Pinellas Park Car Accident Lawyers
You were injured in a car accident. What now? While you have legal rights, you must be careful to protect them, and it is important that you speak with a Pinellas Park car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Our lawyers have been representing car accident victims in Pinellas Park for more than 30 years. Here are just some of the reasons why local residents trust us in their times of need:
- Our Reputation for Excellence. Our lawyers are highly respected by their peers in the legal community. We have an A+ rating with the BBB, and we have been named a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News and World Report.
- Our Track Record of Success. Over the past 30+ years, we have helped more than 20,000 clients recover just compensation. The vast majority of our clients’ cases settle, and we have obtained numerous six, seven, and even eight-figure settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our Contingency-Fee Representation. We represent all of our car accident clients on a contingency-fee basis. This means you don’t pay anything up front, and you don’t pay anything at all, fees or costs, unless we help you recover damages for your accident-related losses.
- Our Client Reviews and Testimonials. “They go above and beyond for their clients!” “2nd time I hired Abrahamson and Uiterwyk and was just as pleased with the result as the 1st time!” When it comes to client satisfaction, we let our clients speak for themselves.
- Our Commitment to Our Clients. Above all, we are relentlessly committed to securing just compensation for our clients. When you choose our firm to represent you, we will do everything we possibly can to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
Get A Free Case Evaluation
What are Your Options After a Car Accident in Pinellas Park?
When you get injured in a car accident, there are several possible scenarios. You could have a claim under your own auto insurance policy. You could have a claim under the other driver’s auto insurance policy. You could have a claim against a third party. Or, you could have some combination of the above.
As soon as you engage our firm to represent you, we will conduct a comprehensive investigation focused on determining the cause of your car accident. We will also begin working diligently to make sure we have the information we need to prove your current and future losses. Depending on what these efforts uncover, we will then pursue one or more of the following claims on your behalf:
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Facts for Pinellas Park Car Accidents
If you have auto insurance, you have personal injury protection (PIP). This is mandatory coverage under Florida law. While insurance companies must provide PIP coverage on a no-fault basis (meaning they must pay regardless of who is at fault in an accident), securing payment under your PIP policy can still prove challenging. Our Pinellas Park car accident lawyers can deal with your insurance company for you, and we can help make sure you receive the coverage you’ve paid for.
The Other Driver’s Auto Liability Policy
If the other driver was at fault in your accident, we can seek additional compensation under his or her insurance policy. However, in addition to proof of fault, this also requires proof of a “significant” or “permanent” injury under Florida law in order to recover all of your damages. Our lawyers can use their experience to prove your right to legally recover, and they can fight to obtain maximum financial compensation on your behalf.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UIM)
Florida has one of the highest rates of uninsured drivers in the country. Additionally, even if a driver has insurance, this insurance might not be enough to fully cover your accident-related losses. If you have an uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) policy, you can use it to seek additional compensation in the event that the other driver doesn’t have the coverage you need.
But, unlike PIP, UIM requires proof of fault. So, even though filing a UIM claim involves dealing with your own insurance company, you will still need to prove that the other driver was to blame. Your insurance company will dispute your claim, and it will do everything it can to avoid paying you just compensation. Our Pinellas Park car accident lawyers will fight for the coverage you deserve, and they will not let your insurance company take advantage of you.
Driver negligence isn’t the only factor that can cause auto accidents. In fact, there are numerous other issues that can lead to serious and fatal collisions. If a vehicle defect, pothole, dangerous construction zone, or another similar type of issue played a role in your crash, you could have a third-party claim for damages.
Third-party claims can also involve seeking compensation from drivers’ employers, rideshare companies, bars, and other businesses. As your Pinellas Park car accident lawyers, we will evaluate all potential claims, and we will fight to make sure all appropriate parties are held accountable.
What Does it Take to Recover Just Compensation for a Car Accident in Pinellas Park?
In all cases, recovering just compensation for a car accident requires proof. It requires proof that you were injured in an accident, and it requires proof of how much the accident is going to cost you. When you choose our firm to represent you, our Pinellas Park car accident lawyers will use all of the following to convince the insurance companies that you are entitled to just compensation:
- Evidence from the Scene of the Accident – Skid marks, damaged railings, and barriers, broken signposts and trees, witness statements, traffic patterns, the police report, measurements, and various other types of evidence from the scene can help prove how and why an accident happened.
- Evidence from Other Sources – Employment records, phone records, traffic or surveillance camera footage, and other evidence from other sources can also help prove the cause of a crash.
- Proof of Your Injuries – Whether you have a PIP claim or a third-party claim, you will need proof that your injuries are accident-related. Our lawyers will make sure you have the medical records you need to establish your right to payment.
- Proof of Your Financial and Non–Financial Losses – Finally, we will use your medical records, employment records, expert testimony, testimony from friends and family members, and other evidence to prove your financial and non-financial losses. This includes your current and future medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.
Real Google Reviews for our Pinellas Park Personal Injury Law Firm Near You
The best lawyers in the Tampa Bay area!!! My father used them first and had a great experience as well. I couldn’t have asked for better communication with the paralegal, she kept me updated with my case throughout the entire process, which can be overwhelming at times. Also, they settled my case very very fast. I would highly recommend this firm to anybody needing a personal injury lawyer.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Pinellas Park?
To make sure our lawyers have time to collect this evidence and file a claim before your chance expires, there are some steps you should take right away. After a car accident in Pinellas Park, you should:
- Collect Your Records – This includes your copy of the police report, the other driver’s insurance information, your medical records, and anything else you may have that relates to the accident.
- Take Detailed Notes – The more details you can record, the better. Take the time to write down everything you remember from before, during, and after the collision.
- Schedule a Free Consultation – We have representatives available 24/7, and we can arrange for you to speak with one of our lawyers right away. Your initial consultation is free, and you pay nothing unless we win.
Frequently Asked Questions For Car Accident Lawyers in Pinellas Park, FL
Q: Do I Need a Lawyer to File a PIP Claim in Florida?
While you can try to file a PIP claim on your own, we don’t recommend it. Even though this is “no fault” coverage that is mandatory under Florida law, insurance companies still routinely try to deny their policyholders’ claims. Our lawyers can handle your PIP claim for you, and they can determine if you have a claim outside of PIP as well.
Q: What if My Insurance Company Blames Me for the Accident?
This is a common insurance defense tactic, and you should not fall for it. First of all, fault doesn’t matter when it comes to PIP coverage (except in some extreme cases). Second, if you have a claim outside of PIP, you should hire a lawyer to conduct an investigation and accurately determine fault based on a thorough assessment of the available evidence. These types of allegations are frequently false; and, even if you were partially at fault, you may still be entitled to partial compensation.
Q: When Should I Accept an Auto Insurance Settlement?
Deciding when to accept an auto insurance settlement requires an in-depth understanding of the facts of your case and the costs of your injuries. Unfortunately, many car accident victims settle their claims far too soon. Our Pinellas Park car accident lawyers can help you make informed decisions about settlement, and they will make sure you do not unknowingly settle for less than you deserve.
Here are some examples of Pinellas County clients who were injured and who needed our legal help, after their injury.
Talk to a Pinellas Park Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Were you injured in a car accident in Pinellas Park? If so, we strongly encourage you to contact us right away. To speak with an experienced Pinellas Park car accident lawyer about your situation in confidence, call (855) 293-5630 or get in touch online now.
Contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today to schedule a free initial consultation. Let us put our 30 years of experience to work for you and help you pursue the financial compensation you deserve.