Spring Hill Bicycle Accident Lawyer
There are so many great reasons to bike in Spring Hill, Florida. The weather is beautiful throughout most of the year, and biking is an eco-friendly, fun, and often convenient method of transportation.
Whether you are commuting or just enjoying the great outdoors, biking is a great way to be active and healthy.
Despite all the benefits of biking, this activity does come with a large risk. Florida is one of the top states for bicycle accidents.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles crash report, there were 5,934 bicycle accidents and 160 deaths across the state in 2020. There were 29 bicycle accidents reported in Hernando County.
Whether this is because of the large number of cyclists in Florida or unattentive vehicle drivers, being in a bicycle accident can be devastating. If you are injured because of someone else while biking, you should consider contacting a Spring Hill bicycle accident lawyer to determine your legal options for compensation.
What to Do After a Spring Hill Bicycle Accident
The way you respond immediately after an accident can make a difference in the results of your claim and the compensation you receive. Even if the event has already occurred, you may want to review what the proper procedures are to make the most out of the situation.
Your first step should always be to get to safety as soon as possible. Unlike a vehicle driver, you do not have any protection from additional traffic. Address all immediate medical concerns before anything else.
Report the Bicycle Accident
Once you have addressed any immediate or life-threatening medical concerns, call the police. It is important to report the accident even if you do not think you were injured or your bicycle damaged. Pain can be masked by adrenaline, and by the time you are aware of injury, it could be much more complicated to file a report.
Even damage to your bicycle may not be evident without a thorough inspection. Florida Motor Vehicles Statute § 316.065 requires that an accident be reported if the result is a personal injury or property damage exceeding $500. The details of this report will be important to proving your case.
Do Not Admit or Imply Fault
You should never lie to the police or an insurance company, but you do not have to volunteer information. Anything that you say to the police, the other party, or the insurance company could potentially be used against you later.
Do not apologize for anything regarding the accident or imply that you were at fault. Being partially to blame does not prevent you from bringing a claim, but it is best to take time and analyze the event once the initial shock has worn off.
You should avoid talking to the other party’s insurance company. Those conversations should ideally be handled by a Spring Hill bicycle accident lawyer.
Gather Your Own Evidence
Though the police should keep thorough records, it is in your best interest to take photos of the accident scene. This includes your bicycle, equipment, road conditions, and your injuries.
They may be important if there is a dispute. Document the names and contact information for witnesses, if available, and get the other party’s insurance information.
Preserve the Condition of Your Property
If you are in a bicycle accident, it is likely that there will be damage to your bicycle and equipment. The cost of a bicycle can range from a $20 trade to tens of thousands of dollars. Though you may want to rush to the nearest bike repair shop, you should first talk to a Spring Hill bicycle accident attorney about your rights.
There is even a chance that the other party’s insurance company may want to inspect the bike and gear before it is repaired. If you do have the bike repaired, have the shop document the damage for you.
Under Florida law, your car insurance must pay for your medical bills first, followed by your private health insurance. Make sure you ask your hospital or other medical providers to submit bills to these companies respectively. The at-fault party is not automatically responsible for these expenses.
Consult With a Spring Hill Bicycle Accident Lawyer
You may have a number of options on how to proceed in your claim against the at-fault party. An experienced Spring Hill bicycle accident lawyer or e-bike accident attorney will understand the intricacies of Florida statutes and personal injury law and be able to guide your next steps to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for a Bicycle Accident
If you are injured in a bicycle accident because of someone else’s negligent action, you should not be responsible for the expenses associated with those injuries or damage.
If you were also partially responsible for the accident, you may still receive compensation. This is why it is important to have a Spring Hill bicycle accident lawyer who can conduct a thorough investigation and determine what you are owed.
Generally, you may be entitled to economic damages for actual expenses incurred. These can consist of costs such as medical bills, lost wages for time off work, ongoing treatment, and property damage.
Non-economic damages are harder to prove but may be relevant depending on the circumstances of your accident and the extent of injuries. Pain and suffering, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress are examples of non-economic damages.
Hiring a Spring Hill Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies thrive on being able to offer lower settlements than you may be entitled to, and they have teams trained to defend their position. The team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has over 30 years of experience with cases like yours.
You should not have to face the complex legal system alone in a time where you should be focused on healing. Our team is committed to getting you the compensation you deserve.
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has received an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell (highest-possible rating) and achieved a “Best Law Firm” rating from US News & World Report. We offer free consultations to evaluate your case and will not receive any legal fees or costs unless we are successful with your case. Contact us for your free consultation. We can also assist you with motorcycle accidents, car accidents, medical malpractice cases, and more.
Spring Hill, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Bike Accident Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!