Tampa Car Accident Lawyers
Injured in an accident and thinking about hiring a Tampa car accident attorney? If so, you’ve probably noticed that there are tons of accident law firms that want your case.
But here are some reasons why we believe we are your best choice:
- We have a reputation for excellence. That excellence has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report with a “Best Law Firm” rating, an A+ Rating with the BBB, and an “AV” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible rating.
- We’ve been around for over 30 years and have helped over 20k clients. When you hire Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to handle your Tampa accident injury claim you can be confident that we’re not some fly-by-night operation. We’re deeply committed to the Tampa community.
- You don’t pay us unless we win. It costs you nothing to hire our Tampa accident lawyers. We only take a fee if we successfully recover money for you. We also offer free consultations. If you think you might have a claim, we are ready to tell you for sure.
- We’re frequently referred cases by other attorneys and by former clients. We consider it a great compliment that our colleagues in the legal profession, and our former clients, think highly enough of our Firm to refer us to their friends and family.
- We’ve earned hundreds of positive client reviews. Perhaps the best indicator of the quality of our services is the kind words that our past clients have felt compelled to share. We encourage you to browse our reviews on Google, and to check out more written testimonials here.
- We are not afraid to take your case to trial. Many car accident injury law firms in Tampa want to settle your case as quickly as possible. While promptness is certainly a goal of ours, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if that’s what in your best interest. We encourage you to check out our history of jury verdicts and settlements here.
Not quite ready to speak with a Tampa car accident lawyer? Not to worry. Below you will find useful information that will help you understand what steps you ought to take as you navigate the aftermath of your auto accident.
The Correct Steps to Take After an Auto Accident
When you’ve been involved in a car accident, it can be physically and emotionally stressful. You can be disoriented and confused. But it’s important to stay calm and keep your head on straight. Here are some important steps you can take after a car accident.
1. Stay Safe
Pull over to the side of the road and ensure that you and the other people involved in the accident are safe. Safety should be your number one priority after a car accident. If anyone is seriously injured, contact an ambulance
2. Call the Police
It is always important to call the police after a car accident even if the other driver encourages you not to. The police will make a report at the scene. Get the name of the officer making the report and the report number so you can get a copy later.
3. Gather Information
Get the name, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver. You should also get the contact information of any passengers involved in the accident and any witnesses who may have seen what happened
4. Document the Scene
Use your phone to take pictures of the scene, any property damage, and any injuries. You should also take a picture of the other car’s license plate.
5. Get Medical Treatment
If you’ve been critically injured, you will most likely be taken from the scene by ambulance. However, even if you feel that you haven’t been seriously injured, you should still seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Some injuries don’t present themselves right away, and you want to make sure you have documentation of any injuries.
6. Don’t Talk to the Insurance Company
The other driver’s insurance company will probably try to contact you and get you to make a statement about what happened. Remember that the insurance company is not on your side and that your words may be used against you later. The insurance company will want to record you, and have you sign various legal and medical releases.
7. Contact Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
Our experienced and trusted Tampa car accident lawyers can deal with the insurance company and help you pursue the maximum compensation for your car accident. The lawyers at Abrahamson & Uitweryk are here to help you through the process. We’d be happy to evaluate your case for free and answer any questions you may have. Let us show you how we can help. Contact us or call 800-753-5203 to schedule your free, immediate, and no obligation telephone consultation.
Why it’s Important to Act Quickly After a Tampa Car Accident
There are a number of reasons why it’s important to contact a qualified car accident attorney quickly.
For one, to preserve evidence. Especially evidence of car accidents can disappear quickly. Memories can get fuzzy, skid marks can fade, and preserving as much evidence as possible is critical to maximizing your chances of a full recovery.
For another, after a car accident, the insurance companies have already begun working on your case. They have likely already assembled their vast resources in an effort to minimize your case, injuries, and compensation. To protect yourself against the insurance companies’ proven tactics, you need an experienced, knowledgeable, and aggressive advocate on your side.
Finally, if you wait too long to file your claim, you could lose your rights entirely. Florida has a strict “statute of limitations” for personal injury claims. If you fail to take actin in time, then your claim may simply expire.
Our team of car accident attorneys, investigators, paralegals, and others are available and ready to get to work for you. Get a free case evaluation with no obligation.
Answers to Tampa Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
What Compensation am I entitled to in a Car Crash?
Auto accident victims in Florida can pursue compensation for any pain, suffering, or losses reasonably related to the negligence of the at-fault party. Courts commonly award compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Hospital stays
- Time away from work
- Loss of future wages due to inability to work
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
What if the Insurance Company Contacts Me?
You are not required to talk to the other side’s insurance company or to answer their questions. They don’t work for you, they don’t represent your best interests, and they will probably try to use your statements against you later. When you hire one of our attorneys, you can tell the insurance company to contact us instead. The insurance adjustor might make you a settlement offer. Don’t accept their offer until you’ve reviewed it with your lawyer.
What if I Was Hit by Someone with No Insurance?
Getting hit by a driver who doesn’t have enough (or any) auto insurance can be frustrating, and you might be tempted to panic. There is still hope, though. You might have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage through your own auto insurance provider without even realizing it. Otherwise, we might still be able to pursue compensation from your own insurer, from the at-fault driver directly, or from other responsible third parties. Don’t give up — talk to us first.
How Can I Possibly Afford an Attorney?
Most of the clients we work with are in a tough economic situation. After all, you’ve just been in an accident, and that is never easy on anyone’s wallet. Don’t worry. We are proud to offer The Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Guarantee: No Costs or Fees Unless We Win!
Our firm operates on a 100% contingency basis. That means we don’t charge you a penny unless we win or settle your case. Your financial situation does not have to stand in the way of justice.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Claim?
Yes. Florida applies very strict time limits on car accident claims. If you miss it, you’ll lose your chance to pursue compensation through the state legal system.
It’s also important to note that the time limit applies to the actual filing of the lawsuit. There is a lot that needs to be done before that happens, though, and it can take some time. While we will always work hard to meet your deadlines, it is unwise to wait too long on an accident claim. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can start taking your next steps together. Please don’t risk running out of time.
What Can I Expect from my Accident Lawyer?
Navigating through the insurance and legal process can be confusing and frustrating, especially when you are also dealing with injuries. More importantly, dealing with insurance companies without experienced legal assistance will likely result in receiving far less compensation or nothing at all.
The big insurance companies are not necessarily there to help you. They hope to pay injured victims the smallest amount possible. Having a highly skilled Tampa car accident lawyer advocating for you offers you the best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve.
When working with our personal injury law team, you can expect us:
- To conduct a thorough investigation of all the facts related to your case.
- To identify all responsible parties and insurance coverages.
- To file a No-Fault claim to initiate payments of your medical bills and lost wages.
- To handle all communication with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- To provide excellent communication by promptly answering your calls and keep you updated of new developments in your case.
- To obtain all pertinent documentation to substantiate your injury claim.
- To aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies to seek the compensation you deserve.
- To fight for your rights in trial when necessary.
- To never charge fees or costs unless you win.
Common Types of Tampa Auto Accident & Injury Cases
Our Tampa car accident attorneys specialize in various practice areas and injury types, such as:
Types of Accidents:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck, Tractor Trailer and Semi-Truck Accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents (i.e., Uber and Lyft)
- DUI Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Types of Injuries:
- Spine, Back and Neck Injuries (including whiplash)
- Disc Herniations/Bulges
- Shoulder and Knee Injuries
- Broken Bones & Fractures
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Amputation Injury
- Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement
- Severe cuts and Bruises
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
Car Crash Statistics in Tampa / Hillsborough County FL
Since you’re here, you know that car crashes (ie. motor vehicle collisions) are not rare in Tampa Bay or throughout Hillsborough County. The crash statistics below (taken from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website) paint a picture of just how frequent and often devastating these vehicle collisions are.
- There were 29,037 total motor vehicle collisions in Hillsborough County.
- That means there is a crash in Hillsborough County every 18 minutes, or 80 crashes per day.
- Those crashes produced 20,114 injuries and 179 fatalities.
- Hillsborough County is home to roughly 6.7% of Florida’s population, but it produced 7.3% of the Florida’s total car crashes.
- It produced 5.7% of the total fatalities from car crashes.
- It produced and 7.9% of the total injuries from car crashes.
What are Tampa’s Most Dangerous Roads for Car Accidents?
In Tampa Bay, and Hillsborough County in particular, groups have put together the Vision Zero Action Plan in an effort to improve the safety of local roadways. In developing the plan, the group looked at severe crash data from 2012 to 2016 and determined the most dangerous roads in the Tampa Bay area. Some of those roads included:
Brandon Boulevard—from Falkenberg Road to Dover Road
The posted speed limit on this stretch of road is 45-50 miles per hour. It experienced 25 crashes per mile during the period in question. This stretch of road is home to many shopping centers and driveways, which leads to turning traffic into and out of the corridor.
Gibsonton Driver, Boyette Road—Interstate 75 to Balm Riverview Road.
The posted speed limit on this road is 45 mph. The road experienced 21 crashes per mile. Speeding and aggressive driving were common on this stretch of road.
Hillsborough Avenue—Longboat Boulevard to Florida Avenue
The posted speed limit on this road is 45-55 mph, and the road experienced 19.8 crashes per mile.
Fletcher Avenue—Armenia Avenue to 50thStreet
The posted speed limit on this road is 35-50 mph, and there were 19.6 crashes per mile. Drivers noted safety concerns regarding pedestrian behavior and newly installed crosswalks.
Dale Mabry Highway—Hillsborough Avenue to Bearss Avenue
The posted speed limit on this stretch of road is 45 mph, and there were 18.8 crashes per mile. Users of the road noted sidewalk camps and limited facilities for bicycles as safety factors.
Lynn Turner Highway—Gun Highway to Erlich Road
This roadway’s posted speed limit is, and there were 18.5 crashes per mile. Aggressive driving, frequent left turns, and rear-end collisions were contributing factors in the number of accidents.
Big Bend Road—U.S. 41 to I-75
The posted speed limit is 55 mph, and there were 16.6 crashes per mile. Drivers noted the need for the road to be repaved and the corridor to be restriped.
Recent Car Accidents in the Tampa Metro-Area
Example Case Results for Real Tampa Car Accident Clients
When it comes right down to it, the most important trait of the car accident lawyer that you hire is their ability to deliver you a favorable settlement or jury verdict. Below are a few examples of our results for Tampa auto accident injury clients.
Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case.