Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Petersburg
Have you suffered a personal injury due to the negligence or reckless actions of another party? Abrahamson & Uiterwyk is among the longest-standing personal injury and accident law firms in Pinellas County. Our tenacious injury attorneys have been committed to passionately serving the injured in St. Petersburg since we opened our doors over 30 years ago.
- Our St. Petersburg car accident lawyers have earned dozens positive of Google reviews.
- We’ve achieved an A+ Rating with the BBB.
- We’ve achieved a “Best Law Firm” rating by U.S. News and World Report.
- We’ve achieved an “AV Preeminent” Rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
- To best serve our clients we have chosen to focus our practice exclusively on personal injury law.
- We never charge an up-front fee. We always offer free case reviews, and we only take a fee if we recover money for you.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our personal injury attorneys in St. Petersburg can help whether you have been a victim injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, slip, and fall, or other accident types. Our experienced team of accident lawyers, investigators and paralegals have the experience, compassion, and dedication to help you through this stressful time and fight to get the compensation you deserve.
Ready to get started on the road to recovery? Contact our law firm anytime for an immediate case review with a St. Petersburg personal injury attorney.
Not quite ready to schedule your free personal injury case review? No problem. This page has lots of useful information that will help you take the proper steps from here. Once you’re ready to talk, our St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers will be ready and waiting.
St. Petersburg Personal Injury & Car Accident FAQs
Browse the questions and answers below to learn more about the personal injury process. You can also call our office anytime to discuss these questions with a legal professional on our staff. Calling us obligates you to nothing and gives you a chance to discuss the specifics of your case with an experienced St. Petersburg accident lawyer.
What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured In A Car Accident?
The single most important thing you must do after an injury-causing accident in St. Petersburg is seek prompt medical attention. Next, protect your legal rights by contacting an experienced injury lawyer as soon as possible. There are many complex legal steps involved in maximizing financial compensation for your injuries, and time is of the essence.
The insurance companies have already begun assembling their resources and working to minimize your case, injuries, and compensation. In addition, you could have a limited time to file a personal injury claim. To avoid making mistakes that could make it impossible for you to recover just compensation, you should contact a St Petersburg car accident attorney now. This will give you the best chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Why Should I Seek Compensation For My Personal Injury?
When an accident that wasn’t your fault injures you, you shouldn’t have to take on the financial burden on your own. The medical bills incurred, lost wages from missing work and other expenses resulting from the accident can pile up. Seeking compensation will help you avoid the financial stress that an accident can bring.
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, our trusted personal injury attorneys in St Petersburg can help streamline your personal injury claim and will handle every stage of the legal process while you focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a St. Petersburg Accident Injury Attorney?
At Abrahamson & Uiterwyk, we charge no fees or costs unless we win. This is known as “contingency” representation. It costs you nothing out of pocket to hire our attorneys, and you do not pay anything unless we help you secure just compensation.
How Do I Know If I Actually Need to Speak with a Lawyer?
We recommend that anyone who has suffered serious injuries in a car accident seek legal advice. The pitfalls of not hiring an attorney when you need one are substantial, and failing to protect your rights can have lifelong consequences. We offer free initial consultations, and we are happy to help you understand if you have a claim for financial compensation.
What Sort of Damages Can I Be Compensated For?
While every injury claim and lawsuit under personal injury law are different, there are various damages that our personal injury attorneys in St Petersburg will focus on to secure maximum compensation for our clients’ injuries and losses. Such damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: These include any past and future medical expenses you incur as a result of your injuries.
- Lost Wages: Any past and future lost wages incurred as a result of your injuries are a key element of your injury claim and, with proper documentation, may be recoverable.
- Pain and Suffering: These are non-economic “general” damages that may be recovered for the physical and emotional pain victims suffer due to an accident.
- Punitive damages: These are damages intended in extreme cases of negligence or intentional wrongdoing to further punish the person or organization responsible for the accident in an effort for them to learn their lesson or dissuade others from acting in a similar manner.
What Will a St. Petersburg Personal Injury Lawyer Do Once I Hire Them?
Our professional team of personal injury attorneys in St. Petersburg are aggressive and will fight for your rights. Here is how it all works:
- Case review: Your St Petersburg car accident attorney will start with a free case evaluation to establish your rights and determine whether you have grounds to seek compensation.
- Collecting evidence: As soon as we establish you have a case, our car accident attorneys will immediately conduct a thorough investigation to include obtaining the accident report, police and witness statements, photographs of the accident scene as well as the property damage, etc. Our personal injury attorneys will also act quickly to identify all responsible parties and sources of compensation, immediately put the insurance companies on notice of our representation and begin collecting medical records to substantiate your personal injury claim.
- Expert Collaboration: With personal injury cases, it’s important to determine the full extent of your injuries to assess the current and future financial burdens so we can fight for the right amount of compensation. Your St Petersburg car accident injury lawyer will work with medical professionals to objectively verify your injuries.
- Negotiation: Our St Petersburg personal injury lawyers will aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies to seek the compensation you deserve. Most of the time a fair settlement offer can be achieved without the need for litigation or trial.
- Trial and Representation: If we are unable to obtain a settlement on your behalf and we believe the insurance company is not making a fair offer, we will explore litigation and trial. Insurance companies are aware of our successful history of obtaining favorable results for our clients at trial.
What Should I Do If I Was Injured in a Collision with a Drunk Driver?
If you have been injured in a drunk driving accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Your damages may include medical expenses, hospital bills, lost income due to time away from work, physical pain, emotional distress, and long-term suffering or disability. In the event of death, close family members may also be entitled to compensation for their loss. By following the steps below, you can help protect yourself after a drunk driving car accident.
- Get to safety. Your immediate safety should be your top priority.
- Check on the safety of everyone else involved in the accident.
- Call 911 and report the accident. Also ask for medical help if needed.
- Quickly record your version of the events for later reference.
- Don’t make any statements that might sound like you’re admitting fault.
- Remain present at the site of the accident until police have finished their report.
As soon as possible after completing these six steps, you should contact a St. Petersburg car accident lawyer. The sooner you have an experienced attorney on your side, the sooner you can begin protecting yourself against the tactics of the insurance company on the other side.
Cases We Handle as St. Petersburg Personal Injury Lawyers
Our attorneys represent individuals in a wide variety of personal injury cases throughout St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, and all of Florida. We routinely handle cases involving:
Car Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg
Located between Tampa Bay and Florida’s gulf coast, St. Petersburg is a popular destination for both locals and visitors. While this is good for the local economy, it also means that St. Petersburg sees heavy traffic, especially during rush hour and on weekends. St. Petersburg is also home to Tropicana Field, the home stadium of Major League Baseball’s Tampa Bay Rays. Game days bring congestion to the city, I-275, and the other roads that connect St. Petersburg to the rest of the Tampa Bay area.
If you have been injured in a car accident in St. Petersburg, it is important that you seek help standing up for your legal rights. If another driver’s negligence, a car or road defect, or other issue is responsible for your injuries, Florida law entitles you to seek full and fair compensation for your injury-related losses. But, to recover just compensation, you need experienced representation on your side. Learn more about our car accident practice.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg
When you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, you may have a right to financially recover for your losses. You may deserve compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and even inconvenience. Florida law aims to help motorcycle accident victims be made as whole as possible after their injuries. Our team of St Petersburg motorcycle accident attorneys can help you build your case and work towards seeking an optimal recovery in your case. Learn more about our motorcycle accident practice.
Cycling Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg
When bicyclists are severely injured by careless or negligent motorists, they may be entitled to monetary compensation under Florida personal injury law.
In addition to pain and suffering, the victim may be entitled to compensation for hospital stays, medical bills, time away from work, loss of future income, emotional distress, any disability or impairment caused by the accident, and other costs reasonably related to the driver’s negligence. By hiring an experienced St. Petersburg bicycle accident attorney you can level the playing field. The focused, aggressive legal team at Abrahamson & Uiterwyk can confront the insurance company and apply leverage, making a compelling case for the value of your damages. Learn more about our bicycle accident practice.
Other Practice Areas
Car Crash Statistics in St. Petersburg / Pinellas County FL
A car collision is the most likely way for the average American to suffer a serious injury, and the situation is no different for folks in St. Petersburg and Pinellas County. The statistics below were pulled from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website, and they highlight just how prevalent causing accidents are in St. Petersburg:
Breaking down the numbers further, we see that, in 2018 in Pinellas County, there were:
- 4,985 hit-and-run accidents which resulted in 984 injuries and 10 deaths
- 502 pedestrian crashes which resulted in 37 deaths
- 503 motorcycle crashes which resulted in 27 deaths
- 622 bicycle crashes which resulted in 7 deaths
Sample St. Petersburg Personal Injury Client Results
We have achieved significant settlements and verdicts for people just like you. Below are a few examples of results we’ve fought to obtain for our St. Petersburg accident and injury clients.
Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case.
Read Reviews from Our St. Petersburg Personal Injury Clients
Directions & Contact Info for Our St. Petersburg Law Office
Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Personal Injury Law
111 2nd Ave NE #306,
St. Petersburg, FL 33701