St. Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer
While the dangers of car accidents in the United States are well known, truck accidents are less frequently discussed.
However, due to the sheer size and magnitude of force exerted by large 18-wheeler trucks, accidents involving trucks can be some of the most severe and devastating to be involved in.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were approximately 450,000 police-reported crashes involving large trucks in 2017. Of these, roughly 102,000 resulted in injuries, and nearly 5,000 were fatal.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a truck accident, it may be time to reach out to a St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer.
However, at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we recognize that selecting the right attorney for your particular needs is no small task.
Read on for some helpful tips on how to find an experienced St. Petersburg truck accident lawyer for you and your case.
How to Find the Right St. Petersburg Truck Accident Attorney for You
The aftermath of a truck accident can be emotionally traumatizing. To make matters worse, truck accidents frequently result in severe physical injuries. Common truck accident injuries include:
- Broken bones,
- Neck and back injuries,
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis,
- Internal injuries, and
- Head and brain injuries.
Due to the severity of injuries that may exist, you should not select just any attorney to help you with your case.
To get the compensation you need to recover, it is important to choose an experienced 18-wheeler accident attorney in Florida.
Thus, take some time to research potential St. Petersburg truck accident attorneys in the area to make sure you select the right one for you.
Look for a Law Firm With Tried and True Experience Handling Truck Accident Cases
Many lawyers will want to take your case. However, be wary of lawyers and law firms who do not have any experience handling truck accident cases specifically.
While any lawyer can technically represent you in your truck accident case, it will be substantially more beneficial to you to select someone with specific experience handling commercial truck accident cases.
There are certain rules and regulations that pertain specifically to commercial trucks and 18-wheelers.
However, attorneys that practice general personal injury law will not have the tools necessary to recognize and identify these specific considerations.
The truck accident attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk have the knowledge and experience you are looking for to help you with your case.
Select an Attorney With Trial Experience
Due to the complexity of truck accident cases, there is always a chance that your case might go to trial.
While it is almost always preferred to resolve such cases outside of court through settlement negotiations, sometimes this is not feasible or in your best interest.
Thus, it is important to select an attorney with experience litigating truck accident cases to conclusion. That way, you are in good hands if a trial becomes necessary.
Our team of attorneys has experience taking cases to trial. We are not afraid to do so, and we will settle your truck accident case only if that is what is best for you.
Never Underestimate the Value of Client Reviews
A great way to determine if a truck accident lawyer is the best one for you is to look at reviews from previous clients. In fact, client reviews are often some of the best indicators of a successful and reliable attorney.
It is an honor to serve our community, and we are proud of the positive reviews and testimonials that we consistently receive from our past clients.
Look for an Attorney You Can Get Along With
Depending on the complexity of your particular situation, your case may take time to resolve.
While some cases may reach a resolution in a matter of weeks, others may take months and even years. Thus, it is important to hire an attorney you can get along with for extended periods of time.
You will be spending a lot of time with your truck accident lawyer discussing the facts of your case and potential next steps and resolutions.
Make sure to choose someone whom you trust and who is willing to patiently guide you throughout the process.
While an attorney’s primary job is to know and understand the law, it is also our duty as “counselor” to advise you of the process and your rights.
While this is not our first truck accident case by any means, we understand that it is probably yours. We want to make sure you feel cared for each step along the way.
Use Your Initial Consultation Wisely
As important as the initial consultation stage is for your potential attorney, it is just as important for you. So, make sure to take full advantage of it.
The initial consultation is important for a potential attorney to gather relevant information from you to assess your case and the strength of your claims. Bring your St. Petersburg accident report and any relevant information to this meeting. If you don’t have one, ask them if they can help you file an incident report with the St Petersburg Police Department for free.
However, it is also important for you in determining whether this is the right attorney for you.
Use your initial consultation to ask your potential attorney questions to get a feel for their level of familiarity with truck accident cases.
Ask them whether they are prepared to take your case to trial. Take note of whether you get along and would feel comfortable working with them.
By effectively utilizing your initial consultation, you can weed out the attorneys that are not the right fit and find the best one for you.
Contact the St. Petersburg Truck Accident Attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Today
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we have been assisting injury victims throughout Florida for over 30 years, and we want to do the same for you.
St. Petersburg, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Truck Accident Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Citrus County, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Sumter County, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!