Lakeland Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you lost a family member in an accident that someone else caused, you might be considering your options for taking legal action.
In Florida, injury accident victims can lose their lives in motor vehicle crashes, construction accidents, bicycle accidents, slip and falls, or virtually any other scenario. No matter how your loved one lost their life, your family deserves justice and fair financial compensation for your loss.
No settlement or jury award can bring your loved one back. However, an experienced attorney can help you hold the at-fault party responsible for their actions and pursue compensation for your damages. Contacting a Lakeland wrongful death attorney from Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can help you understand your options and get started with the legal process.
What Are Some Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Lakeland?
Although any type of personal injury accident can result in the victim’s death, these are some of the most common causes:
- Car accidents,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Bicycle accidents,
- Pedestrian accidents,
- Construction accidents,
- Medical malpractice,
- Slip and fall accidents
- 18-wheeler accidents (truck accidents), and
- Defective product accidents.
Whatever the circumstances of your loved one’s fatal injuries, a Lakeland wrongful death attorney can help you learn more about your options for taking action against the at-fault party.
Am I Eligible to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In Florida, a wrongful death claim can be filed only by a designed personal representative of the victim’s estate. The victim’s spouse, children, and parents are typically the beneficiaries of a wrongful death claim. However, other family members may be entitled to recover damages, depending on their relationship to the victim. An attorney can evaluate the details of your situation to help you determine your rights to pursue legal action under the law.
Contacting an attorney as soon as possible after any personal injury accident can help ensure you don’t lose your right to pursue a claim.
How Can a Lakeland Wrongful Death Lawyer Help?
When you trust Abrahamson & Uiterwyk to handle your wrongful death claim, we will work tirelessly to bring you justice.
We handle every aspect of your case, from beginning to end. This allows you to have the time you need with your family. We put our network of resources to work on your behalf, investigating the circumstances of your loved one’s injury accident and compiling the evidence necessary to build the strongest possible case. We handle all contact and interaction with the insurance company and other involved parties, providing you with updates along the way.
Once we document your case and all your damages, we submit a demand to the at-fault party’s insurance company. In most cases, we successfully negotiate a settlement with the insurance company. If necessary, however, we are prepared to file a lawsuit and fight for you in court.
During the past three decades, Abrahamson & Uiterwyk has represented more than 20,000 clients, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars on their behalf.
Our past case results demonstrate our commitment to getting justice for our clients and holding at-fault parties accountable for their actions. Although these results might not indicate any particular outcome for your case, you can rest assured that we will take every possible step to seek the compensation you deserve for your economic and non-economic damages.
What is the Value of My Wrongful Death Claim?
To determine the value of your wrongful death claim, we begin by identifying the damages you suffered as a result of your family member’s death. Depending on the details of your case, you could be entitled to pursue damages that include the following:
- Funeral expenses,
- Mental pain and suffering,
- Lost income,
- Loss of household support,
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship and protection,
- Loss of guidance and counsel, and
- Loss of inheritance.
You could also be entitled to pursue other types of damages, such as lost accumulation of value of the victim’s estate and any medical expenses you incurred due to the victim’s treatment before their death. To better understand the potential value of your claim, contact one of our Lakeland wrongful death attorneys today.
How Will My Attorney Prove My Wrongful Death Claim?
This complex area of the law can pose significant challenges when you attempt to establish liability for wrongful death. Our experienced attorneys understand these challenges and know what’s necessary to build the strongest possible case.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the victim’s injuries, we may need to demonstrate the elements of negligence.
For example, if your loved one died as a result of a car accident or medical malpractice, we must demonstrate that the at-fault party’s negligent or wrongful actions—such as impaired, distracted, or reckless driving—caused the victim’s death. If the victim died as a result of a slip and fall accident, we must demonstrate how the property owner failed to maintain their property properly or failed to provide adequate warning of a hazard.
Every case is unique and requires a carefully crafted legal strategy. The experienced wrongful death lawyers of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk take a highly personalized approach, ensuring the best possible outcome for you.
Contact a Lakeland Wrongful Death Lawyer Now for Help
Contact us today. Why? Time is of the essence after any type of wrongful death accident. Before you speak to the insurance company or consider accepting any settlement officer, contact a Lakeland wrongful death attorney from Abrahamson & Uiterwyk. For more than three decades, we have fought to get justice for our clients. We are known for our highly personalized level of service and our ability to get results.
We offer a free consultation and case evaluation. We evaluate the details of your case and help you understand your options for pursuing a claim. We will answer your questions and explain your options, so you can make the best choice for yourself, your family, and your future.
Contact us today to discuss your case and learn more about how we can help you with a wrongful death claim in Lakeland.
Lakeland, FL Case Types
The highly-experienced Florida personal injury law firm of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk provides:
- Car accident lawyers in Florida
- Guide to Florida Car Accident Law
- Motorcycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Slip & fall lawyers in Florida
- Truck accident lawyers in Florida
- Bicycle accident lawyers in Florida
- Brain injury lawyers in Florida
- Birth injury lawyers in Florida
- Pedestrian accident lawyers in Florida
- Florida Red Light Car Accident Settlement Lawyers
- Construction accident lawyers in Florida
- Wrongful death lawyers in Florida
- Actos injury lawyers in Florida
- Boating accident lawyers in Florida
- Business interruption insurance lawyers in Florida
- Defective drugs medical device lawyers in Florida
- Dog bite lawyers in Florida
- Drunk driving accident lawyers in Florida
- Insurance disputes lawyers in Florida
- Medical malpractice lawyers in Florida
- Metal hip knee implant lawyers in Florida
- Nursing home abuse lawyers in Florida
- Product liability lawyers in Florida
- Work injury / workers comp lawyers in Florida
Service Area for Wrongful Death Attorneys Near You
- Tampa, FL injury lawyers
- Clearwater, FL injury lawyers
- St. Petersburg, FL injury lawyers
- Sarasota, FL injury lawyers
- Orlando, FL injury lawyers
- Bartow, FL injury lawyers
- Brandon, FL injury lawyers
- Brooksville, FL injury lawyers
- Crystal River, FL injury lawyers
- Dade City, FL injury lawyers
- Homosassa, FL injury lawyers
- Hudson, FL injury lawyers
- Inverness, FL injury lawyers
- Lakeland, FL injury lawyers
- Largo, FL injury lawyers
- Lutz, FL injury lawyers
- New Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Oldsmar, FL injury lawyers
- Palm Harbor, FL injury lawyers
- Pinellas Park, FL injury lawyers
- Plant City, FL injury lawyers
- Port Richey, FL injury lawyers
- Riverview, FL injury lawyers
- Ruskin, FL injury lawyers
- Sebring, FL injury lawyers
- Spring Hill, FL injury lawyers
- Tarpon Springs, FL injury lawyers
- Town ‘N’ Country, FL injury lawyers
- Wesley Chapel, FL injury lawyers
- Winter Haven, FL injury lawyers
- Zephyrhills, FL injury lawyers
…and the surrounding area!