Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg Near You
How a St. Petersburg Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With Your Case
Have you suffered a personal injury due to the negligence or reckless actions of another party? Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is among the longest-standing personal injury law firms in Pinellas County. Our tenacious injury attorneys have been committed to passionately serving the injured in St. Petersburg, FL since we opened our doors over 30 years ago.
- Our St. Petersburg, Florida injury lawyers have earned dozens positive of Google reviews.
- We’ve achieved an A+ Rating with the BBB.
- We’ve achieved a “Best Law Firm” rating by U.S. News and World Report.
- We’ve achieved an “AV Preeminent” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
- To best serve our clients we have chosen to focus our practice exclusively on personal injury law.
- We never charge an up-front fee. We always offer free case reviews, and we only take a fee if we recover money for you.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our experienced personal injury attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL can help whether you have been a victim injured in a car collision, motorcycle wreck, slip and fall, or other types of personal injury incidents. Our experienced team of injury lawyers, investigators and paralegals have the experience, compassion, and dedication to help you through this stressful time and fight to get the compensation you deserve.
Ready to get started on the road to recovery? Contact our law firm anytime for an immediate case review with a Florida personal injury lawyer.
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Injury Lawyers Often Get Injured Victims Significantly More Compensation
Being aggressive, persistent, and committed in our fight for our clients’ rights has gained the personal injury lawyers of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk a reputation for success, both with clients and insurance companies. We see firsthand how insurance companies treat injured victims like you. That is why we are tough on insurance companies. It is our job to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. Here are some of our St. Petersburg, Florida “client success stories” with the insurance company’s starting offer, as well as the final case result that we obtained for our injured clients.
|Initial Settlement Offer||Final Result|
The A&U Difference
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Not quite ready to schedule your free personal injury case review with an experienced St. Petersburg attorney in your area? No problem. This page has lots of useful information that will help you take the proper steps from here. Once you’re ready to talk, our St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers will be ready and waiting.
Types of St. Petersburg Personal Injury Cases We Most Often Handle
Our Florida injury law firm has deep and long-lasting connections to Pinellas County. Many of our lawyers attended law school at Stetson in St. Petersburg. A large number of our clients are residents of Pinellas County. We have helped our clients receive compensation for car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and more. Here are some photographs of St. Petersburg clients who entrusted us to represent them for their injuries.
St. Petersburg Personal Injury FAQs
Browse the questions and answers below to learn more about the personal injury process. You can also call our law office anytime to discuss these questions with a legal professional on our experienced staff. Calling us obligates you to nothing and gives you a chance to discuss the specifics of your case with an experienced St. Petersburg injury lawyer near you.
Q: What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured?
The single most important thing you must do after an injury-causing wreck in St. Petersburg, FL is to seek prompt medical attention. Next, protect your legal rights by contacting an experienced injury attorney near you as soon as possible. There are many complex legal steps involved in maximizing financial compensation for your injuries, and time is of the essence.
The insurance companies have already begun assembling their resources and working to minimize your case, injuries, and compensation. In addition, you could have a limited time to file a personal injury claim. To avoid making mistakes that could make it impossible for you to recover just compensation, you should contact a St Petersburg, FL injury attorney near you now. This will give you the best chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Q: Why Should I Seek Compensation For My Personal Injury?
When a collision that wasn’t your fault injures you, you shouldn’t have to take on the financial burden on your own. The medical bills incurred, lost wages from missing work and other expenses resulting from the crash can pile up. Seeking compensation will help you avoid the financial stress that a wreck can bring.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our trusted St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys can help streamline your personal injury claim and will handle every stage of the legal process while you focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Q: How Much Does It Cost to Hire a St. Petersburg Injury Attorney?
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we charge no fees or costs unless we win. This is known as “contingency” representation. It costs you nothing out of pocket to hire our injury attorneys, and you do not pay anything unless we help you secure just compensation.
Q: How Do I Know If I Actually Need to Speak with a Lawyer?
We recommend that anyone who has suffered serious injuries seek legal advice. The pitfalls of not hiring an experienced St. Petersburg personal injury attorney near you when you need one are substantial, and failing to protect your rights can have lifelong consequences. We offer free initial consultations, and we are happy to help you understand if you have a claim for financial compensation.
Q: What Sort of Damages Can I Be Compensated For?
While every personal injury claim and lawsuit under personal injury law are different, there are various damages that our St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys will focus on to secure maximum compensation for our clients’ injuries and losses. Such damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: These include any past and future medical expenses you incur as a result of your injuries.
- Lost Wages: Any past and future lost wages incurred as a result of your injuries are a key element of your injury claim and, with proper documentation, may be recoverable.
- Pain and Suffering: These are non-economic “general” damages that may be recovered for the physical and emotional pain victims suffer due to a collision.
- Punitive damages: These are damages intended in extreme cases of negligence or intentional wrongdoing to further punish the person or organization responsible for the collision in an effort for them to learn their lesson or dissuade others from acting in a similar manner.
Q: What Will a St. Petersburg Personal Injury Lawyer Do Once I Hire Them?
Our professional team of personal injury attorneys in St. Petersburg are aggressive and will fight for your rights. Here is how it all works:
- Case review: Your St Petersburg injury attorney will start with a free case evaluation to establish your rights and determine whether you have grounds to seek compensation.
- Collecting evidence: As soon as we establish you have a case, our injury attorneys will immediately conduct a thorough investigation to include obtaining the police report, police and witness statements, photographs of the scene as well as the property damage, etc. Our personal injury attorneys will also act quickly to identify all responsible parties and sources of compensation, immediately put the insurance companies on notice of our representation and begin collecting medical records to substantiate your personal injury claim.
- Expert Collaboration: With personal injury cases, it’s important to determine the full extent of your injuries to assess the current and future financial burdens so we can fight for the right amount of compensation. Your St Petersburg injury lawyer will work with medical professionals to objectively verify your injuries.
- Negotiation: Our St Petersburg injury lawyers will aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies to seek the compensation you deserve. Most of the time a fair settlement offer can be achieved without the need for litigation or trial.
- Trial and Representation: If we are unable to obtain a settlement on your behalf and we believe the insurance company is not making a fair offer, we will explore litigation and trial. Insurance companies are aware of our successful history of obtaining favorable results for our clients at trial.
Cases We Handle as Florida Personal Injury Lawyers Near You
Our experienced injury lawyers represent individuals in a wide variety of personal injury cases throughout St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, and all of Florida. We routinely handle cases involving:
Located between Tampa Bay and Florida’s gulf coast, St. Petersburg is a popular destination for both locals and visitors. While this is good for the local economy, it also means that St. Petersburg sees heavy traffic, especially during rush hour and on weekends. St. Petersburg is also home to Tropicana Field, the home stadium of Major League Baseball’s Tampa Bay Rays. Game days bring congestion to the city, I-275, and the other roads that connect St. Petersburg to the rest of the Tampa Bay area.
If you have been injured in a car collision in or near St. Petersburg, it is important that you have an experienced St. Petersburg car accident lawyer standing up for your legal rights. If another driver’s negligence, a car or road defect, or other issue is responsible for your injuries, Florida law entitles you to seek full and fair compensation for your injury-related losses. But, to recover just compensation, you need an experienced car accident injury team on your side. Learn more about our St Pete auto accident injury law firm.
When you’re injured in a motorcycle collision you may have a right to financially recover for your losses. You may deserve compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and even inconvenience. Florida law aims to help motorcycle crash victims be made as whole as possible after their injuries. Our team of St. Petersburg motorcycle accident lawyers can help you build your case and work towards seeking an optimal recovery in your case.
When you’ve been in an accident with an 18-wheeler or other large commercial truck in Florida – the results of a passenger vehicle accident with a large truck can be devastating. Our team of St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers is here to ensure you receive the care and compensation you are owed. We will build a case and ensure that the commercial trucking insurance company knows that we will not accept anything less than fair and complete compensation for your injuries so you can focus on your recovery.
When bicyclists are severely injured by careless or negligent motorists, they may be entitled to monetary compensation under Florida personal injury law.
In addition to pain and suffering, the victim may be entitled to compensation for hospital stays, medical bills, time away from work, loss of future income, emotional distress, any disability or impairment caused by the collision, and other costs reasonably related to the driver’s negligence. By hiring an experienced St. Petersburg bicycle accident lawyer, you can level the playing field. The focused, aggressive legal team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can confront the insurance company and apply leverage, making a compelling case for the value of your damages.
Other Practice Areas
Car Crash Statistics in St. Petersburg / Pinellas County FL
A car collision is the most likely way for the average American to suffer a serious injury, and the situation is no different for folks in St. Petersburg and Pinellas County. The statistics below were pulled from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website, and they highlight just how prevalent causing accidents are in St. Petersburg:
Breaking down the numbers further, we see that, in Pinellas County, there were:
- 4,985 hit-and-run accidents which resulted in 984 injuries and 10 deaths
- 502 pedestrian crashes which resulted in 37 deaths
- 503 motorcycle crashes which resulted in 27 deaths
- 622 bicycle crashes which resulted in 7 deaths
Sample St. Petersburg Personal Injury Client Results
Whether you’re looking for a St. Petersburg dog bite lawyer, St. Petersburg nursing home abuse lawyer, or a St. Petersburg slip and fall accident lawyer, we have achieved significant settlements and verdicts for people just like you. Below are a few examples of results we’ve fought to obtain for our St. Petersburg injury clients.
Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case.
Just One Of Our Many Reviews On Google For Our St. Petersburg Personal Injury Law Firm
And Read Reviews For Our St. Petersburg Personal Injury Office
St. Petersburg, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced St. Pete personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Personal injury lawyers in St. Pete
- Car accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Slip & fall lawyers in St. Pete
- Truck accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Bicycle accident lawyers in St. Pete
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in St. Pete
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Fosamax bisphosphonates lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in St. Pete
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Directions & Contact Info for Our St. Petersburg Law Office
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Injury Lawyers
1211 1st Ave N #209,
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers