you if necessary.
2. Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal injury protection (PIP) is auto insurance that covers the policyholder in the event of a crash. This is “no fault” insurance coverage that is mandatory under Florida law. PIP provides coverage for medical expenses and lost wages; and, while your insurance company should pay regardless of fault, you will most likely need a Manatee County car accident attorney to help you obtain the full coverage to which you are entitled under your auto insurance policy.
3. Bodily Injury Liability (BIL)
Bodily injury liability (BIL) is auto insurance that covers other drivers’ and passengers’ losses when the policyholder is responsible for causing a crash. Under Florida’s “no fault” insurance law, you can only file a BIL claim if you suffered a “significant” or “permanent” injury in your crash. Additionally, since BIL coverage is not mandatory in Florida, many drivers unfortunately do not have this coverage.
4. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UIM)
Since many Florida drivers don’t have BIL coverage, we strongly recommend that everyone purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage from their auto insurance company. This coverage applies in a few different scenarios: (i) if you are hit by an uninsured driver, (ii) if you are hit by a driver who only has minimal BIL coverage, and (iii) if you are injured in a hit-and-run accident. Similar to BIL insurance, UIM insurance is fault-based coverage, which means proving your right to payment depends on establishing the fault of the other uninsured motorist.
5. Commercial General Liability (CGL)
While driver error is the most common cause of car accidents, other factors can lead to accidents as well. For example, some accidents are the result of vehicle defects and negligent vehicle maintenance. If one of these non-driver-related factors played a role in your crash, our Manatee County car accident lawyers may be able to help you obtain a settlement under the at-fault company’s commercial general liability (CGL) policy. CGL coverage can also be available when an at-fault driver is working at the time of the collision.
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
5 Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Manatee County
Regardless of the type(s) of insurance coverage available to you, there are some important steps you need to take after a car accident in Manatee County. If you have been injured in a car accident, you should:
1. Seek Medical Treatment Promptly
Seeking medical treatment promptly is important for two reasons. First, it will improve your chances of making a full and speedy recovery. Second, it will minimize the challenges involved in pursuing just compensation for the accident. If you wait to seek treatment, the insurance companies will try to claim that your injuries are not accident-related.
2. Report Your Car Accident
In Manatee County, you are required to report your car accident to the police if it resulted in injuries or property damage of at least $500. You are almost certainly also required to report the accident to your insurance company under the terms of your policy. If you aren’t sure what to do, or if you simply want help, we are more than happy to assist you.
3. Get In the Habit of Keeping Records
From photos you took at the scene of the accident to your medical records and bills, be sure to keep everything you have related to your car accident. Going forward, try to get in the habit of keeping all of your accident-related records in a safe place, and try to keep a daily journal where you record your injuries’ day-to-day effects.
4. Be Careful to Protect Your Legal Rights
From ignoring your doctor’s advice to trying to deal with the insurance companies on your own, there are lots of mistakes you need to avoid after a car accident in Manatee County. You need to be careful to protect your legal rights, and this starts with knowing what to do and what mistakes to avoid.
5. Talk to a Manatee County Car Accident Lawyer
A Manatee County car accident lawyer at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can explain everything you need to know in order to protect your legal rights. Your lawyer can also deal with the insurance companies for you, accurately calculate your losses, and take your case to court if necessary. Hiring a lawyer costs nothing out-of-pocket—in fact, you won’t owe us any fees or costs unless we obtain a recovery in your case.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Is It Expensive To Hire a Manatee County Car Accident Attorney?
Many car accident victims who come to us for help have concerns about the cost of hiring an attorney. They are worried that it will be expensive, and they worry that at some point there will be hidden fees they have to pay.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we are completely transparent about what our clients might need to pay. Hiring our lawyers is not expensive—it truly costs nothing out-of-pocket meaning you will not pay any fees or costs unless we win. When you choose our firm to handle your car accident case in Manatee County:
- Your initial consultation is completely free. If you decide not to move forward for any reason, you won’t have to pay for the advice you received.
- We will advance the costs of pursuing your claim. It takes money to successfully pursue a car accident claim. We will advance the costs of pursuing your claim, and we will only recover these costs and fees if your claim is successful.
- We will explain our fee structure in advance. Before you hire us to represent you, we will clearly outline the fees and costs you will have to pay if your claim is successful. This way, there are no surprises at the end of your case.
- We will help you decide when (and if) to settle. Since our legal fees are calculated as a percentage of your recovery, we will help you understand your “take home” amount so that you can make informed decisions about when (and if) to accept a settlement.
Get a Free Consultation with a Manatee County Car Accident Attorney
Were you injured in a car accident in Manatee County? Contact us to get the help you need to recover the compensation you deserve. Call 866-984-9268 or send us a message online to get started with a free initial consultation 24/7.