New Port Richey Car Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one injured in a Florida car accident? Is another driver responsible for your injuries?
Understandably, you may be wondering what to do next and whether you need to retain a New Port Richey car accident attorney.
Pursuing an injury claim with the other driver’s insurance is not a straightforward process. You need someone who can protect your rights and help you fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Consider setting up an initial consultation with an experienced attorney who can advise you on the best course of action.
If you need assistance with a car wreck injury claim in New Port Richey, Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is here to help. We will work tirelessly to hold the liable party responsible for your injuries.
Get Legal Support From a Nearby Car Accident Lawyer
While there are other New Port Richey car accident law firms to choose from, we believe Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is your best choice.
We have over three decades of experience protecting the rights of injured Florida car accident victims. During this time, we’ve represented well over 20,000 clients who were injured due to someone else’s negligence or intentional actions.
We are proud of our case results and proud of the jury verdicts that we have obtained at trial, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Some of these cases included multi-million-dollar settlements or jury awards. Many of our clients are satisfied with their results, expressing their thanks through various online reviews.
Our reputation for excellence has also been recognized industry-wide with accolades like:
- Best Law Firm rating by U.S. News and World Report;
- A+ Rating with Better Business Bureau; and
- AV Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, a national law firm rating system.
When you need to reach us, we will be available. We understand that availability matters. We always have someone on standby 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to speak with you when something happens. If you need a case evaluation day or night, we are here for you.
There are no upfront costs to hire our New Port Richey car accident attorneys either. We offer free initial consultations and a no-fee promise. What that means is that you incur no costs or fees unless you win.
When we say we are committed to our communities, we mean it. Through our Safe Driving Scholarships initiatives and No DUI Free Sober Rides, we strive to make our local communities and roads safer for everyone.
Directions to Our New Port Richey, FL Office
Steps to Take Following the Accident
In the moments following an accident, you are likely confused and disoriented. It’s crucial that you remain calm and get yourself somewhere safe.
If anyone at the scene is seriously injured, you need to contact 911 to send an ambulance and the police. Even if there are no serious injuries, you should contact the police.
Exchange information with involved parties. Be sure to get the other driver’s insurance information and any contact information for witnesses.
Document the Scene
If you are able, try to document the scene. Take photos of the vehicle damage, license plate, injuries, and other vital details. Was it raining or was a stop sign obscured? Any details that can help your claim are important to document.
If you are not transported to the hospital from the accident scene, be sure to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be immediately present, so don’t assume you are fine if you don’t feel pain immediately after the accident.
Talk to a Car Wreck Lawyer
Avoid talking to the other party’s insurance company or giving a statement while unrepresented. The insurance company is looking for any information they can use against you.
When You Don’t Need a Car Accident Attorney
Not every accident in Florida warrants hiring a car accident attorney to represent you. There are some types of cases where you may not need a New Port Richey car accident attorney.
The first scenario is when you did not suffer any injuries. There are some car accidents where no one was injured or there was no one else involved.
Before you decide that your case doesn’t warrant hiring an attorney, contact us for a free consultation to be sure. You may have overlooked some crucial details about your case that could make it worth more than you realize.
When You Do Need a Car Accident Lawyer
The accident scenarios where you should hire an attorney usually far outweigh the times you shouldn’t. When any of the following conditions apply, you should contact an attorney:
- Someone in your vehicle has severe injuries;
- Someone died from their injuries;
- Three or more vehicles were involved;
- Liability is disputed or details surrounding the accident are complicated;
- You missed more than a few days off work;
- You have non-economic losses like pain and suffering;
- The other driver’s insurance has denied your claim; or
- The other party involved was driving a large truck, riding a motorcycle, or was pedestrian.
During your consultation, our New Port Richey personal injury attorneys will go over all the specifics of your case and provide you with an evaluation. We will let you know what we think your potential settlement value is, which can help you decide whether to hire an attorney.
Will My Case Go to Trial?
It may surprise you to learn that most cases resolve long before a trial. Some cases resolve through pre-litigation settlement negotiations with the other party’s insurance company.
If liability is disputed or your case is nearing the statute of limitations, we will file a lawsuit. Once your case is in litigation, numerous things happen before a judge ever sets a trial date.
If your case does appear to be headed to trial, we will prep you on everything that will happen and let you know what to expect.
How We Will Help With Your Case
Once you retain us to handle your case, we will handle all the intimating and challenging tasks you were likely to stress over.
Our auto wreck attorneys will take over communications with the other party’s insurance company and handle all negotiations. We will conduct our own independent investigation, talk to witnesses, gather your medical reports, and more.
Because we are not involved right from the start, collecting evidence can be challenging in some situations. That’s why it’s essential that you get contact information for witnesses at the scene of the accident, take photos of the damage, and document your injuries whenever possible.
Seeing a doctor right after the accident is also a crucial part of your claim. If you wait several weeks or a month to see a doctor, the other party’s insurance will claim you were not really injured in the accident or that something else caused your injuries in the meantime.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Near You
If you have questions on how a nearby New Port Richey car accident lawyer can help you, contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today to schedule a free consultation.
With over 30 years of experience assisting clients like you, we are well equipped to effectively handle your personal injury claim. Our priority is to help fight for the rights of injured victims. Let us fight for you too.
Get Your Accident Questions Answered
We receive a lot of questions from potential clients who want to know more about how the claims process works and their potential settlement amount. We’ve compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on New Port Richey car accidents.
Yes. If you have been injured in a collision with another vehicle, you should file a claim with your insurance company promptly. However, you should also be very careful about what you say to the adjuster or representative. If you give a recorded statement, it will only be used against you. Learn more about what to do after a car accident in 7 Important Things to Do After a Car Accident.
What you can recover will depend on the specific details of your accident, who is liable, etc. In a car accident claim, essentially all injuries are eligible for compensation. Some of the most common types of compensation injured victims receive include:
- Medical expenses, including future treatment costs;
- Lost wages;
- Potential loss of future earning capacity;
- Physical damage repairs to your vehicle;
- Out-of-pocket costs and other incidentals;
- Physical pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish; and
- Loss of companionship, support, and enjoyment of life.
In limited cases, you may be eligible to receive punitive damages as well.
Do not make the common mistake of assuming that you cannot collect any compensation if the accident was partially your fault. Just because a traffic officer claims it’s your fault, it doesn’t mean you cannot pursue an injury claim.
Even if you share some responsibility for the accident, Florida law allows you to recover a portion of your damages.
Proven Results: Our New Port Richey Car Accident Case Settlement Examples Speak for Themselves
$750,000 / MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT / PARALYSIS / PASCO COUNTY, FL
69-year old male client was paralyzed when the defendant lost control of her vehicle and crashed into the client’s vehicle. We obtained the maximum available insurance proceeds on behalf our client in this case.
$600,000 / MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT / PASCO CO.
41-year old disabled male was struck at an intersection and suffered multiple herniations of his lumbar discs and underwent surgery and a fusion.
$525,000 / MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT / PASCO CO.
Client was in the median waiting to make a U-turn, the defendant, who was traveling southbound, left the roadway, crashed through a road sign and collided with client. This caused client’s vehicle to collide sideways with another car. Our client sustained significant back injuries which led to surgery.
$500,000 / MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT / BRAIN INJURIES / PASCO COUNTY, FL
41-year old male was severely injured while crossing the street. The driver of the defendant vehicle was in the scope and course of his employment at the time of the accident and struck the plaintiff who was a pedestrian. As a result, the plaintiff sustained severe head injuries as well as numerous broken bones throughout his body.
Car Wreck Injury Cases in New Port Richey, FL That We’ve Handled
Our New Port Richey auto accident injury law firm has been defending Pasco County victims for more than three decades. In fact, many of our car injury law firm employees live in Pasco County. We have represented hundreds (if not thousands) of injured Pasco County citizens. Below, you’ll see some photos from just some of the actual New Port Richey clients’ cases who were injured in a vehicle crash and needed our legal help.
Car Crash Statistics in New Port Richey / Pasco County FL
A large percentage of serious bodily injuries in the United States are the result of some sort of automobile collision, and the case is no different in New Port Richey.
Breaking it down further, we see that of those 100 automobile-related fatalities in Pasco County:
- 10 involved bicyclists
- 25 involved motorcyclists
- 20 involved pedestrians
- 7 involved hit-and-runs (and 1,680 of the 7,505 total crashes were of the hit-and-run variety)
New Port Richey, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Car Wreck Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!