Tampa Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
“Motorcyclists are frequently the victims of inattentive and negligent drivers…and unfortunately, bikers’ injuries are commonly tragic…” Erik G. Abrahamson, Senior Partner
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our Tampa motorcycle accident lawyers are passionate about representing injured motorcycle riders and fighting on behalf of families that have lost loved ones in motorcycle accidents. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident in the Tampa area, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation today.
Experienced Representation for Motorcycle Accident Claims in Tampa
Pursuing just compensation after a motorcycle accident is no easy task. The insurance companies want you to collect as little as possible; and, between your injuries and the financial burdens that typically follow a serious accident, you simply do not have time or energy to do everything necessary to protect your legal rights.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we handle the entire process for you. Our team of 10+ attorneys and 40+ legal professionals has handled thousands of accident cases, and we know just how important it is that you secure full and fair compensation for your accident-related losses. Whether that means accepting an insurance settlement or taking your case to trial, we want you to feel confident that we have done everything possible to secure justice on your behalf.
Our experienced Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys are intimately familiar with all of the complex aspects of Florida motorcycle accident cases. This includes the common bias against motorcycle riders, as well as:
- Driving errors that commonly cause motorcycle accidents
- Florida vehicle laws pertaining to motorcycles
- Motorcycle accident reconstruction
- Motorcycle design and manufacturing issues
- Roadway design and construction issues as they pertain to motorcycle accidents
What Our Clients Say
I would definitely use Abrahamson & Uiterwyk again for all my legal needs. They were very knowledgeable, personable and expedited my claim. I highly recommend anyone seeking legal council to...
Jeannette G., Tampa
Your law firm certainly went the "extra mile" for me and my family. I can't say thank you enough for all you have done. . . You certainly went beyond...
Barb C., Tampa
It was another great experience again to have Abrahamson & Uiterwyk law firm to represent our auto accident case after the first successful auto accident case 3 years ago. . .
Our former clients have provided hundreds of positive online reviews. Nevertheless, each case is different and prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results. We always strive for excellent client communication and client satisfaction. We would be honored to have the opportunity to review your case.
Driver Error: A Common Cause of Many Motorcycle Accidents
In most collisions between motorcycles and other vehicles, driver negligence is to blame. Whether distracted, drowsy, drunk, or simply being inattentive, drivers who fail to maintain control of their vehicles are frequently at fault for motorcycle riders’ accident-related injuries. Some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents involving driver negligence include:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to follow posted traffic laws or yield the right of way
- Failing to see a motorcyclist when changing lanes or passing other motor vehicles
- Falling asleep behind the wheel
- Swerving directly in front of an oncoming motorcycle
- Pulling out of an intersection or driveway into the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- Texting or talking on the phone behind the wheel
Motorcycle Safety Will Not Prevent All Accidents and Injuries
Even Safe Riders Can Be Injured in Accidents
Most motorcycle riders understand the physical and financial consequences of being involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, most riders follow basic motorcycle safety practices, and few riders intentionally do things to put themselves in harm’s way. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation recommends that riders adopt the “SEE” system in order to protect themselves as much as possible. The “SEE” system reminds riders to:
- Search for potential hazards,
- Evaluate potential hazards, such as merging traffic, and
- Execute appropriate maneuvers to avoid hazards.
Proper safety gear – including a riding jacket, riding pants, boots, gloves, and a full-face helmet – can help reduce the risk of injury in an accident as well. But, again, there often is simply nothing that unsuspecting riders can do to avoid being hit by a negligent driver.
Indeed, even the most conscientious riders cannot completely avoid the safety threat posed by negligent drivers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over one hundred thousand riders are injured in motorcycle accidents annually, and thousands lose their lives as a result of their injuries. In Florida alone, motorcycle accidents leave thousands of riders suffering from serious injuries and kill hundreds of riders every year.
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE OUR INJURY LAW TEAM
OUR NO FEE GUARANTEE
We make it simple for you. You incur absolutely No Fees or Costs unless you win. Period. No exceptions.
ACCIDENT INJURY FOCUS
Our skilled Tampa injury lawyers are focused only on injury cases including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, and all serious injuries
EXPERIENCED INJURY LAW TEAM
Our personal injury law firm consists of 10 attorneys and 40 legal staff experienced in protecting the rights of injured victims.
AGGRESSIVE & PROMPT
We represent injured victims, not insurance companies. We push insurance companies to settle legitimate claims quickly & fairly through “prompt & aggressive representation” of our clients.
We have achieved a “Best Law Firm” rating with U.S. News and World Report; an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau; and a Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Rating (highest possible rating).
Our attorneys have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims and their families, including various multi-million-dollar case results.
We are proud to have hundreds of client five-star reviews on Google.
20,000+ INJURY VICTIMS REPRESENTED
Our firm has represented over 20,000+ clients injured as a result of someone else’s negligence
We give each client the personal attention they deserve. We will work closely with you so that we can pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
10 Tips for Motorcycle Highway Safety
The following are all measures that motorcycle riders can take to reduce (but not eliminate) their risk of being involved in an accident caused by a negligent driver:
- Follow “SEE” – Follow the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s “SEE” system outlined above.
- Follow “ATGATT” – “ATGATT” stands for, “all the gear, all the time.” Each time you ride, whether you are going five miles or 50, suit up to limit your risk of serious injuries in the event of a collision.
- Ride Within Your Limits – Know your limits as a motorcycle rider, and ride within them.
- Ride Within the Law – Always observe speed limits, traffic signals, and the other rules of the road.
- Check the Weather – Tampa weather can be unpredictable, but knowing if you are about to ride into a rainstorm can help you prepare accordingly.
- Check Your Bike – Before you get in the saddle, check your motorcycle’s oil and brake fluid levels. Make sure your tires are inflated and your headlights and brake lights are operational.
- Look Where You Want to Go – If you get fixated on a pothole or another potential hazard, you are more likely to hit it. Focus on looking where you want to go and your bike will generally follow.
- Look Out for Debris – Loose gravel, sand, and other debris can turn even dry surfaces into dangerous hazards for motorcycle riders.
- Avoid Signs of Danger – If you see a car swerving ahead of you, or if a driver will not get off of your tail, safely maneuver away from the danger. Try to keep enough of a buffer between your bike and the vehicles around you so that you can react safely in the event of an emergency.
- Avoid Confrontations – If you find yourself faced with an aggressive driver or someone exhibiting road rage, try not to engage. Let them pass you and be on their way.
Importantly, if you failed to follow any of these safety practices, this does not mean that you will be unable to pursue a claim for compensation. Determining the cause of a motorcycle accident is extremely complicated and requires the help of an experienced local motorcycle accident lawyer. In addition, under Florida law, you may be entitled to compensation even if you were partially at fault in an accident, so you do not want to make any assumptions about your case until you obtain legal advice.
Firm Awards, Recognition & Memberships
Learn More about Your Rights After a Tampa, FL Motorcycle Accident
As an accident victim, you are not expected to know your legal rights. If you have questions, or if you are unsure of whether or not you have a claim for compensation, this should not prevent you from speaking with an injury lawyer. At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we offer free initial consultations, and a member of our team will be happy to meet with you to discuss your case.
For additional information about specific types of motorcycle accidents and other accident-related topics, we encourage you to review the following free resources from the Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk:
Meet the Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyers and Team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is a Tampa, FL law firm that focuses exclusively on representing individuals and families in cases involving serious personal injuries and wrongful death. Our senior partners each have decades of legal experience, and together our attorneys have over a century of collective experience helping accident victims secure fair compensation.
Over the last 30 years, we have represented over 20,000 clients, securing tens of millions of dollars for their losses. In each case, we focus on the details that make our client’s situation unique in order to help maximize their financial recoveries. Your case is unique, and it deserves to be treated accordingly. Contact us today to find out more about why Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is the right choice for your Tampa motorcycle accident claim.
Schedule Your Free Motorcycle Accident Consultation Today
If you have questions about your rights after a motorcycle crash in Tampa, contact the Florida motorcycle accident lawyers at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today for your free, no-obligation consultation. We work on a contingent fee basis, which means that there are no fees or costs unless we win your case. For personalized legal advice speak with one of our Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys by calling us at 1-800-753-5203, start a Live Chat, or request a consultation online today.