Spring Hill Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents happen when you least expect them. You may be running an errand, out to lunch, or going up an escalator when something gets in your way, causing you to fall.
You may suffer injuries and incur substantial medical expenses. You are not alone, and you may have legal options. If you have suffered a slip and fall accident, our Spring Hill slip and fall lawyers can help.
Why Abrahamson & Uiterwyk?
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has been helping injured victims for over thirty years. Our firm has had the privilege of representing over 20,000 clients, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements.
We are fully committed to providing clients with the highest quality legal representation and fighting for their rights and compensation. Our team takes an aggressive approach while treating clients with the kindness and compassion they deserve.
What to Expect From a Slip and Fall Settlement in Florida
No two slip and fall cases are alike, which means no two settlements are the same. There is no average settlement amount and no specific timeline to resolve your case. There are, however, certain factors that may affect your settlement and how quickly you can settle. These factors include:
- Whether you were lawfully on the premises at the time of the accident;
- Whether your actions contributed to the accident;
- The severity of your injuries;
- Whether there are disputed questions of fault; and
- Whether there are disputes about damages.
Your slip and fall lawyer will work diligently to resolve your case as soon as possible and seek the fairest settlement.
Florida Slip and Fall Law
Like any other state, certain laws govern slip and fall cases. Luckily, a slip and fall lawyer is thoroughly familiar with all laws regarding slip and falls. You can feel confident knowing your case is in the right hands.
Common Elements in a Slip and Fall Case
To establish liability in a slip and fall case, you must satisfy the following elements.
Breach of a Duty of Care
Property owners and occupiers typically owe individuals on their property a duty of care. You must prove the owner breached this duty.
The extent of a property owner’s duty in Florida varies depending on their relationship to you. Owners owe “invitee” visitors, such as customers on business premises, a high duty of care, which requires them to:
- Properly maintain the premises;
- Regularly inspect the premises for dangerous conditions;
- Clean up spills;
- Provide a warning for slippery surfaces or dangerous conditions; and
- Fix broken or uneven surfaces.
Owners owe “licensees,” such as social guests, a lesser duty of care. While the owner still must warn of known dangers that are not obvious, they don’t have to take active steps to seek out or remedy unsafe conditions.
The same duty is owed to discovered trespassers. However, if you are an undiscovered trespasser, the owner has no duty to protect you from harm except that they cannot intentionally harm you, such as by setting booby traps.
Once you’ve established that an owner breached their duty, you must then prove this breach was the cause of your accident. If a business owner failed to warn patrons of freshly waxed floors, for example, and you slipped and fell while walking on the floor, you could argue that the failure to warn you caused your accident.
Lastly, you must prove that your slip and fall accident resulted in damages, including injuries. You can accomplish this with specific documentation, including medical bills and proof of lost wages.
In most cases, property owners will argue you share some amount of blame for the accident. Florida is a modified comparative negligence state. This means that if you are found to be no more than 50% at fault for the accident, your recovery is reduced by the same proportion as your percentage of fault. As an example, if you are found to be 20% at fault in an accident, you may still recover 80% of your damages in a lawsuit. If, however, your percentage of fault is found to be more than 50%, you are barred from any recovery under the law.
Damages That Can Be Claimed
Damages vary by case and are dependent on an individual’s specific circumstances. Your attorney will evaluate the details of your case to calculate the damages owed to you. There are two main types of damages available in slip and fall cases: economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic, or special, damages are quantifiable, calculated with the help of evidence or supporting documents. These include things like:
- Medical expenses,
- Lost wages, and
- Property damage.
Noneconomic, or general, damages are more difficult to calculate. These may include:
- Pain and suffering,
- Mental and emotional anguish, and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Damages can be challenging to calculate, and you may be unaware of how much you are truly entitled to. Your Spring Hill slip and fall attorney will assign a monetary value to your case and help get you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Common Slip and Fall Incidents We Handle
Slip and fall accidents can happen in many places and a variety of ways. Some of the typical slip and fall incidents we handle include:
- Wet floors,
- Slippery surfaces,
- Stair and escalator accidents, and
- Broken or uneven surfaces.
Common injuries associated with slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken bones,
- Knee injuries,
- Neck and back injuries,
- Soft tissue injuries, and
- Head injuries.
Whatever your slip and fall accident looks like, an experienced Spring Hill slip and fall lawyer will be able to help.
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Case Results
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has had the opportunity to represent many clients throughout the years, resulting in many favorable outcomes. Some of our slip and fall case results include:
- $650,000 trip and fall: Client tripped over cables and fell headfirst into a concrete barrier.
- $689,000 slip and fall: Client sustained a back injury after he slipped and fell at Walmart.
- $300,000 trip and fall: Client tripped and fell over a rolled-up rug and sustained shoulder and wrist injuries, both requiring surgery.
While there are no guarantees for settlement amounts, Abrahamson & Uiterwyk works tirelessly to get clients the fairest settlement possible.
Why Hiring a Lawyer Can Help With Your Case
Hiring a slip and fall attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. A lawyer will handle your case from start to finish, taking care of the most critical parts of slip and fall cases, which include:
- Communicating with insurance companies,
- Gathering evidence,
- Determining liability,
- Calculating damages, and
- Engaging in settlement negotiations.
While settlement is usually the goal, your attorney will not back down and will continue to fight for your rights if your case needs to go to trial. To help you get the best resolution in your case, do not hesitate to contact a Spring Hill slip and fall lawyer.
Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries resulting from a slip and fall accident, contact Abrahamson & Uiterwyk. Our attorneys will provide legal advice and answer any questions you may have. The sooner you get started on your slip and fall case, the better. We offer a wide range of legal services to assist clients in various personal injury cases, including motorcycle accidents, car accidents, medical malpractice cases, and many more. If you’re seeking a skilled Spring Hill car accident attorney, we’re here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you.
If you’ve sustained injuries after your fall, seek medical attention right away. Also, be sure to report the accident to an owner or manager immediately. Then, contact a Spring Hill slip and fall attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, more than one entity may be held liable. For example, if the property occupier is renting the space, the tenant and the property owner may both be held responsible.
Many types of evidence can be useful in slip and fall cases. Some of the most used include:
- Photographs and videos,
- Surveillance footage,
- Eyewitness statements,
- Expert testimony, and
- Medical records.
Your slip and fall attorney will gather all relevant evidence to strengthen your case.
Spring Hill, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Slip & Fall Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!