New Port Richey Slip And Fall Lawyer
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident in New Port Richey, you could have the right to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other damages.
Property owners and managers have an obligation under the law to maintain their property in a way that does not pose significant risk to others.
The experienced premises liability lawyers of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk understand the challenges you’re facing. We have more than 30 years of experience in defending the legal rights of the wrongfully injured. We understand what it takes to protect your interests and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Contact one of our New Port Richey slip and fall lawyers now for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. We will explain your options and help you get started with the legal process.
What is the Average New Port Richey Slip and Fall Settlement Value?
Although some victims of slip and fall accidents do not suffer significant or life-threatening injuries, other victims do not fare as well. Slip and fall accidents can leave victims with long-term or permanent injuries or disabilities. In some cases, victims may suffer fatal injuries.
Florida poses a significant risk for these types of injuries. In fact, according to the Florida Department of Health, slip and fall accidents are the second leading cause of death and the number one reason for emergency room visits.
Depending on the details of your case, you could be entitled to recover compensation for some or all of the following:
- Emergency transport and treatment,
- Medical testing,
- Physician services,
- Surgeon services,
- Medications and medical devices,
- Rehab and physical therapy,
- Lost wages and benefits, and
- Pain and suffering.
You could also be entitled to pursue compensation for future lost income and benefits, any future medical treatment and care you require, diminished quality of life, and diminished earning capacity.
Because slip and fall injuries can be so severe, settlement values often tend to be higher than many other types of personal injury claims. Unfortunately, because every victim is different, we cannot estimate an average claim or settlement value. The best way to determine what your claim value might be is to seek help from an experienced Florida slip and fall accident lawyer.
What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
After any type of injury accident, the most important consideration is your safety and well-being. Seek medical attention immediately, even if you don’t believe you sustained serious injuries. If you don’t get checked out by emergency medical technicians at the scene of your accident, go to the emergency room as soon as possible. This ensures you get the treatment you need and establishes the basis for your injury claim.
If you can safely do so, take photos of the scene of your slip and fall accident. Talk to any witnesses that are present and get their contact information. If you fell inside a business, such as a store or mall, you may be required to file a report with the manager on duty. Take care to not say anything that could jeopardize your claim or admit any fault in the accident. Even a casual comment such as, “Oh, I’m just clumsy” could be used against you later to deny your claim or minimize your claim value.
Finally, contact a New Port Richey slip and fall attorney as soon as you can. Collecting evidence at the scene and taking witness statements are critical to building your case. The sooner you can get your attorney started, the better.
What Are the Most Common Slip and Fall Injuries?
Premises liability accidents can cause all kinds of injuries, ranging from mild to severe. In New Port Richey, these are some of the most common types of slip, trip, and fall injuries:
- Sprains and fractures,
- Joint dislocations,
- Spine and nerve injuries,
- Head injuries, and
- Neck and back injuries.
Severe injuries resulting from a fall can affect your life for months or even years. If you’re facing a long, painful road to recovery, you will need the financial assistance that a settlement can provide. In some cases, victims are not able to work after a serious slip and fall injury or cannot return to their prior job duties. In that case, having an attorney to fight for your future can be invaluable. A settlement can help ensure you get the medical treatment you need and help cover your expenses until you can get back to work.
How Long Will It Take to Settle My Slip and Fall Injury Case?
Just as we cannot estimate an average slip and fall settlement amount, it is impossible to determine how long your case may take to settle. In most cases, we can negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company, getting a check in your hand as quickly as possible. In other cases, however, we may have to take your case to court.
When you contact us for a free case evaluation, we explain the legal process and, based on the details of your case, provide our estimate of how long it might take to resolve your claim.
Talk to a Florida Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
Building a persuasive slip and fall case can pose a challenge. However, we understand this complex area of the law and know how to demonstrate the elements of negligence. In our more than 30 years of handling personal injury cases for clients in New Port Richey, we have assisted more than 20,000 clients and recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on their behalf. on their behalf. Although these case results might not reflect the outcome of your case, you can see how hard we work to get justice for our clients.
Before you talk to the insurance company about any possible settlement or provide any recorded statement, reach out to Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to learn more about your options. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation or to discuss your case with one of our New Port Richey wrongful death attorneys.
New Port Richey, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Slip & Fall Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Holiday, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- North Port, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Safety Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Seminole, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!