Lakeland Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents are a common source of injury in every state. Each year, over a million people around the country experience a slip and fall injury.
People can sustain a wide range of injuries in a slip and fall accident, from minor bruises to broken bones, head injuries, and more.
If you or someone you know recently suffered a slip and fall accident, it is a good idea to talk to a Lakeland slip and fall lawyer about how you might receive compensation.
Types of Slip and Fall Cases We Handle
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has achieved excellent results in a wide range of slip and fall cases. We have experience helping clients with:
- Slippery or unsafe surfaces;
- Wet floor accidents; and
- Falls on escalators or stairs.
We have fought to get compensation for clients with a wide range of injuries. This includes short-term injuries as well as injuries that become long-term issues, such as chronic knee injuries. Whatever your situation, our firm has the experience you are looking for to achieve optimal results.
Florida Slip and Fall Settlements
The amount of your settlement and how quickly you are able to resolve your case depends on the details of your situation. Disputes over certain facts surrounding your slip and fall can cause your case to take longer to reach a settlement.
For example, if it is not clear that the owner of the property where you fell is at fault, you will have to establish fault before you can reach a settlement. Maybe the negligence of a third party other than the property owner is arguably the cause of your accident.
In addition, the negligent party can claim that you were not lawfully on the premises when you slipped and fell. You will have to resolve this issue before you can settle your case. Other factors that can affect the amount of your settlement or the length of your case include:
- Whether your own negligence contributed to the accident;
- Disputes about damages; and
- The severity of your injuries.
The Lakeland slip and fall lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk will help you resolve the disputed issues in your case in the most beneficial way possible.
Florida is a modified comparative negligence state. This means that if you are found to be no more than 50% at fault for the accident, your recovery is reduced by the same proportion as your percentage of fault. As an example, if you are found to be 20% at fault in an accident, you may still recover 80% of your damages in a lawsuit. If, however, your percentage of fault is found to be more than 50%, you are barred from any recovery under the law.
What Kind of Damages Can I Receive?
Depending on the details of your case, you may be eligible to receive compensation for both economic and non-economic losses. Economic damages cover financial losses that occurred as a result of your accident.
If you could not work because of the injuries you sustained in your fall, you can get compensation for lost wages as part of your damages award. In addition, your medical bills may be covered by your settlement.
Non-economic damages compensate for losses that are not financial. These damages include:
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of enjoyment of life; and
- Mental suffering caused by your injuries.
It can be difficult to estimate the monetary value of these categories of damages. For example, if you can no longer engage in an activity that you once enjoyed, it is hard to calculate a financial value that compensates you for the loss of enjoyment of that activity.
The experienced Lakeland slip and fall attorneys in our office will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
If you have not done so already, you should seek medical attention for any injuries or pain. Your health and well-being should always be the first priority. Even if you are only experiencing minor pain and do not think you have any serious injuries, you should see a doctor.
This is especially true when it comes to head injuries. Sometimes concussion symptoms do not become apparent right away. Fast treatment is the key to a complete recovery after a slip and fall that results in a head injury.
A doctor will also keep medical records of your injuries and treatment, and these documents can be useful if you decide to file a lawsuit. Records of treatment can help you prove the amount of damages the other party owes you for your medical bills.
Medical records and a doctor’s diagnosis can also help you establish that the fall, and not a prior accident, caused your injuries.
It can also be useful to write out a description of the accident as soon as possible. Your memory can fade over time, and you never know which details can prove useful to your case.
Recording your recollections in writing can be useful evidence if you cannot recall the exact details at a later date. Think about where on the premises you slipped.
Record the time and date to the best of your ability. Were there wet floor signs or other warnings of dangerous conditions? Did anyone else witness the accident?
Finally, contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident can help. The Lakeland slip and fall attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk know how to gather evidence and take witness statements before too much time has passed after the accident.
Why Abrahamson & Uiterwyk?
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk will handle your case with a level of compassion and integrity. We make sure we are available to answer your questions throughout your case, and we will advocate aggressively for your rights.
Our attorneys have more than three decades of experience handling personal injury claims, and we are not afraid to take your case to trial. We have a long history of satisfied clients and impressive results including:
- $689,000 slip and fall: Client sustained a back injury after a slip and fall at Walmart;
- $650,000 trip and fall: Client tripped over cables and fell headfirst into a concrete barrier; and
- $300,000 trip and fall: Client tripped and fell over a rolled-up rug and sustained shoulder and wrist injuries, both requiring surgery.
These are just a few examples of the results we have achieved for our clients. Call or text our office today to start discussing your slip and fall case with a personal injury attorney in Lakeland.
Lakeland, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Slip & Fall Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!