Palm Harbor Slip and Fall Lawyers
Why Hiring an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Palm Harbor Can Help With Your Slip & Fall Case
“If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident in Palm Harbor, it is important that you speak with a lawyer about the recovery process. From medical bills to pain and suffering, the costs of these accidents can add up quickly, and property owners and businesses will be liable for victims’ losses in many cases.”
– Erik G. Abrahamson, Senior Partner
When you get injured on someone else’s property, there are many ways a Palm Harbor slip and fall lawyer can help you. From gathering evidence and speaking with witnesses to calculating your losses and negotiating for a fair settlement, every step in the recovery process requires experienced legal representation.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our Palm Harbor slip and fall lawyers have decades of experience representing local residents. We have been handling slip and fall accident cases in Florida for more than 30 years, and we have helped thousands of clients recover just compensation.
Lawyers in Palm Harbor for All Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip and fall accident can happen in the blink of an eye. One moment everything is fine, and the next you find yourself in pain, unable to work, and facing a long road to recovery. Fortunately, you do not have to handle your situation on your own. Slip and fall accident victims in Palm Harbor are entitled to just compensation in many cases; and, if you have a claim, an experienced attorney at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Slip and fall accident victims in Palm Harbor can pursue compensation claims in a broad range of scenarios. Our lawyers handle all types of slip and fall accident cases in Palm Harbor, including those involving:
- Failure to place warning signs in front of slip hazards
- Loose or missing railings
- Slippery tile or hardwood floors
- Slips and falls caused by poor lighting
- Swimming pools
- Unsafe steps and stairways
- Wet leaves and other outdoor slip hazards
- Worn carpeting
These are just some of the most common examples. If you slipped and fell under any other circumstance in which you think the property owner may be responsible, we strongly encourage you to contact us before making any decisions. One of our Palm Harbor slip and fall lawyers will explain your legal rights for free, and we won’t charge you anything unless we help you recover just compensation.
|Initial Settlement Offer
|The A&U Difference
Proving Your Right to Compensation After a Slip and Fall Accident in Palm Harbor
Not every slip and fall accident on someone else’s property justifies a claim. In order to file a claim, you must be able to prove four key facts (or “elements”) under Florida law. These four key facts are:
1. The Property Owner Was Negligent
First, recovering financial compensation for a slip and fall accident requires proof of negligence. This negligence can take several different forms, from failing to fix a safety hazard (i.e., a cracked sidewalk or loose handrail) to failing to clean up or cordon off a spill. Negligence requires fault, so the simple existence of a hazardous property condition isn’t necessarily enough. For example, if you slipped on a spill that had just happened, the property owner may not have had time to clean it up—and this may provide the property owner with a defense. But, if the property owner knew (or even should have known about the spill), this can be enough to establish negligence in some cases.
2. The Property Owner Owed You a Duty of Care
The second key element of a slip and fall accident claim is proof that the property owner owed you a duty of care. Under Florida law, property owners in Palm Harbor owe differing duties depending on why someone is on their property:
- Business Visitor – When you are shopping at a store or visiting any other type of business, the owner owes a duty of care to remedy (or at least warn of) any hazards of which the owner is or should be aware.
- Guest – When you are a guest on someone else’s property, the owner owes a duty of care to remedy (or at least warn of) any known safety hazards.
- Trespasser – When you are trespassing on private property, the owner owes a duty of care not to intentionally cause you harm.
3. The Property Owner’s Negligence Led to Your Slip and Fall
The third key element is proof of “causation.” Even if the property owner owed you a duty and was negligent, the owner is not liable unless the owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall. For example, let’s say you slipped and fell down a set of stairs that had a loose handrail. If you did not try to grab the handrail (and were unaware it was loose), then the property owner’s negligence was not a causal factor, and it would not entitle you to financial compensation under Florida law.
4. You Suffered Injuries in Your Slip and Fall Accident
The final key element of a slip and fall accident claim is proof of injury. If you were not injured, then you do not have any losses to recover. Of course, if you are thinking about hiring a Palm Harbor slip and fall lawyer, you most likely were injured, and this means that you may be entitled to financial compensation if you (or your lawyer) can prove the other three key elements discussed above.
Proving Your Losses After a Palm Harbor Slip and Fall Accident
So, let’s assume that you were injured in an accident caused by a property owner’s negligence. What losses are you entitled to recover? Just as important, how do you calculate the value of your claim?
Slip and fall accident victims in Palm Harbor are entitled to financial compensation for all of the financial and non-financial costs they incur as a result of their injuries. This includes medical bills, lost earnings, and other out-of-pocket costs, and it also includes things like pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life. To determine how much you are entitled to recover, our Palm Harbor slip and fall attorneys will take steps including:
1. Adding Up Your Losses to Date
How much have you incurred in medical bills? How many days have you missed from work? Have you had to pay for transportation or incur other out-of-pocket expenses? Adding up these costs will be one of the first steps toward calculating the value of your claim.
2. Understanding Your Long-term Medical Needs
In addition to adding up your medical costs to date, our Palm Harbor slip and fall attorneys will also need to gain a clear understanding of your long-term medical needs. Florida law allows for the recovery of both current and future losses, so knowing how much your treatment is going to cost in the future is extremely important.
3. Calculating Your Loss of Future Earnings
Likewise, if you will miss additional time from work, our Palm Harbor slip and fall attorneys will need to calculate your lost future earnings. This takes into account your current income and benefits as well as the number of days (or months or years) you will be unable to work. If you will be able to return to work in a limited capacity, our attorneys can seek compensation for your partial loss of income.
4. Placing a Dollar Value on Your Other Losses
Beyond calculating the financial costs of your accident, our Palm Harbor slip and fall lawyers will also need to place a dollar value on your non-financial losses. How much do you deserve for your pain and suffering? Your emotional trauma? Your loss of enjoyment of life? Answering these questions is not easy, but it is extremely important. Our lawyers will rely on their decades of relevant experience to seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
We Handle Cases Involving All Types of Properties and Businesses
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. Regardless of where your accident happened and who (or what company) owns the property, you should speak with a Palm Harbor slip and fall accident lawyer about your legal rights. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we handle cases involving accidents occurring on all types of public and private properties, including:
- Apartment and condo buildings (including common areas and individual units)
- Bars, nightclubs, and restaurants
- Entertainment and hospitality venues (including hotels, theaters, resorts, and others)
- Doctor’s offices, clinics, and hospitals
- Nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Parking lots and parking garages
- Private residences
- Professional offices (including accountants, financial advisors, real estate agents, and others)
- Retail stores, shopping malls, and shopping centers
- Sidewalks and other public spaces
Get Free Advice From a Palm Harbor Slip and Fall Accident Attorney 24/7
Slip and fall accidents can be devastating, but you don’t have to let your accident take control of your life. Help is available, and you can get started with a free, no-obligation consultation 24/7. To speak with a Palm Harbor slip and fall accident attorney at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk as soon as possible, call 866-984-9268 or tell us how we can reach you online now.
Reviews From Our Palm Harbor Accident Clients
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
What Our Clients Say About Us On Google:
Palm Harbor, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Slip & Fall Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Holiday, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- North Port, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Safety Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Seminole, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!